oops I forgot about Disneyland Park.......

If we get FP for Space Mountain when we first enter the park, when can we get FP for Star Tours?

Is it two hours after you get the FP or two hours after your return window?

Thanks.

We always do Nemo first and usually get on the first or second sub. That way it is done. We usually go three or four days and we don't wait in line too long. We just skip the rides that that have long lines and come back when they are shorter. We go in the morning and also take advantage off down times when there are parades going on. Usual you can get on the rides a little faster during this time. Also try to get on PP early. That is a pretty crazy long ride. We usually only get to ride this on once during ur trip.

If we get FP for Space Mountain when we first enter the park, when can we get FP for Star Tours?

It will tell you directly on your FastPass. "Next FastPass Available at XX:XX"

Is the Nemo ride worth riding? I feel like this is a must see for us, as we have nothing like it at WDW.

What are the lines for Nemo like later in the morning? what about later in the afternoon?

Depends on what you like. Nemo at DL is somewhat similar to Nemo at Epcot except you are in a sub instead of a clam shell. The first 1/2 the ride is mostly regarding the sub with captain speaking over the loudspeaker, diving etc. 2nd half is Nemo themed with similar effects as WDW's version.

Very early morning may see short lines and again late night.

Thanks.

you get smaller wait times between FP availability in the mornings before it gets crowded because your return times are earlier. So you can collect FPs in the morning and use them later in the day as long as they don't start enforcing FP like its been rumored will happen soon.

In may we were able to get FP for Star Wars, Indy and BTMRR within about a 2 to 3 hour period because our return times for each were still in the morning. We then got a 2nd for BTMRR soon after that. Between we rode several rides in FL ( ( and a couple in other areas) as well as eac of the rides we got FP for.

It will tell you directly on your FastPass. "Next FastPass Available at XX:XX"

It's either two hours after you get the pass, or AT the return window, not two hours after the return window!

And I really like Nemo - it's so cute!

We also usually hit Nemo first thing in the morning. It's a slow, long line the rest of the day, but if you had over first thing you should be on in minutes.

I would head to Fantasyland first if you are interested in those rides. Then head over to tomorrowland and grab fastpasses for space or star tours, ride buzz and Nemo if the line is shorter (20 min or less). then you can hit up the rest using fast passes with no problem. Matterhorn can be long but it moves pretty quickly.

Nemo usually clears out late in the evening too. So you might have no wait then plus the subs can be half empty then. :thumbsup2 My BF and I rode one morning since everyone was at space and we had a sub with only 10 others...plenty of space.

I find it curious to hear this ride referred to as the Nemo ride. As a native of Orange County, California and a person that has been going to Disneyland all of my life, I call that ride the submarine ride. Long before there was a clownfish named Nemo, or a company named Pixar, Disney was stuffing guests into a semi-submurged tube and showing them what life was like under the sea.

BTW the descirption of the ride posted above is spot on. It's slow churn, claustrophobic and the port holes in the side of the submarine are designed for kids and very small adults. Below please find a photo of my daughter (on the left) and two of her friends enjoying the submarine ride.

submarineinterior.jpg

I'm 6'6" tall and didnt bother to stick my head in the port hole. Some Disney rides exit guests into the gift shop. This one (and the Matterhorn) should exit guests into the chiropractor's office.

Rick

Here's my take... We do FL first always in the morning. Here's why.

With the exception of PP and Dumbo every ride in the area behind the castle will be walk on and the rides themselves are short. As the morning goes on their lines will build, so if Pinocchio, Alice, Snow White, Toad, Storybook Boats, Casey Jr, and the Carousal, all have built even 10 minute lines each by the time you get over there, you've added maybe 70 minutes of line time, vs maybe a twenty to thirty minute wait on Nemo if you do FL first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter