Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report *update 2/23-We're Going Back!*

Thanks so much for sharing your TR with us and congrats on the new addition to your family!!!!

Aww how cute Phil. I've been passing these out a lot lately, but age 5 certainly deserves one too.

bdo.jpg

Also, I think I may know what this tease involves... :scratchin

Thanks so much for creating the official Rob Happy Birthday Button for Olivia - very sweet and appreciated.

yeah, the tease is probably not going to be too much of a surprise, but I do love a good tease ;)

Happy Birthday Olivia!! :bday:

Thank you! We had her party yesterday (a dress up part with tons of Disney Princesses involved, of course) and she had a grand time

Happy 5th Birthday to Miss Olivia! Such a cutie!

Aw thanks! She does have her cute moments ... and they tend to erase a bunch of the drama moments - which is lucky for her ;)

Thanks so much for sharing your TR with us and congrats on the new addition to your family!!!!

Thank you on both counts - glad you enjoyed the TR

Update - We're going back to the World!​

Ok, so I am sure some of you have figured out what our tease it ... but to confirm - we have decided to go back to Disney World! To be fair, probably was just a matter of "when" rather than "if" with the annual pass burning a hole in my pocket.

We are still finalizing some details but our plan is to go back the last week of August.

Here was the argument I laid out in my head before bringing it up to Judi:

A) We always try to get the new child down to Florida to meet Judi's family, especially her grandmother who doesn't travel to cold weather locals anymore

B) Given (A) it would be weird to go to Florida and not go to Disney World

C) So if we assume (A) and (B) then it definitely makes sense to go while my Annual Pass and TiW are still valid ... so before mid October

D) Well, taking (C) into account and combine with the fact the past few years they have had good room only discounts for mid August through the end of September, and knowing that Olivia starts Kindergarten after Labor Day, the end of August through Labor Day Weekend makes the most sense

E) I actually am taking off a lot of time when the new baby is born as last year I hit 10 years with my company and when that happens I get an extra one time use 4 weeks of vacation to use (I actually realized I have 48 days of vacation to use this year including carryovers from last year). The last week of August would be the last week I was thinking of taking off

So A + B + C + D + E = we would be foolish and irresponsible NOT to go ;)

So the conversation with Judi went like this

Me: So I was wondering if you were planning on brining the new baby down to Florida to meet your grandmother

Judi: Yeah, definitely will want to at some point

Me: Well, if we are going down anyway, maybe we could fit in a quick Disney Trip?

Judi: Oh yeah, that totally makes sense, sounds good

Me: Do you want to hear my other 4 points of argument or should I just quit while I am ahead?

So I am still nailing down details, but the plan is to go from Monday August 25th through Friday August 29th and stay onsite for the first time in years.

Very excited - I mean, I kinda needed a new trip to plan with having finished this trip report!

So what?

So let's Dance!

Rodney_Dance_Caddyshack1.gif

That's wonderful! Considering our next trip will most likely not be until 2015, I'm very jealous!

:dancer: Definitely a reason to dance!! Yay another Dis trip. That very week in August is when we have gone for the last 4 years and what do you know, the year I move it to Sept. you go ahead and book those dates. Figures! You're right though, the room discounts are great so between A+B+C+D that = :banana:

You and Olivia have birthdays very close together. :bday: Of course I'll always remember your birthday from now on since you share a bday with my youngest son. :thumbsup2 Happy belated birthday to you and Olivia!

Are you planning to start a PTR? Or just let it ride until you return from your trip because you know you MUST do a TR! :cool2:

Happy Belated Birthday Olivia! :goodvibes

Awesome!!! :cool1: I love that the conversation with Judi went smoothly and that she's all for it. First time with 3 kids! Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I do hope you'll be doing a TR!

How exciting!! Awesome news! :cool1::thumbsup2pixiedust::banana:

Thank you! We are very excited ... plus, planning a trip is almost as fun as the trip itself ;)

That's wonderful! Considering our next trip will most likely not be until 2015, I'm very jealous!

We have been going every-other year, and probably will go back to that after this trip, but hey, I'm definitely not complaining!

Happy Belated Birthday Olivia! :goodvibes

Awesome!!! :cool1: I love that the conversation with Judi went smoothly and that she's all for it. First time with 3 kids! Will be interesting to see how it goes.

I do hope you'll be doing a TR!

Thank you and Olivia thanks you too! Yeah, we shall see how the trip goes with 3 kids. We are definitely planning to take it easy and I am basically viewing this as a "bonus" trip so we get to what we do, hopefully see some of the new things (Mine Train, Festival of Fantasy parade, etc.) and just have some fun

:dancer: Definitely a reason to dance!! Yay another Dis trip. That very week in August is when we have gone for the last 4 years and what do you know, the year I move it to Sept. you go ahead and book those dates. Figures! You're right though, the room discounts are great so between A+B+C+D that = :banana:

You and Olivia have birthdays very close together. :bday: Of course I'll always remember your birthday from now on since you share a bday with my youngest son. :thumbsup2 Happy belated birthday to you and Olivia!

Are you planning to start a PTR? Or just let it ride until you return from your trip because you know you MUST do a TR! :cool2:

Thanks Brenda! Oh, that's a bummer that our trips don't line up! Oh well - a reason to go back again at some point in the future :lmao:

yeah, my birthday is 2 days after Olivia's which generally means I don't get to celebrate much - but we actually did a few things this year as we went out to dinner with another family, the dad in which was born the day after me, so we celebrated both of our birthdays, which was fun.

I was on the fence about doing a Pre-Trip Report - but your asking about one confirmed it with me and I have started one - which you can find here: Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report

Thanks for the encouragement - definitely plan to do another trip report, glad people seem to be looking forward to it :rotfl:

See... this is why math is so amazing. I don't understand why more people don't like it. LOLOLOL.

YAY for another trip and congrats on your happy news! Headed over to the PTR. Unfortunately, I probably won't have another one of those for a while. But it's all good! I get to revel in everyone else's plans without actually having to get on an airplane.

Just one thing to say Phil... party:

Thanks Rob! We are pretty excited and as we are definitely viewing this as a "bonus" trip I am hoping I will calm down the plans a bit and take time to soak in all the Disney feelings!

See... this is why math is so amazing. I don't understand why more people don't like it. LOLOLOL.

YAY for another trip and congrats on your happy news! Headed over to the PTR. Unfortunately, I probably won't have another one of those for a while. But it's all good! I get to revel in everyone else's plans without actually having to get on an airplane.

yeah, I bet if you told kids in middle school that the math they were learning then would help them get a trip to Disney more of them would pay attention :rotfl:

Bummer that you won't have a trip for a while, but not having to do something you don't want to do (i.e., get on a plane) is always good! Feel free to live vicariously though my trip/pre-trip ... I certainly have done that enough through everyone elses

Honestly, I am not a stalker but I enjoyed reading your pre-trip thread so much I thought I would check out your October 2013 TR since we are planning a trip this fall

Your children are so sweet and I totally understand the need for the Princess dresses for your daughter!

Your photos are great but I was dismayed to see how crowded it seemed to be. I am up to Day 5 and hope to finish reading your great report when work does not beckon me.

Oh, my the way - nice towel animals, two swans no less....{sigh}

I just want to say I really enjoyed your TR! I laughed, I chuckled, I had a good time! Thank you very much for sharing. Its good to see that a full Disney vacation can still be achieved even while being offsite! I am now going to dive into your PTR for all the plotty goodness!

Honestly, I am not a stalker but I enjoyed reading your pre-trip thread so much I thought I would check out your October 2013 TR since we are planning a trip this fall

Welcome - thanks for coming over! Glad you are enjoying the Pre-trip report ... hoping to have some news finalized soon to update that again!

Your children are so sweet and I totally understand the need for the Princess dresses for your daughter!

Thank you! She loves it and it is fun to dress her up ... plus I figure we only have so many years when she will want to do this and then we will be missing it

Your photos are great but I was dismayed to see how crowded it seemed to be. I am up to Day 5 and hope to finish reading your great report when work does not beckon me.

We were pretty shocked by the crowd levels our entire trip - it did ease up a bit later in the week but still more than we had expected. We've gone in October in the past and it was way more crowded this time. Definitely do as much as you can during the week - when we hit up F&WF on Thursday compared to the first Saturday it was soooooo much better.

Oh, my the way - nice towel animals, two swans no less....{sigh}

They were nice - and unexpected as it wasn't a Disney resort!

I just want to say I really enjoyed your TR! I laughed, I chuckled, I had a good time! Thank you very much for sharing. Its good to see that a full Disney vacation can still be achieved even while being offsite! I am now going to dive into your PTR for all the plotty goodness!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it and had a good time! You can definitely have a full Disney vacation staying offsite. Definitely is a bit different though - and I think the fact that we were so close to being on site helped. Definitely trade-offs but having the space was worth it for us.

... that said, our upcoming trip in August we are staying on site ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter