Onsite or Universal hotels?

Discussion in 'Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums' started by candleonwater, Jul 8, 2002.

1. candleonwater

candleonwater The Tag Fairy has been around forever

Sep 15, 2000
    Okay, being a major Disney fan, I already know the pluses to staying onsite, however, my favorite hotel is the Beach Club and for my next trip to FLA (for a DCL cruise) the Beach Club would run me over $400 a night... so I'm looking for an alternative. Someone suggested one of the Official Hotels for Universal... good or bad? I will have a rental car...
  2. SimonV

SimonV Proud to have called Bob Varley 'friend'

Aug 18, 1999
    candleonwater, I've copied this thread over to the Universal forums, where you may get more replies. My feeling is the Portofino Bay would be a pretty good change from the Beach Club, and for considerably less $$s too.
  3. PartyofSix

PartyofSix TripMomma + 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I totally agree with Simon. PBH rocks! It's so clean and star service is great. I can't wait to go back and I just got home. I miss those comfy beds and covers! And those downs pillows. I would say try it out esp if you plan on doing a park. We saved a ton of time with FOTL. That was way to cool. And FOTL works at resturants at citywalk to! With our AP we saved a ton of $$ with counter and meals mers. discounted!