Onsite Options for a family of 5 +1

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by magicwishes, Nov 28, 2012.

?

What option would you choose?

1. Rent DVC Points for a 1BR

2. 2 Value Rooms

3. Value Suite

4. Cabin at FWR

5. Offsite

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. magicwishes

magicwishes Mouseketeer

Update:

We have narrowed down our major options to two. We are thinking we will most likely either get a standard room at a moderate resort and then have an additional standard room for the 4 nights the other adult is joining us. A standard moderate room would cost a minimal amount more than a standard value room at rack rates, and the moderate resort would give us queen beds. Our other main option is to get a 1 bedroom at Kidani for the time the other adult is joining us and stay in a moderate the rest of the time (or potentially stay at Kidani for the entire time). Doing a resort switch on property went well last time we did it as Disney does all the work of moving the stuff. We also really enjoyed getting to see two resorts, so a split stay can be a bonus in some ways for us.

We originally did want 3 sleeping spaces, so my husband and I could sleep in the same bed. It will save us much more money for my husband and I to sleep in separate beds with each of us with a kid or two and/or a kid on the child's air mattress if needed. The kids love sleeping with us, so I guess it's a bonus for them.

Thank you for everyone's input. We'll still consider some of the other options depending on the promotions that hopefully come out. Please feel free to share any additional thoughts.

Would you make reservations now or wait until it gets closer? I was think I would make reservations now and then adjust or cancel them depending on the promotions or finding DVC points to rent.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Eeyore's Wife

Eeyore's Wife DIS Veteran

Port Orleans Riverside, Alligator Bayou section, is the only Moderate resort where you get three beds. You can stay Moderate and still sleep with your husband in a Queen sized bed with both kids in their own bed.

To guarantee you get a room with the Murphy bed (since you only have four people on the reservation) you should get a preferred room which will get you the third bed and a close location to food and transportation.

Your update made it seem like you were going to stay moderate and would have to accept only two beds. . .not so.

Have a great trip.