Only two Boardway shows?

This is peak DisBoards. The person just wants an opinion on the show, they never mentioned a ship.

Sorry, I read it as the poster was asking OP about the tangled show, in which case she has the wrong ship and likely wouldn't be able to answer the question. Some reply from someone is better than no reply I'd imagine. Theres a lot of threads about the tangled show out there.

Did you not have Toy Story, Golden Mickey's and Dreams? What was missing?

Typically there are 3 production shows on a cruise. For longer than 3 night cruises, they will add the "welcome aboard" show. And Pirate night typically has a movie or an individual entertainer in the WDT.

Longer cruises will add in more individual entertainers and/or the farewell show (usually Remember the Magic).
Toy Story and Dreams were the only two.

Sorry guys - wasn't trying to cause any problems by asking about Rapunzel in this thread. :( Someone mentioned that they had seen the new Rapunzel show and I just asked about how it was.

I'll go check out other threads about that specific show. :)

Offering fewer shows is clearly an "enhancement" of the guest experience - this way cruisers won't feel as if they need to adhere to such strict scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they are floating the idea of offering fewer entertainment experiences and waiting to see if anyone actually complains.

I didn't read the whole thread but I was disppointed too, I think they pulled twice charmed almost like a week before we got on and so we only had 2 on a 7 night(Magic), we watched tangled twice though and it was fantastic, amazing

We were on the Magic a couple weeks ago and only had the two productions shows as well. Dreams was excellent as we hadn't seen it since they added the Frozen part to it. Tangled the Musical was very good as well, and longer than I thought it would be. Honestly didn't miss not having a 3rd show as we spent our other evenings catching up on movies we hadn't seen or wanted to see again.

Offering fewer shows is clearly an "enhancement" of the guest experience - this way cruisers won't feel as if they need to adhere to such strict scheduling. I wouldn't be surprised if they are floating the idea of offering fewer entertainment experiences and waiting to see if anyone actually complains.

Well, I'm complaining.

If they would only offer two shows on our WBTA I would get mad - for sure! I love the shows!!

Well, I'm complaining.

Me too. I don't mind the current hiatuses because they're for good reason and I'm all for improvements to be made if they think it's needed. But it would say a lot about Disney's attitude towards its' customers if they permanently downgrade to 2 shows on a standard cruise. I hate to bring the thread back around to this subject, but with the amount DCL cruises are going for these days I think guests deserve a minimum of three Broadway-style shows.

I think it depends on what DCL does with the other evenings. If they bring in Susan Egan, she actually starred on Broadway as the first Belle, was the voice of Meg in Hercules, and her talent far exceeds that of the actors in the DCL musical theatre shows. That's not to say the production numbers are tacky (tho some are cheesy) they're still better than most shows I've seen on other cruise lines; it's just that Susan's voice is amazing.

I completely agree with you, but there's no guarantee they would be able to have the likes of Susan Egan or Jodi Benson on every cruise (I believe Jodi performed on a longer cruise, transatlantic maybe?), but you would have the performers for a 3rd show as they generally use a lot of the same cast between shows. I would much rather see people like Susan or Jodi perform than see some of the productions again, but imagine being on a cruise with only 2 shows and all they could find is a dud performer for that extra night.

jdb in AZ said:
That's not to say the production numbers are tacky (tho some are cheesy)

The entirety of Villains Tonight :P

It's strange that they aren't using a filler show. ... Strange that they completely pull a show while reworking it. I don't know why they can't continue performing the "old" show until the have the "new" one ready.

The same cast is used for all of their shows. They need the time to rehearse which is why they don't perform every night. If a show is pulled for tweaking, they will be using the time to rehearse the changes.

Last edited:
So, on the Wonder, when there was no Golden Mickeys, what was the replacement show? Susan Egan was on the Magic. I haven't seen what they did in the Wonder to make up for the missing Golden Mickeys.

I think it depends on what DCL does with the other evenings. If they bring in Susan Egan, she actually starred on Broadway as the first Belle, was the voice of Meg in Hercules, and her talent far exceeds that of the actors in the DCL musical theatre shows. That's not to say the production numbers are tacky (tho some are cheesy) they're still better than most shows I've seen on other cruise lines; it's just that Susan's voice is amazing.
On the DVC Alaska member cruise, they brought in a number of the Broadway performers for the last night, the highlight of which was Ashley Brown, who was the original Mary Poppins on Broadway. Unbelievable show...

So, on the Wonder, when there was no Golden Mickeys, what was the replacement show? Susan Egan was on the Magic. I haven't seen what they did in the Wonder to make up for the missing Golden Mickeys.
On our first night they had a sample of the comedienne and the UK guys called Junk (they did comedy and beat on trash cans) and then a sample of Toy Story. Second night Toy Story, third night Comedy, fourth Junk and our last night was Dreams. (We skipped our third and fourth night.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter