Only Engaged Once, Let's Celebrate! Sept 2015 PTR Update 7.29

tash439

I dont know why it is not letting me quote you! Haha! And when I hit reply it doesn't show your name at all just my response, so strange!

But...
Thank you! I love that you feel the need to stop at the Disney Store just like I do too!
Hahaha! It's a must for me every time! You never know what you will find!

Day 1 plans sound great! We a planning on having a relaxed first day as well.

I can't wait to see Inside Out! We just haven't found the time!:hourglass

I agree with Kathy on using Vistaprint. I have used them for several things and have loved the way each item turned out. They also have very good sales!

Love the pictures! You guys are too cute!:love:

OMG!!! Your pictures are so gorgeous. I love every single one of them!!! Seriously!! I'm glad you got the flight you are comfortable with ---- a direct fly. Unfortunately, they don't offer any of those from Maine now. Your day one sounds about like ours -- just relaxing at the resort and going to DTD. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I swear I am not getting the alerts as I should be. :crazy:

Caught up. Hooray for another day. Hope the airline issue is all fixed now. How fun that you will have friends joining you for some of the trip! Your engagement photos are gorgeous! Day 1 looks great!

oh the pictures are fantastic! your all so cute!!! SO happy for you two!!!
YAY for midway. i know it's not easy for you but i wold rather wake up earlier and get to an airport then a forever layover!
Love your day one plans... relaxing on day one is a brilliant idea! think this may have to happen on one of our trips!

I'm jumping in from D~'s ptr. I've read everything and am now all caught up. You and your fiancé are just adorable! What a cute couple you make. Your engagement pics are beautiful! Makes it hard to pick the ones you want to use.

I love your enthusiasm for Disney and that your Sweetie has grown to love it as well. We stayed at POR many years ago and really loved it. Also, September is our favorite time of year to go due to the extremely low crowd levels. I think so far your plans are great. If you do have a chance to jump over to Wilderness Lodge, I think you'll like it. We stayed there one year and it was just so beautiful out there.

I'm glad you ended up getting better flights after all the hassle. Southwest is so good about working with you. We have used ME since it came into being and have never had a problem with it as far as getting our luggage. We usually pack a small carryon with a change of clothes and our immediate essentials so we can hit the parks asap. When we get back from the parks, our luggage is there and then I unpack. We rarely take a day off while we're there, but I like your idea of resort hopping your first day. Especially since you scored an extra day there!

I'm very excited to read more of your plans. My DH and I will be there September 2, but staying at Pop Century. It's our third trip on our APs, so we're getting our money's worth!

Hi Lauren- Ashleigh here. Following along this PTR after reading your TR from last year. I too, took my then boyfriend, now fiancé, to WDW but back in July/Aug 2013. It was his first time since he was about 10. Though he isn't a full on convert, we've done a trip to DL and have two trips to WDW coming up this fall and winter. He tries to play it cool, but was looking at pics of our resort for the January trip and menus for about 2 hours last night!

Great engagement photos- we need to get on that, oh- and setting a date! :rolleyes1

I think your first day plans are great- especially monorail resort hopping- keeping with tradition. I would highly recommend Trader Sams at the Poly- such great views!

Day 1 plans sound great! We a planning on having a relaxed first day as well.

I can't wait to see Inside Out! We just haven't found the time!:hourglass

I agree with Kathy on using Vistaprint. I have used them for several things and have loved the way each item turned out. They also have very good sales!

Love the pictures! You guys are too cute!:love:

I'm excited to have some relaxing time at the resort! Did you see Inside Out yet?

I've been checking Vistaprint out and wow they have great prices compared to the other wedding invite websites! I ordered a sample pack to see the different papers etc.

Thank you!! :)

OMG!!! Your pictures are so gorgeous. I love every single one of them!!! Seriously!! I'm glad you got the flight you are comfortable with ---- a direct fly. Unfortunately, they don't offer any of those from Maine now. Your day one sounds about like ours -- just relaxing at the resort and going to DTD. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I swear I am not getting the alerts as I should be. :crazy:

Thank you so much!!! That stinks that Maine doesn't offer direct flights!!! I believe you about not getting alerts- I barely get any since they upgraded the Dis!!

Caught up. Hooray for another day. Hope the airline issue is all fixed now. How fun that you will have friends joining you for some of the trip! Your engagement photos are gorgeous! Day 1 looks great!

Thank you!!

oh the pictures are fantastic! your all so cute!!! SO happy for you two!!!
YAY for midway. i know it's not easy for you but i wold rather wake up earlier and get to an airport then a forever layover!
Love your day one plans... relaxing on day one is a brilliant idea! think this may have to happen on one of our trips!

Thank you!!! I agree with you that I would rather get there and not have a layover!! I'm excited to just relax the first 2 days of our trip, but I also think I might get a little antsy to get to the parks!

I'm jumping in from D~'s ptr. I've read everything and am now all caught up. You and your fiancé are just adorable! What a cute couple you make. Your engagement pics are beautiful! Makes it hard to pick the ones you want to use.

Yay, glad you found my report! Thank you so much! :) It is hard to pick which pictures we want to put on our save the dates!

I love your enthusiasm for Disney and that your Sweetie has grown to love it as well. We stayed at POR many years ago and really loved it. Also, September is our favorite time of year to go due to the extremely low crowd levels. I think so far your plans are great. If you do have a chance to jump over to Wilderness Lodge, I think you'll like it. We stayed there one year and it was just so beautiful out there.

I'm so lucky he loves it as much as I do and it didn't take much convincing! Last September we had such low crowds I couldn't believe it. I definitely think we will make our way over to the Wilderness during our first 2 days since we aren't going to parks until day 3!

I'm glad you ended up getting better flights after all the hassle. Southwest is so good about working with you. We have used ME since it came into being and have never had a problem with it as far as getting our luggage. We usually pack a small carryon with a change of clothes and our immediate essentials so we can hit the parks asap. When we get back from the parks, our luggage is there and then I unpack. We rarely take a day off while we're there, but I like your idea of resort hopping your first day. Especially since you scored an extra day there!

I can't wait to relax! I think I will probably get antsy to go to the parks but will try not to!

I'm very excited to read more of your plans. My DH and I will be there September 2, but staying at Pop Century. It's our third trip on our APs, so we're getting our money's worth!

Will you be there long? You may be there the same time as us! That's great you have AP's and are using them!!

Hi Lauren- Ashleigh here. Following along this PTR after reading your TR from last year. I too, took my then boyfriend, now fiancé, to WDW but back in July/Aug 2013. It was his first time since he was about 10. Though he isn't a full on convert, we've done a trip to DL and have two trips to WDW coming up this fall and winter. He tries to play it cool, but was looking at pics of our resort for the January trip and menus for about 2 hours last night!

Congrats on the engagement!! that is awesome you have a similar situation! I really want to take Joe to DL! I went a bunch of times when I was younger but don't remember too much. I love how guys try to play it cool but they just can't because Disney is so great!!

Great engagement photos- we need to get on that, oh- and setting a date! :rolleyes1
Thank you! :) when are you thinking??

I think your first day plans are great- especially monorail resort hopping- keeping with tradition. I would highly recommend Trader Sams at the Poly- such great views!

Yes, I really want to try Trader Sams!

Hi everyone!

I haven't updated in a while because life has gotten kind of crazy. Besides the fun stuff like our Colorado trip we went on last week and the wedding planning...this summer has also been pretty stressful.

The company I work for recently "merged" with another large company but it is more of a takeover than a merger. The deal closed only 2 weeks ago and every day at work since has just been a struggle. There are so many changes happening and people getting laid off. The director in my group just told us yesterday that she got let go but is staying a few more months...but that we all should be prepared. I have been applying other places but it is just really sad because I love my job and the company (before the merger) so much :( I'm starting to get super nervous since our trip is right around the corner and there's a chance I won't be working. Joe said we're going either way and that if I don't have a job we'll just stay at Disney forever and work there. Haha, he is such a sweetheart trying to cheer me up. They also announced that they are moving us all downtown by the end of the year. This will for sure not work for me because I live so far North of the city and it would be about a 2 hour commute to work each way! So I've just been super stressed and not had a lot of time to catch up on the DIS!

I'm going to do an update about more of our plans today though & our Colorado trip!! :)

Sorry to hear about the job situation Lauren. A 2 hour commute would totally suck! My hubby has a one hour commute and he hates it. Me, I have a 1/2 mile commute and if I'm lucky, I can make it in a minute!! :laughing: Seriously. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I work for the government so all I really have to worry about is when the budget needs to be passed by the legislature. So far so good and it's been about 15 years for me. I'm glad Joe says you're going one way or the other. That's a good man right there! Looking forward to hearing about your Colorado trip. You must have made your fast pass choices by now, huh? Did you get everything you wanted? We did! Yay!!!

Ok so I think the last post I updated was right before fourth of July..

Happy belated 4th of July from Sophie!

I also have to show off my awesome 4th of July shirt :)

This is my friend Sam, who will be going to Disney the same week as us! Her and her boyfriend Ryan (who Joe has known forever) will be joining us on our Epcot & HS days! So I'm sure you'll see a lot of them in our trip report!

Joe & I both were sick over 4th of July so we didn't do anything too crazy & slept a lot...booo.

We had to get better because last Thursday we left for Colorado! One of Joe's highschool friends got married there on Friday so we spent Thursday-Sunday in Colorado. Neither one of us have been to Colorado before so it was so much fun and it's so pretty there!!

Here are some pictures from our trip:

We visited Red Rocks- it was awesome! A lot of work to get up there but it was worth it!

We went to Breckenridge & went up on these crazy Gondolas that scared me so much! Especially since on our way up it stopped for about 3 minutes and we were just hanging over a mountain.

We went up in the Mountains to Buffalo Bills grave site?! and an awesome view!

Pictures from the Wedding:

Joe's new tie clip :)

The photobooth of course had Minnie ears. I wore them the whole night..I told the photobooth guy I would give them back at the end of the night. When I gave them back he said he almost forgot I had them on because they looked so natural on me! hahahaha :rotfl:

It was a really fun trip! I was ready to come home that Sunday because we didn't get a ton of sleep over our few days there and I was ready to see the poodle girl! I promise a Disney update soon!!

Sorry to hear about the job situation Lauren. A 2 hour commute would totally suck! My hubby has a one hour commute and he hates it. Me, I have a 1/2 mile commute and if I'm lucky, I can make it in a minute!! :laughing: Seriously. Fortunately (or unfortunately) I work for the government so all I really have to worry about is when the budget needs to be passed by the legislature. So far so good and it's been about 15 years for me. I'm glad Joe says you're going one way or the other. That's a good man right there! Looking forward to hearing about your Colorado trip. You must have made your fast pass choices by now, huh? Did you get everything you wanted? We did! Yay!!!

Thanks Ann! Hopefully I can find a job closer to home and have a commute like yours! I agree that Joe is a good man, I'm more the worrier so I just keep thinking oh my gosh we shouldn't be spending this money!! Especially with our wedding around the corner! We'll see what happens!!

We did make our fast passes! Got everything we wanted and it went super smoothly! yay! I'm glad you got yours too!!

oh i hope the job thing works out for you...No one wants to go downtown to work.. NO ONE.
I hope you find something better!!

Your Colorado trip looked amazing. OH those Mountains!!! and being stuck.. Blah. But it does still look beautiful!

Good i hope you go to Disney and just stay there! then i will see you there!

I've been to Disney a few times without having a job, and it's definitely stressful, between worrying about spending too much and worrying about job searching (that's how it was for me at least), but it's still really nice to get away! Hopefully you'll be able to find a good job that's close to home soon and there will be nothing to worry about!

I love Sophie's 4th of July bandana ... and the super cute shirts that you and Sam wore! I like Joe's shirt a lot too ... it made me laugh.

Those Colorado pictures are amazing! It really looks like such a beautiful place to spend some time.

And of course you wore the Minnie ears all night ... I totally agree with the photobooth guy, they do look very natural on you!

Well I am finally caught up. Congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding!!!!!!

I'm sorry to hear about the job situation, I totally love my job too and I would be devastated if something like that happened. Oh and a 2 hour commute would not cut it. I did that for about 9 months years ago and then gave up the job because it was just so terrible to work all day and have all that driving on top of it.

We will be at POR in September too...counting down the days with you :)

I'm sorry about the job. I know it will work in your favor, one way or another.

Colorado looks like such fun!!

oh i hope the job thing works out for you...No one wants to go downtown to work.. NO ONE.
I hope you find something better!!

I will hopefully find a new job closer to me before we make the move downtown! If I lived in the city still, I would have loved it. But not so much now!

Your Colorado trip looked amazing. OH those Mountains!!! and being stuck.. Blah. But it does still look beautiful!

It was so beautiful, I would go back in a heart beat.

Good i hope you go to Disney and just stay there! then i will see you there!

Haha, I would love to just stay there!! Maybe when we retire...haha

I've been to Disney a few times without having a job, and it's definitely stressful, between worrying about spending too much and worrying about job searching (that's how it was for me at least), but it's still really nice to get away! Hopefully you'll be able to find a good job that's close to home soon and there will be nothing to worry about!

I am hoping I either get a new job right now or wait until I get back! Either way i know it will all work out in the end, it's just been stressful.

I love Sophie's 4th of July bandana ... and the super cute shirts that you and Sam wore! I like Joe's shirt a lot too ... it made me laugh.

Thanks! Joe is a goof..his shirt is ridiculous haha

Those Colorado pictures are amazing! It really looks like such a beautiful place to spend some time.

It really was so beautiful!

And of course you wore the Minnie ears all night ... I totally agree with the photobooth guy, they do look very natural on you!

Aww thanks! But really, it was such a great compliment! haha!

Well I am finally caught up. Congrats on the engagement and upcoming wedding!!!!!!

Thank you!!

I'm sorry to hear about the job situation, I totally love my job too and I would be devastated if something like that happened. Oh and a 2 hour commute would not cut it. I did that for about 9 months years ago and then gave up the job because it was just so terrible to work all day and have all that driving on top of it.

Yea its sad that this is going on here because everyone loved it! Everything happens for a reason though so I'm trusting I'll find something else i Love!

We will be at POR in September too...counting down the days with you :)
That is awesome! Will we be overlapping days at all?!?!

I'm sorry about the job. I know it will work in your favor, one way or another.

Colorado looks like such fun!!

Thank you :) I know it will too! Sometimes its hard to realize that though so it is good to hear.

Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the stree with the job...never fun. I hope you find something that works out for you. Is there even a train for you from where you are to Downtown? I know it takes me about 48 minutes on my train and that's an express which doesn't make all the "little" stops.

Fun pictures from Colorado. I've never been either (my youngest went once and climbed Pike's Peak).

Day 2- Another relaxing day

So even though our Day 1 we are having a relaxing day....we are doing it again on Day 2!

When making our plans for this trip we decided we wanted to try some new restaurants and do things a little differently than last trip. So on Day 2 we are going to "sleep in" which usually isn't very late. Then we're going to head to Old Key West and have breakfast at Olivia's for the first time!

If anyone has breakfast recommendations from there I would love to hear them!

Our reservation is at 10:20AM so after breakfast we will probably walk around and explore a bit and even head to Downtown Disney.

We don't have any other plans for during the day so we're just going to play it by ear. We might even go play mini golf!

After that we are going to get ready for dinner at the resort and take a bus to Epcot to walk to Beach Club. I think that is the easiest way to get there?!

We have a 6:50 dinner reservation for Beaches & Cream! Another new one! We also have never been around this resort area so we'll probably do some exploring and I think head over to the BoardWalk and we might go to the dueling piano bar Jelly Rolls!

Day 3- First Park Day of the trip!

On Monday, Labor Day, we are headed to the Magic Kingdom! I know it might not be advised to go there on Labor Day, but I have to go to MK first.

Here are our touring plans for the day! They're a little ambitious so we'll see how much we actually get done.

Yup- we are having lunch AND dinner at Be Our Guest! Joe LOVED lunch last time- I enjoyed it too but didn't feel like it was a must since we are doing dinner but since he wanted to we are. And Dinner I'm excited about just because we haven't done it yet. I can't decide between the steak or the sea food pastry...we'll see! I am praying the crowds aren't that bad since it is Labor Day, but oh well we have the entire day there so I am excited!

Lauren, I'm so sorry to hear about all of the stree with the job...never fun. I hope you find something that works out for you. Is there even a train for you from where you are to Downtown? I know it takes me about 48 minutes on my train and that's an express which doesn't make all the "little" stops.

Fun pictures from Colorado. I've never been either (my youngest went once and climbed Pike's Peak).

Hi Kathy! There is a train in a few of the surrounding towns, so it would be a 10/15 minute drive there. I should be able to find something before they move at the end of the year, I just hope to find something I love!

That's awesome he climbed Pike's Peak! We didn't do too much hiking, but I would love to go back and do more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter