Only Engaged Once, Let's Celebrate! Sept 2015 PTR Update 7.29

Just joining in on your report! Can't wait to hear more! and Congratulations on the engagement!
P.S. I am stalking Kohls hoping the LC collection will go on sale before September! It is too cute!::MinnieMo

Just joining in on your report! Can't wait to hear more! and Congratulations on the engagement!
P.S. I am stalking Kohls hoping the LC collection will go on sale before September! It is too cute!::MinnieMo

Yay Nice to have you! Thank you!!

When are you going in September? I'm with ya on stalking Kohls...I think by September it will have gone on sale, hopefully!!:goodvibes

When are you going in September? I'm with ya on stalking Kohls...I think by September it will have gone on sale, hopefully!!:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

We are going September 26-October 2 princess:

I'm slowly catching up.

First, your dog is just too darn cute for words and I love that Mommy got a Mother's Day gift. :)

That landscaping at your new home is gorgeous.

I like your plans. However, IF you decide to go with the plan of the resort hopping on first night (or the night of your going to Ohana for dinner), I strongly encourage you to go to Trader Sam's...either the inside bar or outside where they have live music.

As for the duplicate on the Magical Express, I'm guessing it was just an error on their part.

Hi! Just letting you know I enjoyed reading you previous TR, and excited to read your PTR, and maybe a TR???

Congrats on your engagement!! And on your house! Both are exciting things!

I love the ring you got from your doggie:) I too have to give those sort of "hints" or else I'll end up with a household item that I'm really not excited about at all. I should be thankful buuuutt, how often do I use a rolling pin? And I'd always wear a piece of jewelry.

I love POR, the busses can be a bit crowded bc it is such a large resort, but it's a beautiful resort. I've stayed in a preferred room, which was ok. I think I like the mansions better bc the themeing is prettier.

Can't read the rest of your plans!

I'm slowly catching up.

First, your dog is just too darn cute for words and I love that Mommy got a Mother's Day gift. :)
Thanks, she's the best!

That landscaping at your new home is gorgeous.
I know!! I can't take credit for it, it all just keeps showing up!

I like your plans. However, IF you decide to go with the plan of the resort hopping on first night (or the night of your going to Ohana for dinner), I strongly encourage you to go to Trader Sam's...either the inside bar or outside where they have live music. Yes, I want to go there for sure!!

As for the duplicate on the Magical Express, I'm guessing it was just an error on their part.

Hi! Just letting you know I enjoyed reading you previous TR, and excited to read your PTR, and maybe a TR???

Hi! Thank you! I will definitely do a TR when we get back!

Congrats on your engagement!! And on your house! Both are exciting things!

Thank you! It is a big year for us!

I love the ring you got from your doggie:) I too have to give those sort of "hints" or else I'll end up with a household item that I'm really not excited about at all. I should be thankful buuuutt, how often do I use a rolling pin? And I'd always wear a piece of jewelry.

Hahaha, I think its hilarious that you end up random household items! :rotfl:I always end up with way too expensive flowers delivered that die in a week. I know I shouldn't complain, but I think flowers delivered are just way too expensive for what ya get! I'm just trying to save the man some money. LOL

I love POR, the busses can be a bit crowded bc it is such a large resort, but it's a beautiful resort. I've stayed in a preferred room, which was ok. I think I like the mansions better bc the themeing is prettier.

I'm hoping we have a similar experience with buses as we did at CBR last year. Some days it was GREAT and then a couple times it was a little annoying but never anything terrible!

Can't read the rest of your plans!

Thanks for reading along! :goodvibes

I have so many things to tell you all! EVERYTHING IS CHANGING!

Ok, only 2 things (sort of)... let me explain.

Change 1:
Southwest came out with a sale and our flight to Orlando dropped around $30/person. So we got a credit back but it had to be used by April 29th next year. We're getting married in May so that doesn't really help us since we don't plan on flying anywhere after Disney. So that was that...but then I wake up Saturday and the first thing Joe says to me is...I think we should go to Disney a day early. The reason we were flying out Sunday instead of Saturday is that Milwaukee didn't really have any good Saturday flights & they were more $$ so we decided to do Sunday-Sunday. WELL now that we had this credit in our account...Joe found a flight that wouldn't be any more money but it is out of Midway (which is only a little further from our house than Milwaukee)...so Joe called and switched our flight to fly out of Midway but back to Milwaukee so we'll need his parents to drop us off. Then he called Disney and added a night to our trip and we are still at POR with Free Dining now for 8 nights/9 days! Woo Hoo!

Change 2:
One of Joe's good friends, Ryan texted Joe a few weeks ago saying he wanted to take his girlfriend, Sam to Disney and asked Joe how he booked his trip. Joe replied "I go through my travel agent Lauren". :rotfl:So after a week or so of texts back and forth with Ryan he finally booked their trip the the 5th-12th and are staying at CBR! I've been helping them plan there days and we decided we will do our Hollywood Studios day and our Epcot day together! :goodvibes Also, he surprised her after booking it and I just think that's the sweetest thing ever!

So now...combining our my Disney accounts is my newest thing to learn because we will be sharing a memory maker and have a couple of dining reservations together. If anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated! :thumbsup2

I think that is all that has changed so far! But now I need to re-work our plans a bit!! We're not adding any park days even though we are coming a day earlier, we want to just spend more time enjoying our resort and relaxing. :goodvibes

Sorry this is such a wordy post...I'll leave you with one picture I have from this weekend of Joe & I in our new Mickey PJS :) Don't mind my creepy feet.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for an added day. And I like that you are not going to a park. You can enjoy the resort and relax to start your touring the next day.

LOVE the PJ's.

We're tied. Let's go Hawks!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for an added day. And I like that you are not going to a park. You can enjoy the resort and relax to start your touring the next day.

LOVE the PJ's.

We're tied. Let's go Hawks!

We have the PJS on again watching the game!!!

Wo hoo :dancer: for extra days!!! We added a day to ours (many moons ago) but just for travel. I love that you guys will spend the extra time relaxing, that's something I'm still learning to do at WDW; we were an open to close every day of the trip family hen I was a kid, but now that I'm older, I'm tired!:sad2:

How fun that you will be spending time with friend this trip! With the MDE I'm still new to it. Sis and mama are on mine as family, but they control their own stuff. Our reservations are all linked and we can change each others plans. We aren't able to cancel each other's reservations though (like if sis reserved dinner I'm not able to cancel it). Not sure how it will work for FP...:confused3

Cute PJs! ::MickeyMo

Yay for an extra day!! We added a room only day to our trip too! We are now coming in on September 2nd and staying the night at POFQ...which I'm totally excited about...and then moving over to start our package at CBR from the 3rd thru the 13th! If you guys are at CBR any with your friends, hopefully we will run in to each other! Oh, and cute pajama pants!

I just love the plans! your doing a great job.. Ohhh I LOVE to help people plan their trips! SO FUN!

I have those PJ pants!!!

Just joining in! Congratulations on your engagement and new house! How exciting to be planning your wedding. How exciting to get a bonus day!:banana:
-Lindsey

Yay for an extra day! It's always awesome to have another day to just enjoy Disney!

I love the PJs - so cute!

Wo hoo :dancer: for extra days!!! We added a day to ours (many moons ago) but just for travel. I love that you guys will spend the extra time relaxing, that's something I'm still learning to do at WDW; we were an open to close every day of the trip family hen I was a kid, but now that I'm older, I'm tired!:sad2:

I love that dancing man! And last trip we really tried to take time to enjoy our resort..but I still feel like we are open to close type too! We just took advantage of our AK day to relax since the park closes early and then also we went to MK on a party night so we relaxed that day too. This trip will be al ot more relaxing then last year though since its 2 days longer! Last trip was a Monday-Sunday and this one is Saturday-Sunday! :dancer:(had to do it.)

How fun that you will be spending time with friend this trip! With the MDE I'm still new to it. Sis and mama are on mine as family, but they control their own stuff. Our reservations are all linked and we can change each others plans. We aren't able to cancel each other's reservations though (like if sis reserved dinner I'm not able to cancel it). Not sure how it will work for FP...:confused3

I can't believe we have friends going at the same time to be honest! Most of our friends think me & Joe are nuts for wanting to go back again a year later and how much we love it so I'm really excited! I think I figured it out with reservations and stuff like that because we're all linked and are only doing 2 ADR's together so we just added them to it. I wonder how FP will work too!

Cute PJs! ::MickeyMo

Thanks! I got mine at Walmart haha and Joe got his PJ pants at the Disney Store for $10!

Yay for an extra day!! We added a room only day to our trip too! We are now coming in on September 2nd and staying the night at POFQ...which I'm totally excited about...and then moving over to start our package at CBR from the 3rd thru the 13th! If you guys are at CBR any with your friends, hopefully we will run in to each other! Oh, and cute pajama pants!
Yay!!! That is super exciting! I doubt we'll go over to CBR with them, but hopefully we'll run into eachother somewhere else along the way! Dis Meet!

I just love the plans! your doing a great job.. Ohhh I LOVE to help people plan their trips! SO FUN!

I have those PJ pants!!!

Thank you!! I love helping people plan too! A manager at my work took her kids for the first time in May and I planned their entire trip and they loved it. Her youngest daughter apparently keeps talking about it and wanting to go back. :goodvibes HAHA I love that you have the same PJs!

Just joining in! Congratulations on your engagement and new house! How exciting to be planning your wedding. How exciting to get a bonus day!:banana:
-Lindsey

:welcome:Glad you are joining in! Thank you very much for the congratulations! It is going to be a really busy year, but at least we'll have a nice long Disney Vacation!

Yay for an extra day! It's always awesome to have another day to just enjoy Disney!

I love the PJs - so cute!
I'm so glad we did! It will be my longest vacation ever! (Except for when I studied abroad which I guess is sort of like a vacation!)

Yay!!! That is super exciting! I doubt we'll go over to CBR with them, but hopefully we'll run into eachother somewhere else along the way! Dis Meet!
Hopefully, we will be in the parks on some of the same days and could meet! We love meeting fellow Disers!

Today is a bit of a struggle at work as we were up late celebrating the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup!!! 3rd time in 6 years!! 2 years ago when they won we lived in Wrigleyville & it was just pure chaos! Definitely something I won't forget and glad to experience it once, but being home with our friends watching it was good for me last night!

DISNEY:
Yesterday we got some bad news regarding our trip that we're trying to figure out....Our flight home changed! We were supposed to leave Orlando around 6PM on Sunday the 13th and fly nonstop to Milwaukee. Apparently that flight totally changed and now its a 5PM flight to St Louis with a 3 HOUR LAYOVER before we take off and land in Milwaukee around 10PM! I didn't even realize Southwest could do that! I really do not want to have to deal with a layover on our way home, especially the night before work. Joe is going to try and call and see if we can get our flight switched to Midway (that is where were flying out of) and not have to pay more since they changed it on us, hope it works! He sent me a text this morning showing we could fly back Monday for even less money because of Southwest's sale going on right now...I couldn't believe he wanted to add another night to our trip! It's already 9 days...and we have a lot of expenses coming up in the next year (DUH JOE we have a wedding coming up!!!) so I don't think that would be the responsible choice!:rotfl:

Anyways...last weekend our friends came over so we could plan out what we will be doing together and made our reservations. I also made a bunch of things for them and put it in a cute Disney bag ( I forgot to take a picture!!) This is one of the things I printed out for them... Joe's friend is a packers fan so I figured he would really like the picture of Aaron Rodgers & Mickey It's hard to read but I listed out all of the Disney acronyms we use & useful tips and definitions. I also made them an itinerary!

We also stopped at the mall last weekend and of course we had to go to the Disney Store... and we also stopped at Hot Topic to see if they had any cute things..I need to still take pictures but we got a handful of shirts, pjs, and a Mickey & Minnie Christmas throw half off! It was their twice upon a year sale & it was the outlet so we got some good deals!

I also picked up 2 bows and a little pocket mirror at hot topic (also an outlet)- I have never worn bows in my hair but I am going to figure out how! haha!

I promise I will get to our daily plans soon!!

On Friday, Joe and I met our photographer and spent 2 hours at the Chicago Botanic Gardens taking pictures. He's only given us 7 of them so far as "teasers" but I can't wait to see the rest!! I thought I would share them with you all!

First, I had to take a selfie after Joe's cousin did my hair and make up! :goodvibes

Picture credit to: Lilly Photography

Hope you all have a great week! ::MinnieMo

WOOT WOOT! Andy (our oldest) said he could feel the vibration at his house from the United Center. What an exciting evening and so glad they finally did it on home ice!

Love Hot Topic and glad you got some good deals.

That was a cute idea for your friends with the gift bag.

I love the first bunch of your engagement pictures!

I hope you get the whole situation figured out with Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter