• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Only Engaged Once, Let's Celebrate! Sept 2015 PTR Update 7.29

I've been lurking the boards for awhile now and finally decided to make my first post! I read your last TR and I can't wait to read this one!

Sophie is just adorable! I can't wait to see what you guys think of POR! We love staying at CSR, but wanted to try something different this year. We were torn between POR and CBR, but after reading your last TR and looking at more pictures and videos online we decided to try out CBR! I'm very excited to see the new refurb rooms and can't wait to try it out.

Thanks- she is like a little human! I'm glad that my last TR helped you decided to visit CBR! We really loved it & the new rooms are great! Hopefully we will love POR as much & then you can try that one too! :)

You Tube is amazing isn't it? we do the same.. You tube EVERYTHING!!! So glad you were able to book, with Mickey mail not too far behind!!! :thumbsup2 We love Alligator Gardens!!! such a beautiful resort!!!

It is really a good thing, I watch Disney videos all the time! I'm glad you like it there too!

LOVE your weekend! 9 hours is a long drive but well worth it in the end! got to see Mom and now Sophie has a new BFF!!!

Very true that it was long but worth it! My moms Dog is a lab mixed with Great Dane so sort of like yours! He is definitley not as tall as a great dane though!

LOVE Joe's new shirt!!!
Thanks! I can't wait till he can wear it!!

I'm so glad Joe loved your first trip so much hat you're already getting to go back. I am taking my DH for the first time this August and I hope he becomes as engaged as your fiancé. It must be such a different experience having a planning partner this time!!!

Yay!! I really hope your husband loves it as much too!!

Yes, you can change the font color. It is the A with the underscore under it.

WOW I feel silly for missing that, haha! Thank you!

Cute pictures of the dogs swimming.

They loved the lake!

I love Joe's shirt (but then Mark has one too :) ).

That's great Mark has one!! Your anniversary trip shirts are too cute. I can't wait till Joe can wear this one!

I've never stayed at Riverside so I can't give you any advice on that.

Have you tried the new Trader Sam's at the Polynesian? They have appetizers and drinks, both inside and outside. Inside is really cool and outside has live entertainment.

I have not, but I heard it opened recently there- that would be a good idea for that night!

I've been lurking the boards for awhile now and finally decided to make my first post! I read your last TR and I can't wait to read this one!

Yay! Welcome! I'm glad you are following along & this is your first post!!

I love that you got your mom a Minnie shirt. So cute!

IMG_2059_zpsu36n5iql.jpg

So ... I'm very entertained by the juxtaposition of the Mickey Mail and the FedEx shirt (even though I'm guessing it came by regular mail and not FedEx). I'm guessing it wasn't intentional, but it's still funny.

I love that you got your mom a Minnie shirt. So cute!

So ... I'm very entertained by the juxtaposition of the Mickey Mail and the FedEx shirt (even though I'm guessing it came by regular mail and not FedEx). I'm guessing it wasn't intentional, but it's still funny.

HAHA! I didn't even think of that & no... it didn't come through FedEx, Joe works there! That is really funny & that I didn't even notice that!

Happy Friday!! ALSO- GUESS WHAT TODAY IS!

100 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!

Last PTR I posted what our plan was for each day in each post & I want to do that but I haven't got around to making our complete daily plans so ya'll have to wait a little longer.

Until then I'm doing some Disney Life Updates!

The first is what miss Sophie got me for mothers day!!! Yes, she is a dog but she is more like a little baby to me.

I had shown Joe this ring, it is Disney Pandora, and told him I really love this! It would be a great birthday gift (I have to be pretty obvious with my "hints" for what I want) but my birthday isn't till July. Well apparently Sophie surprised me and got me this ring for Mother's Day! I love it so much!

A few weekends ago we went to Kohls to check out the Lauren Conrad Minnie collection! I was so excited- but its real pricey...so I ended up getting a couple other shirts I found (not LC) and one of hers! Hopefully it will all go on super sale eventually so I can get more.

I wore this one on Memorial Day (even if we were just in a car driving home from Arkansas :) )

I'm going to wear this one on Fourth of July & most likely in Epcot too!

& this is the LC shirt I got, I loved it but it fits funny so I might return it.

We also recently found this super cute Mickey stepping stone at Walgreen's randomly! I love it! We wandered around our yard taking pictures the other night because the previous owners had so much landscaping done and SO many plants are coming up! I have never really gardened or know what any of this is so I need to learn, especially because in our backyard we have so many plants & some things I'm not sure if they are weeds or not!

I did plant the flowers in that Whiskey Barrel though!

Last night was our first kickball game- we have a team of 12 and it was so much fun! I'm SUPER UNathletic, but I still had a good time! We lost by only by 1 run. Joe & I used our wedding date for the number on our jerseys :)

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will try and get my day 1 plans in order to share next week!

Also- sorry in advance my picture are so big! I don't know why those are turning out bigger than the rest!

100 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!

YAY!!! :cheer2:

I had shown Joe this ring, it is Disney Pandora, and told him I really love this! It would be a great birthday gift (I have to be pretty obvious with my "hints" for what I want) but my birthday isn't till July. Well apparently Sophie surprised me and got me this ring for Mother's Day! I love it so much!

It's beautiful! Sophie did a great job picking out your gift (even if she and Joe did have a lot of help from your hints)!

A few weekends ago we went to Kohls to check out the Lauren Conrad Minnie collection! I was so excited- but its real pricey...so I ended up getting a couple other shirts I found (not LC) and one of hers! Hopefully it will all go on super sale eventually so I can get more.

I saw the collection a few weeks ago ... there's some nice stuff, but I also wasn't wild about the prices. I'm hoping for a sale soon!

Joe & I used our wedding date for the number on our jerseys :)

That's adorable! And I love that you guys play on a kickball team, that's so much fun.

100 DAYS TILL DISNEY!!

Woo hoo!!:woohoo: Almost in double digits!! Before you know it you guys will be packing and leaving!!

have to be pretty obvious with my "hints" for what I want

Men, they never get it.:confused3 I wish catalogue shopping was still a big thing cause then one could just leave the pages dog eared and the desired items circled, in bright red; they still probably wouldn't get it. :laughing:

I kid, it's a beautiful ring. I love the Pandora Disney stuff, the Alex and Ani ones are super cute too.

& this is the LC shirt I got, I loved it but it fits funny so I might return it.

Boo! It's such a cute print, and I like the little bows on the shoulder. I'm sorry it fits weird; I hate that.

We also recently found this super cute Mickey stepping stone at Walgreen's randomly! ... I have never really gardened or know what any of this is so I need to learn, especially because in our backyard we have so many plants & some things I'm not sure if they are weeds or not!

I love the stepping stone! It's so cute, and very subtle.::MickeyMo

I have a brown thumb so I won't advice on the gardening, I do however love to play in the garden at our house. I kill stuff on accident, but it's fun and relaxing!:flower3:

Joe & I used our wedding date for the number on our jerseys :)

You guys are getting hitched on my birthday!! I've been celebrating on May 14th for 30 years now, and let me tell you, it's a magical day! Plus, spring weddings are just the best! So happy for you two!:lovestruc

I hope everyone has a great weekend! I will try and get my day 1 plans in order to share next week!

Can't wait to see your dailies!:thumbsup2

The most exciting thing is seeing your countdown go from the triple digits to the double digits and then seeing it drop to the single digits! We are at 95 days today!:cool1:

Also, LOVE the ring! I have made a list of the Pandora Disney charms that I want for my bracelet, but didn't realize that they have the Disney rings...so cute!!:love:

Moseying on over from your TR which I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for sharing :-)

Looking forward to reading about all your plans for this year and congrats on the engagement :goodvibes

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more! Love the Mickey and Minnie shirt purchases from Kohl's! :-D

Congrats on your engagement! Super exciting! And what a way to celebrate! Just read your first TR and following along on this one! :D

Congrats on your engagement and free dining! I love all the shirts you have (I'm trying to convince my husband to wear the "My favorite Disney princess is my wife" shirt for our September Disneymoon!)

I. LOVE. EVERYTHING~!!! the house looks amazing! what an adorable ring!!!!! she did a great job!
Don't worry you'll get em next time!!!

The most exciting thing is seeing your countdown go from the triple digits to the double digits and then seeing it drop to the single digits! We are at 95 days today!:cool1:

Also, LOVE the ring! I have made a list of the Pandora Disney charms that I want for my bracelet, but didn't realize that they have the Disney rings...so cute!!:love:

That's so true, were at 97 days now and that doesn't seem as long at all!!

Thanks- I love the bracelets too, but I don't own a Pandora bracelet..maybe some day!

Moseying on over from your TR which I thoroughly enjoyed, thanks for sharing :-)

Looking forward to reading about all your plans for this year and congrats on the engagement :goodvibes

Hi! :welcome:Glad you are here and thank you very much!!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear more! Love the Mickey and Minnie shirt purchases from Kohl's! :-D

Congrats on your engagement! Super exciting! And what a way to celebrate! Just read your first TR and following along on this one! :D

:wave:Hello!! Glad you are here!

Congrats on your engagement and free dining! I love all the shirts you have (I'm trying to convince my husband to wear the "My favorite Disney princess is my wife" shirt for our September Disneymoon!)

Thank you very much! I love shopping for Disney shirts! That is awesome you are going there for your Disneymoon! We are still up in the air on what we are doing for our honeymoon. I think he should definitely wear that shirt!

I. LOVE. EVERYTHING~!!! the house looks amazing! what an adorable ring!!!!! she did a great job!
Don't worry you'll get em next time!!!
Thank you!!! Hopefully our game this week we'll win! :cheer2:

Day 1- Arrival Day!

OK so the plans for arrival day (as or right now) are to wake up super early, take really goofy "it's super early & we're going to Disney!" selfies before getting in our car & driving to Milwaukee. Last year we parked in their super saver parking lot and I think it was a whopping $10 for the week for our car. :thumbsup2

We will probably eat a little something either at home or on the way to the airport because last year there was NOTHING open at the Milwaukee airport to eat.

Our plane takes off at 7:35AM and lands at 11:20AM. We'll head over to baggage claim & grab our luggage and then head back to Magical Express! We didn't have ME take our luggage last year just because I was worried about it and wanted to have it right away. I think we'll probably do the same again this year because I want to be able to unpack & change when we get there.

Hopefully we will get to our resort by 1 maybe? We'll be hungry and I'm really excited to try out a new food court! Including the build your own pasta bar at POR!

We booked a garden view room and I called to request building 38. Why? I will tell you...and you can let me know if it makes sense!
I read that the main bus stop close to the food court, Riverside Mill, gets the busiest...so I figured that we would rather use a different bus stop than that one but we still wanted to be sort of close to the main buildings- so that led me to building 38. We will be close to the North Depot and also not too far of a walk (at least it doesn't look like it) to the main pool & food court!

Picture from portorleans.org

After we eat, we'll explore the resort and maybe go swimming if its nice! If it isn't nice out, I think we'll take the boat ride to DTD! I am very excited for this boatride!

Picture from portorleans.org

We don't have an ADR for this night...which may change if I think of somewhere I really want to go (that shouldn't be hard right?) So I have a couple different plans:

Plan 1:
Our first night last year we had dinner at Chef Mickeys, so we attempted to do a little monorail resort hopping before dinner. We ended up just staying at the Polynesian and drinking lapu lapus though! :rotfl:

So we might try to do that again, and just do appetizers and drinks at the different resorts and even add the Wilderness into the mix since we've never been there.

Plan 2:
Go to DTD for the night...eat somewhere there & look for some entertainment? (We'll be at DTD another night during our trip)

Plan 3:
Go to the Boardwalk! I have never been but I would love to check out the Piano Bar. This Plan just came to me as I was typing this post so now I need to go and research this!

I think we've been leaning towards Plan 1 because A. It's what we did last year and B. We at least get to SEE Magic Kingdom on our first day even if we don't go in. The only reason I am ok with NOT doing Plan 1 is because we have a LATE ADR at Ohana later in the week so we'll probably end up at Polynesian before then drinking lapu lapus. :thumbsup2

Arrival Day updated with Plan 1:

***********************************************************************************

Life updates:

Friday after work we got some more Mickey Mail! However- I have a question, has anyone else ever gotten 2 Magical Express Letters? The first came with the letter & map of the MCO airport and our 2 Luggage Tags...the second had a smaller piece of paper with some quick tips about the ME and 2 more Luggage Tags...? Very confusing.

Saturday we celebrated the Blackhawks going to the Stanley Cup Finals!!! Woo Hoo! :jumping1:

Sunday I went shopping with Joe's sister & cousin for outfits for our engagement pictures! Here is the dress I plan on wearing:

Then Joe's parents & his brother came over & we had a Sunday family dinner! It was so nice and I hope we do more of these! We got to talk a lot about wedding plans and it made me so excited!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday!

I think we've been leaning towards Plan 1 because A. It's what we did last year and B. We at least get to SEE Magic Kingdom on our first day even if we don't go in. The only reason I am ok with NOT doing Plan 1 is because we have a LATE ADR at Ohana later in the week so we'll probably end up at Polynesian before then drinking lapu lapus. :thumbsup2

If you're looking for opinions...
I think you can do Plan 1 but just skip the Lapu Lapu at Poly since you'll be back there later in the week.
(And you can totally do the same thing 2 years in a row - that's how traditions are born!)

Arrival Day updated with Plan 1:

I love this!

Friday after work we got some more Mickey Mail! However- I have a question, has anyone else ever gotten 2 Magical Express Letters? The first came with the letter & map of the MCO airport and our 2 Luggage Tags...the second had a smaller piece of paper with some quick tips about the ME and 2 more Luggage Tags...? Very confusing.

My parents had that when they went in January. I don't know why it happened. But it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

I love this dress!!!

Subscribing! Congrats on your engagement! A kickball team sounds like so much fun and your day 1 looks great!

I like your building selection plan; might have to nab that idea. :idea:

I think touring the monorail resorts sounds like such fun! We did a little of that in May and I loved it.

Weird that you guys got two ME letters. I'm paranoid so I'd probably call just to be sure they know it's only two of you. But maybe they just wanted you guys to have extra luggage tags!

The dress is beautiful. How nice that you guys are able to spend time with your families; that bond is important. I hope you guys are enjoying the wedding planning.:cake:

If you're looking for opinions...
I think you can do Plan 1 but just skip the Lapu Lapu at Poly since you'll be back there later in the week.
(And you can totally do the same thing 2 years in a row - that's how traditions are born!)

I should have said, HELP I NEED YOUR OPINIONS!!! :) haha but yes, that is true- I think we'll start a lot of traditions (or I guess continue them) based one what we did last year!

I love this!

Thank you!!!

My parents had that when they went in January. I don't know why it happened. But it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

Good to know! Since we probably won't use ME to take our bags, I'm not too worried about it.

I love this dress!!!

Thanks!!! Hopefully it looks good in pictures!

Subscribing! Congrats on your engagement! A kickball team sounds like so much fun and your day 1 looks great!
Hi Glad you are here!!! Thank you very much! It is fun- I just am so unathletic so I was a little nervous. This week will be even better I'm sure.

I like your building selection plan; might have to nab that idea. :idea:

Go right ahead! Then we really might run into eachother!

I think touring the monorail resorts sounds like such fun! We did a little of that in May and I loved it.

It is fun! I know we'll for sure do it either that night or another night during our trip!

Weird that you guys got two ME letters. I'm paranoid so I'd probably call just to be sure they know it's only two of you. But maybe they just wanted you guys to have extra luggage tags!

If we are going to end up letting ME take our luggage, I will definitely call but we might just pick up our luggage ourselves so I guess it wouldn't really matter. They just better let us on that bus!

The dress is beautiful. How nice that you guys are able to spend time with your families; that bond is important. I hope you guys are enjoying the wedding planning.:cake:

Thank you!! It is super important I agree! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter