Only 3 Pound Weight Gain? A DxDP Review upd 2/9 Yachtsman and Final Thoughts

ea75ae90.jpg

I bit the ears off first.

I made these this morning!:rotfl: Great start!

LOL. Thanks!

Yay (for us), you're back! And you ate at Yachtsman!! Looking forward to reading about that and all of the other delectable experiences!

What do you mean you only gained 3 pounds on the DxDP?! I have been celebrating some family milestones (anniversary, birthday) over the past 6 days, and I gained 5 pounds...at home! I'm scared what I am going to gain in Disney! Kudos to you on only 3!

You and Sweetie are adorable and your husband is a really wonderful, thoughtful guy!

Thanks a bunch!

I think I walked all of the weight off. But boy, did I put a little on the week after I got home!

Your's is the first review I've read of the Art of Animation's food court. Thanks for sharing.

Looking forward to hearing more...

Glad to help!

Great start canit wait for more :goodvibes

THanks, Hallie!

:welcome:

Joining in!:thumbsup2

:welcome:

loving the first review but keep checking back for more - where are you :(

Coming up. Been busy at work!

Great start to your reviews but would love some more please :flower3:

Coming up!

Looking forwarad to hearing more!! popcorn::

It's coming up!

Ah, vacation seems to be the best time to have dessert for a true meal. After we had dinner at AoA, we went over to the monorail resorts to visit for a while.

I've heard a lot about the cupcakes at the Contempo Cafe and I wanted to know if they could live up to the hype.

We had never eaten there before, but it was easy enough. We bypassed the little area to place the orders to go straight to the bakery counter.

I chose a lemon creme cupcake. This one intrigued me simply because it was the last one in the case. No other reason. Now, I love lemon flavored things, so it was not like it was an off the wall choice for me.

DSC_6933.jpg

The cupcake had a very nice surprise inside: a creme filling similar to a lemon doughnut filling. I loved it.

Sweetie got the red velvet cheesecake cupcake. This one we got to compare with the ones at Starring Rolls later on in the week.

DSC_6931.jpg

What a cute little half-buried Mickey in there!

And the inside of the cupcake:
DSC_6936.jpg

This cupcake was delicious, yet at the same time, extremely rich. I remember taking a taste of it and feeling as if I was on the verge of a toothache.

Our take on the cupcakes at Contempo Cafe?

In the end, to me they are not as good as the ones at Starring Rolls. I don't know why there seems to be such a big difference to me, but there is.

Our reviews:
Service: 3 (you know, I was not pleased at all with the castmembers there, and we ate there twice.)
Atmosphere: 4 It was nice to have the monorail running above our heads, but I feel like the food court just is not large enough.
Food Quality: 3
Value: 3 (sticker shock first day--after this we were on the DxDP, and I think it made for a little less shock.)
Overall: 3.25

This is the second review I have read that mentions the lemon cupcakes at Contempo Cafe. Just working out how I can get one on our last trip - may have to stop at the Contemporary en route to MK one day...

Wow! I am very impressed with your minimal weight gain! I look at food and it attaches to my rear! :rotfl2: You have some of our favorites for your dining review so I am looking forward to reading along!

BTW: what a very nice way to start your trip with a very special breakfast. :)

Okay, guys, I'm sorry I was MIA, but right now, I'm getting everything back together to finish off this report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!