Online Check In

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by alc571, Sep 27, 2012.

1. alc571

alc571 DIS Veteran

This is the first time I've ever used the online checkin system. I see others have had success and wanted to see if we will. I had a simple reservation request - mansion building at POR - however the only request it will let me make is for a pack n play??? Seems others have been able to make actual room requests. Is this because I booked with a TA, or because I'm Canadian?? lol

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Tpiejg

Tpiejg Mouseketeer

to make a room request you have to call reservations or fax them your request. I don't think you can do it online.

4. Questforthemouse

Questforthemouse Mouseketeer

This is correct. Many will call the hotel directly a few days prior to arrival AND requests are simply requests, they are not guarantees.

5. alc571

alc571 DIS Veteran

Apparently, the inability to make a room request online is specific to POR. You can check two boxes from a list of choices for various other resorts - ie. high floor, certain building area, etc. I had planned on faxing the resort next week anyway, but was just confused as to why others on Dis were able to make requests on their online checkin form and I wasn't.

6. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Pretty sure that you will get the same answers here as you are getting from your identical thread on the resorts board.

7. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

hhhmmmm.... I thought I put in ground floor on ours. I was at POR in July and we had requested the Mansions (Magnolia Bend) when we booked it, but then put ground floor when I did online check in. I think.... They're pretty accommodating. We had to change rooms due to water leaking and they did their very best to make sure we were in what we had requested.