Online Check In- Will It Void My Travel Insurance?

Abharmagic

DIS Veteran
Hello all-

Considering Online Check-In b/c we are driving in and expecting to be in earlier than 3 PM and are hoping (but not expecting) to get into our room a bit early. I have heard Online Check In is a good way to request this.

I am apprehensive about Online Check In. I bought Travel Insurance through Disney, but I am just scared that in the days leading up to our trip something may happen and make it necessary to cancel the trip (illness, death, car trouble... etc.. I am Irish, can you tell ;) ).

Anyhow- is Online Check In it? Have I then Checked In-- or am I "really" not checked in until I show up at the Online Check In desk and get my room key, etc?

HELP!!!

No, of course it won't void your trip insurance. It is not a formal check in. You still have to do that in person on arrival. All it does is give them a heads up on your expected arrival time so they can have your paperwork ready and waiting for you. It also will not guarantee that you can get into your room earlier. Really all it does is let you get into a separate check in line which may or may not be shorter than the regular line.

I really wish they would change the name to something else, so folks wouldn't be so confused about just what this is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts