online check in/reservation system still down?

I'm still getting the message that I didn't fill in all the yellow blanks...any one else still not successful a full day and a half later?

Yep, that is the same thing I have had for the past 2 days. I have tried on 4 different computers both at home and at work.

Nancy

OK, I called customer service regarding on-line check in. In a nutshell, he basically said that it won't be working for a while. I asked if I should give up on checking in online and he said "well....I can't really say that outright (laughing)".

While on hold, there was a message stating that online check in was being "enhanced" starting Oct 19 until the 20. I guess they didn't fix the problems the first time. Darn, I was really hoping to use this feature.

Well I had been trying to do online check-in since Thursday without luck (always getting a message about filling out all the yellow boxes...but of course that helpful message doesn't tell you which yellow box is missing, or that it has a problem with). :confused3

But, this morning I cracked the code and figured out what it was complaining about...hopefully this will help some of the rest of you out:

-I finally realized that where the "fill out all the yellow boxes" error was specifically showing up was in the section with my address.

-There is an edit button you can click and you'll see that all of the yellow boxes are in fact filled out (at least they were for me), but I went ahead and retyped everything in in a different way so that it would replace the information already there (i.e. they had my address in all caps and a phone number with no dashes, I re-entered everything with just the first letters capitalized and a phone number with dashes) - then saved that.

-Once I did that, I was able to complete the online check-in!! :banana:

I hope this "workaround" can help some of the rest of you out! :thumbsup2

:)

Well I had been trying to do online check-in since Thursday without luck (always getting a message about filling out all the yellow boxes...but of course that helpful message doesn't tell you which yellow box is missing, or that it has a problem with). :confused3

But, this morning I cracked the code and figured out what it was complaining about...hopefully this will help some of the rest of you out:

-I finally realized that where the "fill out all the yellow boxes" error was specifically showing up was in the section with my address.

-There is an edit button you can click and you'll see that all of the yellow boxes are in fact filled out (at least they were for me), but I went ahead and retyped everything in in a different way so that it would replace the information already there (i.e. they had my address in all caps and a phone number with no dashes, I re-entered everything with just the first letters capitalized and a phone number with dashes) - then saved that.

May I ask how you got this page? Everytime I get to the check in page, I get 4 yellow boxes to fill out- confirmation #, last name on reservation, specific resort and check-in date

Everytime I put in this information, it finds my reservation, but when I hit "start check-in" I always get "online check in is unavailable right now"

ETA: I use mydisneyreservation.com or the link on "My Disney Reservations"

May I ask how you got this page? Everytime I get to the check in page, I get 4 yellow boxes to fill out- confirmation #, last name on reservation, specific resort and check-in date

Everytime I put in this information, it finds my reservation, but when I hit "start check-in" I always get "online check in is unavailable right now"

I was going in a slightly different way because I rented points from a DVC member...see if you have any luck getting into online check-in through this link (it seems like you still could because it lists all of the Disney properties, not just DVC locations):

http://mydisneyreservation.com/dvc

Hope that helps!

Let me also add, I had not been having any problems pulling my res up (which is what it sounds like you are running up against)...my problem was completing the online check-in process without it grousing about those yellow boxes!!

I just tried this and it didn't work for me :confused3 I'll try again later.

I was going in a slightly different way because I rented points from a DVC member...see if you have any luck getting into online check-in through this link (it seems like you still could because it lists all of the Disney properties, not just DVC locations):

http://mydisneyreservation.com/dvc

Hope that helps!

Let me also add, I had not been having any problems pulling my res up (which is what it sounds like you are running up against)...my problem was completing the online check-in process without it grousing about those yellow boxes!!

Thanks for the response, but I am coming up with the same problem I wrote about previously. The system does find my reservation (which is all correct), but when I click on the "start online check in now" button, the next screen does not load fully with an error message next to the web address. I still did not get all the yellow boxes you are talking about. It must be because I have a room only reservation while your reservation is through the DVC. There must be some differences between the two.

Anyway, count yourself lucky!!

Thanks for the response, but I am coming up with the same problem I wrote about previously. The system does find my reservation (which is all correct), but when I click on the "start online check in now" button, the next screen does not load fully with an error message next to the web address. I still did not get all the yellow boxes you are talking about. It must be because I have a room only reservation while your reservation is through the DVC. There must be some differences between the two.

Anyway, count yourself lucky!!

Trust me I do! Sorry that that path didn't work for you either!

Have you tried a different web browser, like IE instead of Firefox? You might also you tried clearing out your cookies and cache in your browser and trying again.

OK, I called customer service regarding on-line check in. In a nutshell, he basically said that it won't be working for a while. I asked if I should give up on checking in online and he said "well....I can't really say that outright (laughing)".

While on hold, there was a message stating that online check in was being "enhanced" starting Oct 19 until the 20. I guess they didn't fix the problems the first time. Darn, I was really hoping to use this feature.

Thanks, that's good to know. Considering that on-line check in is a benefit rather than a necessity, it's not that big of a deal that it's not working. We've never had to spend too much time at check-in when we haven't used it, so I suppose it's not going make a huge difference this time either.

I'm just glad to know that I'm not completely computer illiterate in that I can't fill in a few simple yellow blanks! It's so nice to have this DIS forum even if I don't ever say much : )

Four days and counting...:woohoo:

I can get into my resort reservations, was able to pay off my balance, and can check my dining reservations as well. However, one of my dining reservations would not come up, so I called to check. The CM advised me that some people aren't seeing ANY dining reservations, so I feel pretty lucky that five of mine showed up.

Oh, and the one not showing IS in the system... so I'm good to go, and under 60 days to go!!! :banana:

Count me as one of those unable to see a single ADR. I'm 44 days to go.

Going in a week I hope they are still in the system I have the comfirmation numbers but can't retrieve anything to verify :confused:

It's up for me via Firefox... both hotel and dining reservations, and online check-in...

Tried that but didn't work for me.

What a pain in the butt.

Nancy

I can't do online check-in either. :headache:
You'd think of all websites that Disney's would work the best but nooooooooooooo.
They really need to do something about it. :rolleyes1

Just completed online check-in:worship:
It took two attempts to bring up confirmation page and ran pretty slow BUT I was able to get it done and received an email saying check-in complete.

:goodvibes only 3 days to go :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter