Online check in Pros and Cons?

USS Disney

Mouseketeer
Just wondering what the point of online check in is... Also is there a way to check in earlier than 3? Our flight arrives from hawaii at 6am so im gonna want a bed pretty fast after the long flight. :faint:

Just wondering what the point of online check in is... Also is there a way to check in earlier than 3? Our flight arrives from hawaii at 6am so im gonna want a bed pretty fast after the long flight. :faint:

Online check in was pretty easy for us last year. Everything was ready for us when we walked up to the desk. They handed us the folder, I signed some forms and we were on our way. My room requests were granted and everything.

If you are arriving very early, it is possible that a room won't be ready until closer to the hotel's check out time (around 11 am, I think), if it's a very busy time of year.

What day of the week are you arriving? Saturday and Sunday are busy check out/check in days and whenever I have arrived on either day, my room has not been ready until closer to 2pm. I will say that the more general your room requests are (or better yet - no room requests) - the more likely you will be to get into your room earlier.

Based on previous conversations I've had with CMs, I've been told that when rooms are assigned for those who have checked in online, they try to get them into rooms that will be ready based on their arrival time. Room requests are looked at secondary, if at all. So, if getting a room when you arrive or shortly after is more important, do online check-in. If you'd rather wait for your room type, do normal check-in.

Also, I believe computers roll over to the next day at 7am so that would be the earliest you could check-in.

What day of the week are you arriving? Saturday and Sunday are busy check out/check in days and whenever I have arrived on either day, my room has not been ready until closer to 2pm. I will say that the more general your room requests are (or better yet - no room requests) - the more likely you will be to get into your room earlier.

Based on previous conversations I've had with CMs, I've been told that when rooms are assigned for those who have checked in online, they try to get them into rooms that will be ready based on their arrival time. Room requests are looked at secondary, if at all. So, if getting a room when you arrive or shortly after is more important, do online check-in. If you'd rather wait for your room type, do normal check-in.

Also, I believe computers roll over to the next day at 7am so that would be the earliest you could check-in.

Great information. Thanks.

This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. :thumbsup2 7 more days til our first trip! :hourglass

(QUOTE This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. :thumbsup2 7 more days til our first trip!QUOTE)

So which is correct. I have rooms requests - daybed with 2 queens, full balcony. I would like to request more but am always afraid we won't get what we need which is the daybed (my husband likes the balcony:)) If you check in online and they mostly look for when you are checking why do they give you 5 rooms choices? Does it make more sense to check in online and put all those requests in? Has this worked for anyone?

If you check in online and they mostly look for when you are checking why do they give you 5 rooms choices? Does it make more sense to check in online and put all those requests in? Has this worked for anyone?

There is a click that tells them if you want A room that is ready for you more than you want a specific room type. That button is where you help them figure out what works best for you.

My last 2 trips, August & January I did on line check in. I had my room requests noted on my reservation, and both times got exactly what my requests were. Msybe I was lucky? Both times.
There weren't any of the options people are talking about here on my online check in form last Jan or Aug. maybe this is a new thing?

I had never used online check in until recently, and with my experiences with it, wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

This was very helpful. I completed online check-in and it allowed for 5 room choices - corner room, top floor, middle floor, ground floor and earliest available. :thumbsup2 7 more days til our first trip! :hourglass

Hope you are able to get into a room, but if you can't, you could always grab a lounge chair by the main pool, or one of the quiet pools to have a cat nap. In your carry on pack what you think you'll need for the day, change of clothes, bathing suit, flip flops, etc. by the main pool there are showers & change rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter