Online check-in.....or not?

Ashwen730

Earning My Ears
We are getting ready to head to Disney World May 27-June 2. We will be staying at Pop. My DH and I have been to Disney once on our honeymoon in 2004. This is our DDs (5) first trip! I have been reading the pros and cons of online check-in and I still can't decide if I want to do it or not! I have already put a location request on my reservation (I know it's not guaranteed.) Just wondering what other opinions of online check-in are. Am I missing any information by not doing regular check-in?

we have done it twice and have been checked in both times with in 10 mins. we haven't seen a down side to it, only possitive...

I would do it. Last year I went in June and did the online check in. I was in my room within 15 minutes of arriving. They had my room ready even though I arrived around noon. I thought I would have to ask them to store my bags until I could go to my room in the afternoon, but no need for that. I could go to my room, shower and go straight to MK! It was great.

I really think the online check in might have had something to do with it as they knew I was really coming and when I would be arriving.
I can't really think of any cons of doing the online check in, I would do it if I were you.

I stayed at Pop too, by the way.

I've stayed at least twice since online check-in has been there, Jan. 07 and April 09. We didn't use it either time, and were checked in in the same amount of time those saying they used online check-in were. And, each time, our room was ready when we got there (sometime just before noon, I think).

We are going back in 9 DAYS! YAY! And I am debating whether or not to do online check-in. I'm thinking I'll just stick with checking in when we get there. I don't really see the purpose to checking in online when you still have to wait for a CM (if there is a line) when you get to the resort anyway.

If anyone has any more information on why online check-in is good or that we should do it, please let me know!

Online check in has all of your information already entered before you get there,
It save the CM and you time. If the line at the desk is long, then all of the lines are long. If there is a long line at the online window, just go to any open CM, they have the same information - it's all the same computer system.

I can not see any reason not to use it. If you need to make a change in your room location, you were going to have to do that anyway. No time is saved by not checking in on line.

Now, checking in late at night as opposed to early in the day, thats another issue...

I think it's hit or miss - we didn't do it in March because I kept reading that the lines for on-line check in were longer. In my case, I'm glad I didn't do it. DH and I walked right up to check in off the ME bus, and everyone else on the bus staying at our resort, (about 7 or 8 families) all had to stand in the online check-in line. We had our room and were on our way while the on-line line had only processed maybe 2 or 3 families.

Online check in has all of your information already entered before you get there,
It save the CM and you time. If the line at the desk is long, then all of the lines are long. If there is a long line at the online window, just go to any open CM, they have the same information - it's all the same computer system.

I can not see any reason not to use it. If you need to make a change in your room location, you were going to have to do that anyway. No time is saved by not checking in on line.

Now, checking in late at night as opposed to early in the day, thats another issue...

Please tell me issue with checking in late? We have never done it but this year we had no choice and will be checking in to Pop around midnight.......

not sure what troubles may have been had at late night check in but our last trip we checked in about 1 am and had no troubles. not to mention the 2 little ones that were with us ended up with a major stash of goodies from the cast members. {stickers, balloons, stuffed animals, coloring pages crayons and more} like i said in previous post we had nothing but good things happen. when i said ten minutes i also meant we were in our rooms in that amount of time...

not sure what troubles may have been had at late night check in but our last trip we checked in about 1 am and had no troubles. not to mention the 2 little ones that were with us ended up with a major stash of goodies from the cast members. {stickers, balloons, stuffed animals, coloring pages crayons and more} like i said in previous post we had nothing but good things happen. when i said ten minutes i also meant we were in our rooms in that amount of time...

Thanks......:goodvibes feel better now...our flight doesnt land until 11:30 PM! By the time we get ME etc it will be late....

I would use on line check in. IF the line to OL check in is long, you CAN go to the other line! I have found it much faster to use OL check in.

I'm wondering the same thing as the previous poster- if you have a room request already noted on your reservation, is there a downside to doing online check-in? I understand that room assignments are done via computer now, but it would seem to me that if you did online check-in and didn't end up with the room location you requested, you could always just ask the CM if there's anything available where you requested...just like you would do if you hadn't done online checking. Is this not the case?

Since online check-in and room requests have nothing to do with each other, one does not effect the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter