Online Check-in - Does this work for anyone?

Tina

Tagless and bitter about it
I've been trying to check in online for well over a week now and the site just doesn't work.

In going through the new site, I can't get past the 1st page. The site bombs when I click NEXT.

In going through the old site, I can't enter any room requests. There's a box there, but nowhere to type requests.

I've tried in both IE and Firefox. Is this just me? What's the secret to accomplishing this task?

I did on-line check in a few days ago and it worked fine. I use Firefox. I even put in my room requests. There are boxes to check and no place to actually type something. You can only check 2 boxes.

Interesting. I could not see any boxes to check. Just a couple of lines of text telling me I could enter no more than 2 requests.

If you have room requests that will make or break your vacation, you probably shouldn't do online check in at all. You should check in at the front desk where the CM can find the room in available inventory that best meets your needs.

Otherwise, you need to have your room requests already on your reservation. There really isn't anywhere to enter them during the online check in process. Some resorts do have limited "request" check boxes for things like ground floor or close transportation, but you can not add or modify the check boxes, and not all resorts have the same ones (sometimes all I am offered is a check box for a pack and play). It may be that the resort you are staying in does not offer any "request" boxes to check - that has happened to me too.

For my last trip, I had to keep trying right up until the day before to do the online check in. I had almost given up at that point, but the day before it finally went through on the new site.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't actually have any room requests, except maybe asking for a top floor room (not a deal-breaker). It would be nice if I could actually see the options for my resort or the site would actually function correctly. My question was actually about the functionality of the site, not room requests. But it seems it does work for some people and not for others.

Thanks for the suggestions, but I don't actually have any room requests, except maybe asking for a top floor room (not a deal-breaker). It would be nice if I could actually see the options for my resort or the site would actually function correctly. My question was actually about the functionality of the site, not room requests. But it seems it does work for some people and not for others.

There really are not that many choices- maybe 1 or 2 and one was whether or not you want a pack n play. At least that's the way it was last time I booked. It's a another reason I make any requests when I book on the phone and then I don't do online so that I can ask the CM at check in if my requests were granted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter