Online check-in and connecting/adjacent rooms under different reservation numbers

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by MFfan310, Sep 3, 2012.

1. MFfan310

MFfan310 Earning My Ears

Just 23 days to go until our trip to Disney, but I still have one really important question.

We have to have connecting and/or adjacent rooms because some members of our group are autistic and may need supervision. Our two rooms were made under 2 separate reservations numbers (one for each room), though Delta Vacations (which is who we booked our WDW vacation through) made a request to Disney for connecting/adjacent rooms. I was wondering if we can do online check-in and ensure that we can get them... particularly, what information we would have to enter in the room requests section (reservation number for other room, etc.)

Has anyone else done this process before?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Missytara

Missytara I'm all ears!

You cannot make requests such as connecting/adjacent rooms on online check-in.

I suggest not doing online check-in if you have specific requests. The idea of online is to indicate a time of arrival and they give you the rooms available in inventory and your cards are already made up.

Best to tell the CM when you arrive you do not mind waiting for rooms per your request. It has worked for me everytime. Also make sure your ressies are "linked." That is the b est you can do.

4. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

I'm afraid there is no way to ensure you get connecting rooms ahead of time. If you have it noted on your reservation, that is the best you can do.

If you are not assigned connecting rooms at check in, explain your situation as nicely as possible, and tell them you are prepared to wait for rooms that connect.

But I have to be honest, Disney states connecting rooms are a request only and not guaranteed. Though I would hope for people who truly need them as you do, they would do whatever they can to see you get them.

5. hfuellgraf

hfuellgraf DisneyMOM

I would call the resort directly now, to explain your situation, I sure they would be happy to accomodate your request. Have your check in dates and confirmation numbers ready. I would call again 1 day before check in to confirm. :thumbsup2

6. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

The OP can't call, as the travel agent owns the reservation. And all you would get is the call center anyway. Their travel agent already has the request for connecting rooms noted on their reservation. That is all you can do.

Anyway, even if they could call, it wouldn't really help. Nothing about your room is set in stone until you are standing in it. Up until that point, it is considered up for grabs. The people you speak with on the phone have nothing to do with room assignments.

Even so, I'm sure Disney will do their best to meet the OP's request for connecting rooms.

7. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Ask your travel agent to note "traveling with" on the two reservations so they can try to keep them together.

8. scrapper2k

scrapper2k Mouseketeer

See if you can link the reservations online. At check in, you will almost for sure be accommodated unless you show up at midnight during a crowded time.