Online ADRs Thread (Updated FAQ 9/9/9)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. I booked with a TA for November but I will wait and see what happens over the next few weeks and ask my TA about it. it doesn't make sense to use a TA and not be able to use online bookingQ

If that's the case, I may cancel with my TA and just rebook through Disney. I'd hate to have to redo my dining plans because I wasn't able to book in time.

Why not just have your TA do it or call in? I have done many, many, many, many bookings for people using the online dining system or calling in for things not available online like Fantasmic.

Speak with your TA and see what they normally do about dining reservations.

We are going Sept 12th-23rd and I was able to book the 13th and 14th online today.:goodvibes However, since my ressie number hasn't worked online since I booked it back in April (Disney says they are aware of the problem and are working on it) I can't book past 90 days. :confused: Luckily I'm not trying for any of the hard to get ones but I would like to get them all taken care of.

I did do 2 by calling on Sunday, the 14th (my 90 mark) and I got ones for 9-19 and 9-22 (celebrating 2 birthdays!). But I wasn't able to book 9-24 (past 10 days). I did point out to the very nice CM who helped me that while I was on hold the recording stated that if you are a Disney resort guest you can book all your dining reservations once you've reached 90 days. No mention of the 10 day limit. She said she would definitely pass this info on. I tried to book the 24th yesterday and was told both times I called that the system was down. Now I know why, they were converting over to online!

Why not just have your TA do it or call in? I have done many, many, many, many bookings for people using the online dining system or calling in for things not available online like Fantasmic. I am usually booking the dining online way before WDW is even open in the mornings.

I don't see how it's fair that travel agents have any access to reservations before everyone else. Being DVC, we don't have any need to use a travel agent, so why wouldn't dining reservations be on a level playing field??? I see this whole online system being very problematic for people, particularly DVC (seeing as how people can't even use a DVC reservation number so far!)

Woo hoo! Just booked breakfast at Play 'n Dine for Aug 30th @ 8 am! LOOOVE the system, easy to use and I love getting the email confirmation. This is awesome! :cool1:

Why not just have your TA do it or call in? I have done many, many, many, many bookings for people using the online dining system or calling in for things not available online like Fantasmic. I am usually booking the dining online way before WDW is even open in the mornings.

I think the concern is that now people will probably be able to start booking things when the new date rolls over for ADRs online, and those of us who use TAs will have to wait until they get in the office to book them. Maybe at 7AM if they're dedicated, but very few TAs would get up at 3 AM to book dining for people.

If you make a dining reservation 90+10 days out, is the Dining reservation number tied to that vacation or does it stand alone?

I can see people making a real 5 day vacation and a fake 10 day vacation with the same arrival date to make reservations 100 days out, and then cancelling that 10 day vacation a few days later, but keeping the dining reservation.

I don't see how it's fair that travel agents have any access to reservations before everyone else. Being DVC, we don't have any need to use a travel agent, so why wouldn't dining reservations be on a level playing field??? I see this whole online system being very problematic for people, particularly DVC (seeing as how people can't even use a DVC reservation number so far!)

The reason they had access to it before everyone was so they could test it and get the bugs out of the system before it was opened to everyone.

I think the concern is that now people will probably be able to start booking things when the new date rolls over for ADRs online, and those of us who use TAs will have to wait until they get in the office to book them. Maybe at 7AM if they're dedicated, but very few TAs would get up at 3 AM to book dining for people.

Exactly! I am just sick over this. I have 17 reservations to make for our trip and this just upsets me so. I might book with Disney and cancel with my TA if needed but I do not want to do that because she has already worked hard for me!

I was worried about not being able to make a reservation if we were not at a Disney resort, but I just ignored the log in and reservation link and it took me to where I could enter my name and contact info. Did not finish since we are not going until November, but is really easy!
Odd thing, I typed in Boma and nothing came up on the search engine. Had to click on the All Restaurants and then look for it in the list.

That is what I am dealing with, being on the West Coast my TA would have to make them at 3... Pretty sure that one is not going to happen...

Which is why it should be 7:00 AM for everyone...travel agents, online, and phone.

I was replying to the person that was saying that she may cancel with her TA because she can't pull up her room reservation to book her 90+10

With the online booking for dining that is now open to everyone everyone will have the same options as travel agents. I don't know how the DVC reservations are working so can't help there.

The person that is booked through a TA is not a mind reader and cannot know what their TA will or will not do for them if they don't ask the questions directly.

Which is why it should be 7:00 AM for everyone...travel agents, online, and phone.

I totally agree with you here as it should be the same. A cm on this board noted the other day that the online booking will be available at 6am or was for the cm option of booking for themselves.

The reason they had access to it before everyone was so they could test it and get the bugs out of the system before it was opened to everyone.

That's not what I mean...there have been reports that travel agents have been able to get into the system earlier in the day than people could call in. Whether that's true or not, or whether I've (and a lot of other people) have been misunderstanding, I don't know.

Something is going to have to be done to address the fact that DVC ressie #'s don't seem to work in the system.

My wife is currently talking to Member Services to see if they offer any sort of solution. I'm thinking not, but it's something that TA's couldn't test...and it creates (assuming the 3AM roll over time from the TA test stays put) an unlevel playing field.

Something is going to have to be done to address the fact that DVC ressie #'s don't seem to work in the system.

My wife is currently talking to Member Services to see if they offer any sort of solution. I'm thinking not, but it's something that TA's couldn't test...and it creates (assuming the 3AM roll over time from the TA test stays put) an unlevel playing field.

Here's hoping...

OMG,OMG, OMG. It's finally ready! Just in time for me to make my ADRs next week. Good luck to everyone who's using the online system now and PLEASE let us all know how it's working for you.

There are some very dedicated TA's I am one of them that does get up extra early to book the dining and then go back to bed. The person that is booked through a TA is not a mind reader and cannot know what their TA will or will not do for them if they don't ask the questions directly.

I agree that there are "some," but the reality is that they are few are far between. You are correct in that it is worth asking to find out what their process is, esp. now with the use of the online booking, but I think in the majority of cases people are not going to be happy with the response they get from their TA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter