Onion Rings and changes in DDP

chinarider

DIS Veteran
Any thoughts on where we can swap out Onion Rings for a desert or side with new changes on plan? thanks

Probably Good's Food to Go at Old Key West for QS, but that's pretty off the beaten path for most... For TS, it would have to be a place that has them like Beaches & Cream, but no guarantees on whether onion rings would be a substitution option.

The biggest question will be whether you can substitute the onion rings at Flame Tree as your dessert, since they have never previously been available to guests on the dining plan as either sides or snacks.

TS will only allow you to substitute specific items for dessert - Disney lists a side salad, a cup of soup or a fruit plate - they won't let you pick just any side off the menu like it appears you may be able to do at QS. So it would completely depend on what each restaurant offered. I've only seen a report from the Wave and they offered either a side salad or a side dish of green beans and mushrooms - the reviewer didn't say anything about soup.

Now that Flame Tree has reopened, I see that onion rings are shown as a snack credit. Would love a report if anyone goes and asks about swapping them for drink or dessert on the plan!

Now that Flame Tree has reopened, I see that onion rings are shown as a snack credit. Would love a report if anyone goes and asks about swapping them for drink or dessert on the plan!
Haven't seen anyone actually do it but Josh's recent post at easywdw indicated that you can swap onion rings for a dessert at Flame Tree.

Haven't seen anyone actually do it but Josh's recent post at easywdw indicated that you can swap onion rings for a dessert at Flame Tree.
Thanks! I saw that, but he wasn't using the dining plan...I didn't know if he assumes you can or if he actually saw someone do this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter