One treat from each country, what do you get?

smhwalker2011

WDW Addict
If you could get one treat in each of the pavilions, what would it be? going on a trip with my girls & they're really into trying different sweets & treats from other countries. so I thought it would be cool to have a list of MUST TRY's!

Mexico:
Norway:
China:
Germany:
Italy:
U.S.A:
Japan:
Morocco:
France:
United Kingdom:
Canada:

I'm not sure what time of year you're going, so I made a list of things I know are available regardless of festivals! :)

Mexico: As standard as it sounds, I love the churros with dipping sauces they have. Yummy.
Norway: School bread from Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe for sure!
China: As weird as it may sound, the strawberry red bean ice cream from the Joy of Tea is pretty delicious.
Germany: I love anything from Karamell-Küche, but a big favorite in my party is the fresh made popcorn or caramel brownie.
Italy: I feel like I don't usually stop in Italy for treats, but I do recall seeing gelato there!
USA: I don't usually get anything from this pavilion myself, although I've heard from friends the giant funnel cakes are amazing.
Japan: Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't, but I love the mochi ice cream from the little shop outside Mitsukoshi!
Morocco: Same as Italy, I don't really recall getting sweets here, although dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh was one of my favorite meals on my last trip and the dessert I got there (Bastilla, yum!!!) was really good.
France: I can't go by France without stopping at L'Artisan des Glaces for a chocolate ice cream macaron. They've become a must have every trip!
United Kingdom: Again, same as Italy, I don't really stop here for treats.
Canada: Same as UK.

For the countries that don't have as many sweets available in carts, the shops are always likely to sell treats from the countries they represent. Japan is stocked with Pocky, and I remember the joy on my dad's face when he found HIT cookies in Germany (they were his favorite as a kid when his dad was stationed there). Hope this gives you some ideas!

Mexico: churro
Norway: troll horn
China: caramel ginger ice cream
Germany: anything from the Karamelle Kuche
Italy: Gelato
U.S.A: funnel cake
Japan: kakigori
Morocco: baklavah
France: chocolate crepe
United Kingdom: cadbury chocolate bars
Canada: maple candy

Mexico: avocado margarita
Norway: school bread
China: red bean ice cream from the tea cart
Germany: caramel corn, especially if they have it fresh
Italy: gelato
USA: funnel cake
Japan: the little bags of gummies from the merchandise shop, especially the apple ones
Morocco: baklava
France: crepe with sugar and lemon OR the cheese plate from the patisserie
UK: something from the chocolate shop
Canada: I don't think I've ever gotten food from here!

Mexico:
Norway: School Bread!!
China:
Germany:
U.S.A: Funnel Cake
Japan:
Morocco:
France: Grand Marnier Slush (adult only)
United Kingdom: Black Velvet (adult only)
Canada:

If Canada had poutine I would get that in a heartbeat.

The others I've never had a desire to get anything from.

edited to remove the stupid typo my Surface put in

Last edited:
Norway: Verdens Beste
China: Tea from Joy of Tea.
Germany: the FRESH caramel corn from Karamell-Kuche
Italy: Tiramisu
U.S.A: Funnel cake with ice cream and apples.
Japan: Little candies from the gift shop. Grape ones!
Morocco: Baklava. Or if you're hungry the Shawarma. I wanted it last time but it never worked out!
France: Creme Brulee if you have to go. Not impressed with their treats.
United Kingdom: Sticky Toffee Pudding if you're in R&C. If not, any little goodies from Twinings shop!
Canada: I have no idea. We used to get fried dough years ago but they no longer have that. Maple candy?

This was our plan last trip. One snack from each country. We made it to USA and Norway and were too full! Never start with the loaded funnel cake, LOL!

Soylent Green isn't on the menu this year.

Not a clue what that is.

I happen to love poutine. And I said IF. People wish all kinds of things on this board - I'm certainly entitled to wish they'd do a poutine cart. It's more Canadian than popcorn anyway.

These would be my choices...
Mexico: Churro (La Cantina - be sure to eat it when it's hot; it doesn't taste very good if it gets cold)
Norway: Cloudberry Horn (Kringla)
China: Caramel Ginger Ice Cream (Lotus Blossom Cafe)
Germany: Caramel Corn (Karamel Kuche)
Italy: Arancini (Via Napoli - this is not a snack per se, it's an appetizer at the restaurant)
U.S.A: Funnel Cake (Funnel Cake Stand)
France: Cafe au Lait Mousse (Les Halles)
United Kingdom: Sticky Toffee Pudding (Rose & Crown - this is not a snack per se, it's a dessert at the restaurant)
Canada: Maple Sugar Candy (they also have popcorn)

Relax and untwist. My comment was on your typo of "people poutine". Google Soylent Green. It's People!

Sorry. I'm beginning to hate my Surface.

As for *that* - I don't do Sci-Fi. Icky stuff IMHO. :)

Sorry. I'm beginning to hate my Surface.

As for *that* - I don't do Sci-Fi. Icky stuff IMHO.
I'm glad you said it was a typo, I too was wondering why you wanted to eat people covered with fries, cheese and gravy! :crazy2:

Perfect timing for this question - I was going to ask the same thing! We are 'drinking around the world' but I really want to try some of the treats, too. Caramel brownies sound great. I have heard about the school bread, too. What is the best ice cream?

Perfect timing for this question - I was going to ask the same thing! We are 'drinking around the world' but I really want to try some of the treats, too. Caramel brownies sound great. I have heard about the school bread, too. What is the best ice cream?

Do you like to experiment with flavors? Both of the ice creams in China are delicious, but may not be your thing if you're a picky eater! :)

Mexico: my kids want to try churros with caramel sauce. I'm getting a margarita
Norway: school bread and/or cream horn
China: tispey Ducks in love (drink)
Germany: Candy
U.S.A: funnel cakes
Morocco: I want to try the shwarama platter
France: brioche ice cream sandwich

SInce Germany got rid of my favorite I kind of nix them now...couldnt believe they got rid of caramel and chocolate pretzel rods.

Mexico: want to try the churros
Norway: there's a chocolate bar that has "bubbles" in it that's really good, can't remember the name
China: haven't discovered anything yet
Germany: Chocolate covered strawberries & chocolate covered caramel square with salt
Italy: Wine
U.S.A:
Japan: my DH loves the snow balls, they called something else there, I buy gummies in the store
Morocco: plan to try the baklava on next trip
France: Caramel ice cream, mmmm & the Grey Goose slushie
United Kingdom: tea
Canada: maple candies

Mexico:
Norway: School Bread!!
China:
Germany:
U.S.A: Funnel Cake
Japan:
Morocco:
France: Grand Marnier Slush (adult only)
United Kingdom: Black Velvet (adult only)
Canada:

If Canada had poutine I would get that in a heartbeat.

The others I've never had a desire to get anything from.

edited to remove the stupid typo my Surface put in

Canada should SO have poutine. I'm shocked they don't - it seems like such a no-brainer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter