One thing you MUST take on a Cruise???

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Kari R, Aug 20, 2008.

1. Kari R

Kari R Earning My Ears

What is the ONE thing you have to take on every cruise with you?? The one thing that you couldn't have lived without??

We have a 7 day cruise planned for the end of September and are trying to our ducks in a row!! :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. alwayslisad

alwayslisad DIS Veteran

The cost of meds on the ship is crazy - so I was very glad to have advil / pepcid / dramamine and sun screen all from home - some people were having to buy these in the stores and were SHOCKED at the cost.....

as for what ONE thing I must bring on the Cruise - my alarm clock

4. castlegazer

castlegazer <font color=9933cc>Soccer Mom - no really, I am a

Bathing suit.

5. jnadelman

jnadelman DIS Veteran

Passport and credit card. With those you can buy anything you forget and you can get back into the country.

6. NancyIL

NancyIL DIS Veteran

Exactly my thoughts! The things you might have to buy could cost a lot, but at least you'll be able to buy them.

7. plutojudy

plutojudy When you wish upon a star.....

My husband!

8. jnadelman

jnadelman DIS Veteran

Funny you say that. I was initially going to say not to forget the kids. But then I thought, cool, going on a Disney without the kids. Now that's a vacation!

9. nzdisneymom

nzdisneymom DIS Veteran

Comfortable shoes.

10. TheDisneyGirl02

TheDisneyGirl02 <font color=navy>I found my Disney Prince!<br><fon

Are you sailing on September 27 on the Magic? If so, come and join our Double Dip Delight group on the Cruise Meets thread! We're a fun bunch!
    http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1874387

This is my first Disney Cruise so I'm interested in people's answers also. :)

11. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

Various SPF sunscreens, hats or visors, eyeglass/sunglass strap (although you CAN get those on CC), extra batteries for cameras etc. (VERY expensive on the ship), nightlight (Target 99 cents), battery operated digital alarm clock ($3.99 at Target), assortment of meds, var. sizes of ziplock bags, pack of clorox wipes to wipe out the drawers before using them, a good book, dramamine (just in case) and an extra duffle bag to use on the way home for either souvies or dirty laundry!

12. HoosierFrog

HoosierFrog Mouseketeer

The one item I've seen others mention (and regret when they didn't bring it) was the over the door shoe organizer.

13. Anal Annie

Anal Annie at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it

We took one this time...used it on one of the bathroom doors. It came in handy I guess...not sure I would call it a necessity tho...I really only put sunscreens & lotions in it...:confused3 Everything else fit into the bathrooms on the shelves or stayed in the shower/tub...

14. TanaL

TanaL DIS Veteran

camera & camcorder - there are so many great photo ops.

15. drag n' fly

drag n' fly Bucket list alert!!...Rode the Lilly Belle and din

Trip Insurance:thumbsup2

16. jnadelman

jnadelman DIS Veteran

If you bring a digital camera, don't for the battery charger, and possibly an extra memory card if you fill up or lose the first one.

17. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Some thoughts....make a xerox copy of the first page of your passport (you can get 4 people's on one page) and put it in a safe place. In an emergency, it helps to replace a lost or stolen passport.

Do try to bring sunscreen, advil, sunglasses, visor or hat. The gift shops have limited quantities and limited varieties at high prices. We didn't need an alarm clock--the ship has an easy to use wake up call system...and MICKEY calls you!

The shoe holder is a great idea--we put cameras, sunscreen, etc. in ours--all the stuff that was used by multiple people! An extra memory card for the camera. Comfy shoes.....an extra swimsuit....quart size ziplock bags. One bigger bag to hold any wet swimsuits that have to be packed on the last day.

I have a piece of luggage by Totes....it folds up to literally the size of a 6X8 inch mailing envelope. It becomes our "dirty clothes" bag for "anything that cannot be worn again without washing." It travels home as a suitcase and is dumped in the laundry room at home. I am specific about what goes in it because DD can wear a pair of shorts for an hour and then change--these are not dirty and can be reworn.

18. Disneyholic

Disneyholic Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow

Power strip for plugging in all the things that need to be recharged. There aren't enough outlets in the cabins from what I understand.

19. nokidz

nokidz thanks Mickey, now I am an addict!!

yourself..........

20. Magic3forme

Magic3forme Grand Slam club members

cell phone charger.

21. WDWLVR

WDWLVR <font color=green>DVC @ The Boardwalk</font><br><f

That would be my answer too! :) The passport and credit cards would also be needed.