One night outside of Disney, Where do we stay?

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by momoflizandains, Mar 17, 2010.

1. momoflizandains

momoflizandains love "the world"

We are flying to Orlando on Friday, May 7 and plan on spending that night outside of Disney before heading to Vero Beach. We are DVC members but don't want to use points. We don't plan on going to any of the parks since our APs have run out. We thought we would spend the day by the pool and perhaps go to Downtown Disney for dinner. I am looking for a place to stay that is reasonably priced. We need either two rooms or a suite and would like somewhere with a nice pool. Any ideas on places to stay or things to do would be welcome.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

I would check and see if they have any special at Gaylord Palms, it is fantastic.

4. kapeman

kapeman Mouseketeer

The Sheraton Vistana is nice.

Also the Hilton at DTD is good too.

5. TLPL

TLPL DIS Veteran

How about the newly opened Holiday Inn in DTD area?

6. mopee3

mopee3 Mouseketeer

Not outside but why stay outside, I would go to Port Orleans - French Quarter, :banana:you don't need a park pass, that resort has a great pool, and "Beignets (those great fried powder sugar dusted yummys" for breakfast.:dance3:

When we fly in from the West coast we arrive at 5-6 pm :goodvibesand don't want to waste a days points so just stay in a Value/Moderate resort for the 1st night then move the next day to our DVC resort:love:. The Port Orleans resorts have boats that take you to Downtown Disney.:thumbsup2

Have Fun

Moe

7. Mickey'sApprentice

Mickey'sApprentice Shamelessly demand, it works bette

The Hampton Inn at Lake Buena Vista (very close) had rates for $76/nt. with continental breakfast listed on their website the other day. I have not stayed there, so I do not know about the quality. It is located on Palm Parkway and is very close to DTD BY CAR. I have no idea about the pool.

The Holiday Inn and Best Western on Hotel Plaza Blvd. both have rates for under $100/nt. and are somewhat within walking distance to DTD.

Watch out for special fees.

8. Tara

Tara Bad Influence

I agree with this - there is a good special rate posted at the top of this board, too.

9. Cajun28

Cajun28 Mouseketeer

I don't know how much space you need, but we stayed at the Lake Buena Resort Village for $120/nt for a 2 bedroom condo. It is a very nice resort with a nice pool area. It is down 535 only a few minutes from Downtown Disney

10. starbox

starbox "There is more treasure in books than in all the p

We have had great experiences getting 4star resorts in the Lake Buena Vista and Celebration area via. Hotwire. Our favorite is the Grand Cypress, but Gaylord Palms was very nice as well.

11. quentina

quentina <font color=deeppink>The bridge has been built and

I do this often. I priceline Disney area for $60.00....I always get the Hilton in downtown Disney. I love it there, it is beautiful.

12. La2kw

La2kw DIS Veteran

Priceline. $42 at Regal Sun Resort right across the street from Downtown Disney.