One Night at a Deluxe - Need Help....

LoriDee

Mouseketeer
My family and I will be staying at POFQ 12/19-26. I would like to surprise them with a night at one of the deluxe resorts. I'd like to stay the night of 12/18.

I have a few questions:

1) Which resort would you pick?
2) Will the resort transfer our bags?
3) Will I be disappointed in staying at a deluxe resort then moving to POFQ?

Thanks for your input. :wave:

LoriDee said:
My family and I will be staying at POFQ 12/19-26. I would like to surprise them with a night at one of the deluxe resorts. I'd like to stay the night of 12/18.

I have a few questions:

1) Which resort would you pick?
2) Will the resort transfer our bags?
3) Will I be disappointed in staying at a deluxe resort then moving to POFQ?

Thanks for your input. :wave:

1) I'd choose WL or Poly. I just love both of these.
2) Resorts will transfer luggage.
3) I don't think you'd be all that disappointed moving to POFQ after a Deluxe. The only thing Deluxes, except for AKL, have for me that I can't get from a Mod is direct, non-bus transport to at least one park. Other differences really don't matter to me, to be honest, like different bedding options, etc. It seems to me that the mods and values are themed about as well as the deluxes.

grimley1968 said:
1) I'd choose WL or Poly. I just love both of these.
2) Resorts will transfer luggage.
3) I don't think you'd be all that disappointed moving to POFQ after a Deluxe. The only thing Deluxes, except for AKL, have for me that I can't get from a Mod is direct, non-bus transport to at least one park. Other differences really don't matter to me, to be honest, like different bedding options, etc. It seems to me that the mods and values are themed about as well as the deluxes.

Thanks, I'll look at the WL and Poly.

We did one night at AKL safari room after a four night stay at POR and just loved it! It is too far out for us to stay there for long, but was such a wonderful treat to watch the animals from our window and we loved the resort! I definitely recommend it - though we liked going from moderate to deluxe rather than deluxe to moderate!
Redbudlover

Redbudlover said:
We did one night at AKL safari room after a four night stay at POR and just loved it! It is too far out for us to stay there for long, but was such a wonderful treat to watch the animals from our window and we loved the resort! I definitely recommend it - though we liked going from moderate to deluxe rather than deluxe to moderate!
Redbudlover

Great Point. I didn't think to much about AKL but, I like the idea og watching the animals from our room. I have a house full of animal lovers especially my DD(1.5). Thanks so much.

I don't know the ages of your children, but the Contemporary might be neat since the monorail runs right through it. You could book a breakfast or dinner at Chef Mickey's for that day, too. I think that would be neat!

Just a thought.

What is your thought process behind staying at a deluxe? Did you want to be closer to a particular park, enjoy specific amenities at the resort, like Stormalong Bay, or simply to start your vacation off that way?

Just asking, because the answer to those questions might give you a better idea of where to stay. For instance, if it's to be closer to the MK, a monorail resort would be a good choice. You could check-in, enjoy a meal at the hotel, probably watch Wishes and the Electric Water Parade in the evening. If it's warm enough, you can swim in the pool. In the morning, make arrangements for your luggage transfer and you could be in the MK in time for the rope drop with very little effort. Having a day bag, or packing your luggage strategically, with pj's and your first days outfit right on top, is helpful.

If you're thinking that the week is going to be crazy and you'd like to start off with complete relaxation, go with AKL. It transports you to a completely different place in the world.

Forgive me for asking, but will they even care? You didn't mention the demographics of your family, but I know my DH would be more concerned about the extra cost than impressed. The kids, ages 19, 17, 11 and 6 are only concerned about the number of TVs and bathrooms and how comfy the beds are.

Moving would be a pain in my mind, as well, even if Disney handles your luggage for you. It still keeps you from settling in.

We all enjoy visiting the various resorts and haven't missed many of them, but a bed is a bed and you're usually tired from the parks anyway. My family would enjoy spending the money more on food or treats. Maybe they're just weird and your family will be totally thrilled by this idea. I just wanted to bring it up.

Sheila

Will you be going to a park that first night? If not, you might like the BC for the pool, and for the nightlife at the Boardwalk. You can see Illumination from the bridge to the BW pretty well, ride bikes around the lake, etc. Cape May is also one of our favorite places to eat.

I really liked staying at the Contemporary. We could lay in bed a night with the curtains open and watch the castle change colors! I Love Chef Mickey's...and being right on the monorail is so cool.

I have also stayed at the AK! It too is wonderful. We loved seeing the animals first thing in the morning fog. We ordered room service and had breakfast on the balcony.

If possible, I would spend the last night in a delux instead of the first night. It is SO worth the trouble of chaning rooms to me. I love to try out the different resorts.

You are going during holiday time, it won't be cheap. I wouldn't be ok with that kind of surprise...but I have money issues. As long as you don't think it would bother your DH, go for it! You might have to call and see what rooms are still open...that will help you decide for sure!

let us know what you decide.

We won't be going to any of the parks on the 18th. I was planning to spend time exploring the other resorts and DTD. My family is made up of DH, DS (10) and DD (1.5). I'm sure they would be thrilled with staying at a deluxe resort but, if we don't it wouldn't matter to them either.

I really appreciate all your inputs. You've all given me so much to think about. Thanks so much. :wave:

HANDS DOWN stay at the Contemporary

get MK view...
what a view!!!
totally sets the mood for your whole trip

and
quite honestly yes
after staying in such a big room, with a view it is a little of a letdown

I would consider staying there the last night

Now, I've added a new glitch. I've been looking at just adding Dec 18th to our reservation at POFQ. If I add one more night with the dinning plan it's cheaper than staying at one of the Deluxe hotels.

Any thoughts would be great.

While I love the deluxes, I also like settling in and not changing resorts once I get there. If it were my choice, I would go with the additional night at POFQ.

LoriDee said:
Now, I've added a new glitch. I've been looking at just adding Dec 18th to our reservation at POFQ. If I add one more night with the dinning plan it's cheaper than staying at one of the Deluxe hotels.

Any thoughts would be great.

This is what I would do, staying one night anywhere is just not worth the time and effort to me. You spend more time checking in, getting settled, and checking out than it is worth.

Take the extra night, and go have a nice dinner at one of the deluxe resorts with the dining plan. :flower:

Sammie said:
This is what I would do, staying one night anywhere is just not worth the time and effort to me. You spend more time checking in, getting settled, and checking out than it is worth.

Take the extra night, and go have a nice dinner at one of the deluxe resorts with the dining plan. :flower:

Thanks, Sammie. That's exactly what we are going to do. Now I just need to decided where to have dinner. Another ADR to add to the list. :banana:

Thanks so much everyone for your input. I really appreciated all the advise and suggestions.

We will be adding another day to our resessie at POFQ. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter