"One More Waffle!" An October 2011 TR! *Update 4/24, pg 70-The End!*

I'm sorry, I laughed when Brandon chose to go to the Backlot Tour over TSM, because that is EXACTLY what DBF would do! We've gotten there so early in the day that it ISN'T OPEN YET. Betcha didn't think that existed, huh? :rotfl:

I kind of roll my eyes about going back on it again, but it is fun to roll through the predictable memories! And come on, how can you not like the little trip inside the costume department??

Your cupcake at Starring Rolls looks great! I hate to keep being the seemingly only naysayer about the Red Velvet one, but I still stand my ground and vote to skip it!

So did you get on TSM at all that day??

I had no idea you could get there so early that TSM wasn't open yet! Haha, that's pretty crazy!

I did like the part with the costumes, I ended up liking all of it! It's not something I need to do all the time, but I'm glad I was forced to do it!

I keep thinking about how you didn't like the red velvet cupcake, but I really want to try one! If I don't like it, I don't like it, I have to try for myself! I just can't pass up a cupcake that has cheesecake on top of it! :worship: The peanut butter one is pretty amazing, though! I'd like to get that one again!

No we never went on TSM that day. :confused3 I'm glad we at least got to do it once earlier in the trip!

Love your Tower of Terror pics! Made me feel like I was there. I love TOT too. I'm counting down the days to our May trip! I'm sorry to see your TR come to an end!:)

Thanks, I love ToT! I'm counting down the days til my May trip too (37, if anyone is counting!)

(Haha, that reminds me of Clerks..."37?" Anyone? Never mind!)

There's still more TR, I have a few more updates, it will probably take me a few mores weeks to finish up! Perfect timing, right before I'm about to go back! :banana:

That stinks you had to miss Toy Story Mania but I'm glad the backlot tour brought back some of your old memories with your family. I remember when I was younger I didn't really like Catastrophe Canyon. :laughing:

Love the Tower of Terror pictures-makes me feel like I'm in line for it! :goodvibes

Haha, I loved Catastrophe Canyon when I was younger, I thought it was so cool!

I love the ToT line, it's so pretty, I really feel like I'm walking up to some old hotel! :lovestruc

I know this sounds like Dis-blasphemy, but Joyce and I hate TSM and never plan to do it again. OK, well I hate it, Joyce just doesn't like it so much. It's probably a combination of the mad dash, the expectation that it would be at least as good as Pirates of the Caribbean at DisneyQuest, and an unfortunate set of FP and waiting experiences.

The first time we rode it, the line said 45 minutes and it took us over 90. UGH! another time, most of the FP machines already were closed, but there were 2 left. When I was next in line, the person in front of me was getting approximately 87 tickets, so I sat there and watched the line next to me just keep moving. Finally they closed that machine, and as soon as the jerk in front of me finished his new deck of cards, they pulled the blanked over MY machine before I could get FPs! I was so mad that later in the week I got a FP just to rip it up in protest...

The GOOD thing about the dash (in my opinion) is that it leaves the rest of the park empty for me for about an hour :thumbsup2

Now that I'm past my rant...:goodvibes...we also LOVE the Writer's Stop! We found it a couple of years ago and realized it is one of the few places to get iced coffee in a park AND has the most amazing carrot cake cookie thingies!

Haha, you sound just like Brandon! He doesn't hate it, but if he never had to ride it again, I don't think he would care! Maybe if he could beat me, he'd feel differently. He also can't stand when you're supposed to just love a certain ride...he has the same attitude about Soarin, which I drag him on multiple times during a trip. He gets so mad when he sees hordes of people at the FP machines! :laughing:

That's one of my fears about waiting in line for FP's, if I got stuck behind someone with a million tickets, I would lose my mind! :scared1: I just don't think that should be allowed, there should be a limit of like, 10, or something!

But yeah, it does leave the rest of the park pretty empty, which is nice! :thumbsup2

I love the Writer's Stop, it's so cute! And the carrot cake cookies are fantastic! I didn't like the iced cappuccino, though...maybe I'm just so used to the chemically goodness of Dunkin Donuts iced coffee? :cool1:

Have to agree there. I don't hate TSM at all but it, along with Soarin', just don't feel that amazing to me! I'm not saying they aren't both fun, but to us we're happy to have done them once and if the lines are too long we don't lose any sleep over it.

Of course, I'm odd. My trip is not complete without seeing the Figment ride or the Mad Tea Cups.:rotfl2:

Love your ToT pic... too cute!:thumbsup2

I love TSM, it's fun, but I wish they madness would die down a little! Soarin', though...if I couldn't ride Soarin' at least 4 times on a trip, I'd probably die. I cannot live without my Soarin'!

Aww, the Figment ride is adorable! And the mad tea cups are fun too, I love Alice in Wonderland! :)

The Saddest "Mad Dash" That Ever Was

Friday, 10/7

Basically, I agreed, but I was not happy about it, and I let Brandon know that I wasn't happy about it every 5 seconds. He kept saying what a baby I was being, and in my mind, I knew I was being a baby, but you know once you start acting like a jerk to your significant other, you sometimes can't stop? Like if you just stop and say "yeah, you're right, I am being a baby" you're somehow losing? Well that's how I was being.

][/CENTER]

Totally what I do all the time... Then you kind of feel like a jerk after going overboard with it... Yea that's me!

Anyway that cupcake looks amazing!!!!!

Haha, yeah, I do that all the time, I should probably stop that! :rolleyes1

It was amazing, best cupcake EVER! :banana:

Tried to post a response from work today but my computer was not having it. I like you beotch line, but I'm not cutting and pasting it again.

Great ToT queue pictures.

I sort of know how Brandon felt. I wanted to get out of the TSM line in December, but once it started to move it wasn't bad. I can't blame you for not wanting to start your day off on the Backlot tour. Glad ToT cheered you right up.

Amazing cupcake.

Haha, thanks, no need to cut and paste! :rotfl2:

It's annoying that if you want to ride TSM, you either have to be ok with waiting in line for like, 90 minutes at any point in the day, or devote your whole morning to it. However, I love that ride, so if that's what needs to happen, then I guess I have to participate! :laughing: ToT can always cheer me up, it's the best ride!

OMG such an amazing cupcake!! :worship: I want one right now!

Ah man! That sucks that you did not get to ride TSM!! That line may seem long in the morning when it's snaking around outside, but it isn't that long since at that point the building is pretty much empty. Same for the FP line, it goes quicker than it looks.

I totally understand acting like a brat, knowing it, but not being able to stop it. Guilty as charged. :rolleyes1

I feel the same way as you do with the cupcake, except opposite. I really want to try the peanut butter and chocolate cupcake, but I'm gonna have a hard time not getting the Red Velvet. It's just SO good, it's hard to believe the PB & C cupcake can be just as yummy. Guess I'll just have to visit DHS twice so I can get one of each! Or maybe one for breakfast, and one for lunch. :rotfl:

I had no idea the building was empty! They just hold everyone outside? Huh. Good to know for May! :banana: That FP line did not look like it was moving, though! :eek:

The peanut butter chocolate cupcake is SO good! I can't wait to try the red velvet! I have a hard time imagining that one will be as good as the peanut butter! Getting both sounds like a great plan! :thumbsup2

Oh. My. Gosh!!!!!
That chocolate peanutbutter cupcake looks DIVINE!!!!
I LOVE chocolate and peanutbutter and have been craving a disney cupcake and that just makes me want one SO BAD!!!!!

Sorry you had to miss out on TSM.

AH! ToT :D

That cupcake was amazing! Chocolate and peanut butter just go SO well together, and having it together in a Disney cupcake makes it even better!

I love ToT! My favorite! :lovestruc

Aww, I'm sorry Brandon didn't agree to the mad dash. I hope you get to do it eventually! I'm glad you got to enjoy your ride on the Backlot Tour though!

YUM CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKE!!!! I am honestly a chocolate peanut butter FIEND. I love that combination. HOWEVER, I'm afraid that it'll be too rich for me too try on a hot summer day! UGH.

I am definitely getting TSM FP's on our May trip, there's no question. Whether he participates or not! He can just go hang out in Writer's Stop or something, I will be going on TSM on this trip! :banana:

I love chocolate and peanut butter too! If you like it that much, get that cupcake! :thumbsup2 It might be a little heavy in the summer, but you can always split it with someone, or grab one on the way out so you can eat it at your resort...definitely get one, you will not regret it! :woohoo:

It Doesn't Rain When We're in Disney!!

Friday 10/7

It was finally time to use our RnRC fast passes, so I reluctantly said goodbye to my Tower of Terror. Remember how the night before I was sad to leave the Magic Kingdom because it would be the last time we would be at MK for this trip? Well I was feeling the same way at that moment with the Tower of Terror. Knowing you will not be riding it again on your trip is depressing. I almost thought about going on a third time, but then I figured if I did that, I would never be able to pull myself away, so I made myself walk to RnRC before I could burst into tears. (Yes, over the Tower of Terror. I love it that much! :lovestruc)

The FP line at RnRC went quickly, and before we knew it, we were racing through the streets in our super stretch limo! (PLEASE, Disney, don't ever change that ride! Aerosmith is Disney music to me now! :thumbsup2)

At the end, we checked out the ride photos, and I had to take a quick picture of ours before we left, because Brandon's expression is too funny (this is when he finally figured out when they take the picture in the ride!)

P1010114.jpg

:rotfl: Sadly, it was time to be heading out of DHS for the afternoon. We stopped in Villains in Vogue and I traded one of my Vinyls for this guy:

P1010115.jpg

I love trading Vinyls, but I don't like when I get ones and I have no idea who they are! Brandon said that this one is Lando, from Star Wars, but I'm not sure...and if it is, well, I've never been a Lando fan, he's a sketchy character in the movies, so I knew he'd be getting traded at some point!

I wanted to stop in the little Christmas store on Hollywood Boulevard on the way out, so we went in there for a minute

P1010116.jpg

and when we came out, it was pouring! Yes, we had noticed the sky getting a little gray looking throughout the morning, but it didn't look like it would pour! We ran across the street into the big store, and looked around in there for a while. I found a rice krispy treat I wanted, and Brandon went to pay for it so I could look around a little more. I went to the door to look out at the rain, because it was so foreign to us! Up until this trip, it never rained in Disney for us! I mean, sure, we got the occasional spot shower, but nothing like this!

P1010117.jpg

It died down a little, so we went back to our car, and drove back to WL. We were planning to go back and go in the pool, but since it was pouring, that plan was out. I got kind of upset at that point because this was our last full day at Disney. Tomorrow we would be checking out and we really had no pool time left. It annoyed me that we were staying in this beautiful deluxe resort, with this amazing pool, and we hadn't used it once, all week. :sad2: Oh well, I tried to stay optimistic, and assumed it would clear up later.

Since we couldn't swim, we decided to do the next best thing-eat! We grabbed lunch at Roaring Forks, which was great, as always, we love that little place! I had a ham and cheese panini and a magic cookie bar and Brandon had some kind of sandwich, I think! I hardly ever write down what he gets, sorry! :rotfl:

IMG_0902.jpg

We went back up to the room to rest for a little while, and then it was back out the door to go to Epcot! Before we went to Epcot though, we did a little exploring at the Wilderness Lodge. I think we just went down the stairs instead of taking the elevator and went wandering around the 3rd floor, I wanted to find the little bridge that crosses over the doorway when you first walk into the Lodge!

We found it, and it quickly became one of my new favorite places in the resort!

P1010125.jpg

I love this place SO much! :love: In fact, I can't even talk about it too much, because if I do, I might just call up Disney right now and switch our reservation from the Beach Club to WL! :eek: I just love all the little hidden nooks there are in there, and how cozy it is! It makes you want to just grab a chair and curl up with a book by the fire.

*Sigh* I wish I could just live in a Disney resort for like, a month. Because staying in one for a week or even 10 days like we did isn't long enough. I want enough time to just relax and enjoy the resort and do things like that and not feel like you're missing out on park time!

Anyway, we were happy to see that the rain had stopped and it looked like the sky was clearing up on the way to Epcot!

P1010128.jpg

Mono...d'oh!

I was ecstatic to see blue skies when we arrived at Epcot!

P1010129.jpg

I pretty much ran in and over to the wait times board to check out the situations with Soarin' and Test Track...both had wait times that were just way too long, so what do you do when your favorites are unavailable?

P1010131.jpg

You go to Mexico and drink, that's what! :yay:

We took our margaritas outside to drink, and we saw Mexican Donald at his meet and greet area! Finally! I kept checking his times all week and we always missed him, so we took the opportunity to meet him. The line wasn't long, but we were behind a few families, and I felt kind of weird standing in line with kids, drinking a margarita, so I chugged it...it's not like I could have said to the CM taking pictures "hey, ya mind holding this margarita for me while I take my picture with Donald Duck?" It would have been so strange!

We met Donald, and it was great, he was really cute and funny, and he was actually one of my favorite meet and greets from the whole trip!

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

We went back into Mexico after meeting Donald because, well, I chugged that margarita, remember? I just wanted to chill out for a second before we began our tour around the World! Since Gran Fiesta Tour is right here, and there was no wait, we hopped on and sailed around Mexico for a little while!

P1010141.jpg

P1010144.jpg

OMG I love this ride so much! I know it's kind of cheesy, and people prefer the original over the Donald version, but I love this one, I think it's so cute! I can't wait to be there in a few weeks!! :woohoo: And I really, really need to make an ADR for San Angel Inn. It looks so beautiful from the boat ride, and I hear great things about it, but I can never fit it in!

After the Gran Fiesta Tour, I was still feeling a little tipsy from that margarita, so I thought I should probably eat something! It was our last night in Epcot, so why not get a few more things from the Food and Wine booths, right? :woohoo:

Up next...a little more Food and Wine and Via Napoli!

And the Monsoon begins! Bummer about not having gotten to use the pool at WL. I love that you had to chug margaritas to meet Donald...only in WDW! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night!

I LOVE Rock n Roller Coaster!! I wish I had a picture of my expression when I rode it with hubby in '09! It was priceless!! But yet not priceless enough for me to buy the photo!! :rotfl2:

Sorry about the rain!!! WE were blesses on our '09 trip to miss the rain... I heard when we left that it rained solid for like 2 weeks... Everyone joked that the giant golf ball was floating around!

Hoping your may trip is dry and your fall trip!!

Hey Jen! I'm so, so sorry I fell so behind. I have like 379 unread emails and about 98 percent of them are TR subscriptions that I've fallen behind on. But here we go with a marathon response post....

I love :love: your Snow White shirt from the full Epcot day, too cute! The Le Cellier lunch looked absolutely delicious! Franklin and I just mapped out our game plan for next October because it's almost time to make ADRs and we made the painful decision to leave off Le Cellier and 'Ohana. :scared1: Sacrilege, I know. But we want to spend more time at Food and Wine on that trip, so we decided to cut back on our ADRs and save them for the January trip instead.

Guess what? I finally saw Illuminations. I get it, I finally understand why you love it so much. It was gorgeous, simply stunning. Wait until you see Franklin's pictures, they're incredible!

I feel the same way you do about TrenD: Love the store, hate the fact that nothing fits me. :headache:

I was so, so happy to read that you had a better MNSSHP experience the second time around. I love the Halloween party and cannot wait to go back! The Queen of Hearts performance (to the Glee mash-up of Heads Will Roll and Thriller) was simply genius. Totally loved it!

That sucks that your pool time got washed out, hopefully you had a chance to take a quick dip later that afternoon!

Finally, I figured I should let you know that I finally started the TR from my March trip. Join the party, if you get a chance!

You chugged a rita from the Ditch?????? Are you crazy girl????? Could you walk or did you :faint:? :rotfl:

I am officially bummed that you did not get to use the pool. that totally stinks! What bad luck!

Funny picture of Brandon on RnR and that really is a great picture of the two of you with Donald. Not my favorite character, but a cute picture all the same!

Sorry the rain didn't let you enjoy some pool time, but i bet going to EPCOT and the rain being stopped made up for it right? :D

I always hear great things about those margaritas in mexico- guess I need to get one next time we ever go back to Disney!!!

What a great way to end your last full day in Disney- At EPCOT!!!! :D

Sorry you didn't get to use the pool.....just think of it as a reason to plan another stay there!
Sorry aboutt he rain...but the sun came out later! so that's good....

I als prefer the original Mexico ride....San Angel Inn looks so romantic to me...hope you get to eat there so I can find out how it was!

I know exactly what you mean about getting sad over leaving ToT...only mine is RNRC. You just want to keep going, "One more time!" because you can't help but think about how long it'll be before you get to go on it again. :sad1:

Chugging a margarita....whew, I'd need someone to carry me out of the Mexico pavilion.:rotfl: Bet the Grand Fiesta Tour was really relaxing.

I'm really looking forward to your Via Napoli update!!!

Wow, that is a lot of rain! Hahaha no no no you can't change your resort choice now! BEACH CLUB!!!!! Hahaha. I can understand loving the Wilderness Lodge though (even though I've never been there) because it looks great!

Ugh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've never had a long enough Disney trip. I think after a certain amount of time Disney should just pay us back and let us stay for free... we're loyal!

I LOVE THAT DOUBLE MONORAIL PICTURE. Omg heaven.

AHHH I want to meet Mexican Donald so badly. He's PRECIOUS.

I love RnRC SO much...seriously, Disney needs to NEVER change that ride. :lovestruc

Ughh rain at Disney is the worst! :mad: When John and I went in June 2009 we went to a water park for the first time and it POURED. Hello, skies- didn't you get the memo? The weather can't be bad over Disney World! :sad2:

Hahaha I can just imagine you posing with Mexican Donald with a margarita in your hand! That would be priceless! :lmao:

OMG, I remember how much rain came in at that time, because after I had to cancel my trip at the last minute, I was actually thinking it wasn't so bad because it was raining so much.

The monorail song!!!! Mono....d'oh! :goodvibes

I totally understand what you mean about WL. 10 days is not enough. I don't even think a month would be long enough :rotfl: Rain always puts a damper on a trip but I never let it get in the way of what I want to do. Just throw on that poncho and keep going. Of course going for a swim is kinda hard but there is so much to enjoy at WL! At least the weather cleared up when you went to Epcot. I love the Donald ride. The end with the fireworks makes me feel all warm and happy inside. Sigh....I want to go back right NOW

GIRL I completely understand your frustration over the mad dash thing. I would have acted like a total brat as well. Actually I probably would have asked for a divorce. :laughing: No one messes with me when it's time to go on TSM and I will battle any crowd without batting an eyelash. I MEAN, IT'S TOY STORY MANIA. And it's not like you didn't tell him about how crazy it is ahead of time. *sigh* I'm glad you ended up enjoying the Backlot Tour though. I haven't done that one in years either!

AHHHH THAT CUPCAKE! YUM! I can't wait to try that and the Butterfinger one on our next trip. The Red Velvet is my obsession, but I really have to try the other ones this time!

I love your Tower of Terror pictures. Best queue ever, outside and inside. I just love the atmosphere around the HTH so much. I want to live there. My dream is that they will build a suite inside of it like they did with the Cinderella Castle suite and the Dream suite at Disneyland and then I will stay there and refuse to leave. I totally understand crying over it, trust me!

Oh how I love the WL. My favorite spot to cozy up is in the comfy chairs on the 4th floor. I agree, it's so hard to balance resort time with park time. There is just never enough!

"hey, ya mind holding this margarita for me while I take my picture with Donald Duck?" THAT IS TOO FUNNY. That makes me think... how many of the drunk people in WS take pics with characters? I've gotten into some pretty silly situations while intoxicated but for some reason that is a whole other level of hilarity to me right now. :rotfl:

Great updates! OMG... I am sitting here drinking my coffee and almost spit it out when you wrote about "chugging your margarita" to meet Donald!:lmao: That is too funny! I needed a good giggle this morning!

I know what you mean about leaving certain rides. Everyone may laugh...but for me that ride is Nemo. It was the very first ride we took our kids on during our first trip. It just holds such special memories for me. It is still our first ride and our very last ride. I am usually crying by the end. :sad1:

Sorry about no pool time! Hopefully, you will get some in a few weeks! :cheer2:

And the Monsoon begins! Bummer about not having gotten to use the pool at WL. I love that you had to chug margaritas to meet Donald...only in WDW! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your night!

Ugh, that monsoon! The next day was even worse!

It was sad not using the pool AT ALL at WL, but there's always next time! Oh yeah, chugging a margarita before meeting a character-only in Disney, seriously! :banana:

I LOVE Rock n Roller Coaster!! I wish I had a picture of my expression when I rode it with hubby in '09! It was priceless!! But yet not priceless enough for me to buy the photo!!

Sorry about the rain!!! WE were blesses on our '09 trip to miss the rain... I heard when we left that it rained solid for like 2 weeks... Everyone joked that the giant golf ball was floating around!

Hoping your may trip is dry and your fall trip!!

Hahaha, I love it, not priceless enough to buy the photo! I have yet to actually pay for one of those photos! If there is one I absolutely cannot live without, maybe I'll buy it, but until then, I'll just continue to sneak one with my phone! :rotfl:

Ugh, between October and December, we have had enough rain in Disney to last a lifetime! May and our Fall trip better be dry! :rotfl:

Hey Jen! I'm so, so sorry I fell so behind. I have like 379 unread emails and about 98 percent of them are TR subscriptions that I've fallen behind on. But here we go with a marathon response post....

I love :love: your Snow White shirt from the full Epcot day, too cute! The Le Cellier lunch looked absolutely delicious! Franklin and I just mapped out our game plan for next October because it's almost time to make ADRs and we made the painful decision to leave off Le Cellier and 'Ohana. :scared1: Sacrilege, I know. But we want to spend more time at Food and Wine on that trip, so we decided to cut back on our ADRs and save them for the January trip instead.

Guess what? I finally saw Illuminations. I get it, I finally understand why you love it so much. It was gorgeous, simply stunning. Wait until you see Franklin's pictures, they're incredible!

I feel the same way you do about TrenD: Love the store, hate the fact that nothing fits me. :headache:

I was so, so happy to read that you had a better MNSSHP experience the second time around. I love the Halloween party and cannot wait to go back! The Queen of Hearts performance (to the Glee mash-up of Heads Will Roll and Thriller) was simply genius. Totally loved it!

That sucks that your pool time got washed out, hopefully you had a chance to take a quick dip later that afternoon!

Finally, I figured I should let you know that I finally started the TR from my March trip. Join the party, if you get a chance!

Hey, welcome back! :cool1:

Isn't it hard cutting out restaurants that you know you love from future trips? Although food and wine totally makes up for it!

Isn't Illuminations so beautiful? :lovestruc AHHH I love it so much!

Haha, ugh, TrenD! That store makes me feel so badly about myself. Fitting into anything from there in May is a lost cause, but hopefully by the Fall I'll be able to! :woohoo:

I will definitely stop by your new TR, can't wait to read about your trip! :banana:

You chugged a rita from the Ditch?????? Are you crazy girl????? Could you walk or did you :faint:? :rotfl:

I am officially bummed that you did not get to use the pool. that totally stinks! What bad luck!

Funny picture of Brandon on RnR and that really is a great picture of the two of you with Donald. Not my favorite character, but a cute picture all the same!

I know, it was kind of crazy! :eek: Although, I guess I didn't technically "chug" it, I drank it really, really fast through a straw! So that doesn't count! :rotfl: Haha, no, I could walk, but I felt like if I drank anymore I might be having trouble!

I am too, I really love that pool! Oh well...just have to stay at WL again, I suppose! :laughing:

Donald isn't my favorite character either, but I love when the characters are dressed in different clothes, so I had to meet Mexican Donald! He was really cute!

Sorry the rain didn't let you enjoy some pool time, but i bet going to EPCOT and the rain being stopped made up for it right? :D

I always hear great things about those margaritas in mexico- guess I need to get one next time we ever go back to Disney!!!

What a great way to end your last full day in Disney- At EPCOT!!!! :D

Haha, well, yeah, being at Epcot is always a good way to cheer me up, but the rain didn't stay away for long! :sad2:

YES definitely get a margarita in Mexico, they are SO good! :banana:

Sorry you didn't get to use the pool.....just think of it as a reason to plan another stay there!
Sorry aboutt he rain...but the sun came out later! so that's good....

I als prefer the original Mexico ride....San Angel Inn looks so romantic to me...hope you get to eat there so I can find out how it was!

Exactly! I would love to stay in WL again, I love that place! The rain was annoying, but it was nice that it cleared up...didn't stay that way, though! :sad2:

Doesn't San Angel look so nice? I really want to eat there, hopefully in the Fall! :banana:

I know exactly what you mean about getting sad over leaving ToT...only mine is RNRC. You just want to keep going, "One more time!" because you can't help but think about how long it'll be before you get to go on it again. :sad1:

Chugging a margarita....whew, I'd need someone to carry me out of the Mexico pavilion.:rotfl: Bet the Grand Fiesta Tour was really relaxing.

I'm really looking forward to your Via Napoli update!!!

Isn't it so hard leaving your favorite ride? :sad1: I love going on ToT over and over! :thumbsup2

Haha, well, like I said, I guess I didn't really chug it, I drank it quickly through the straw! :laughing: I was having some problems, it wasn't the best idea, but I felt weird holding a drink, meeting a Disney character!

Via Napoli was SO good! I'd go there again in a second! :thumbsup2

Wow, that is a lot of rain! Hahaha no no no you can't change your resort choice now! BEACH CLUB!!!!! Hahaha. I can understand loving the Wilderness Lodge though (even though I've never been there) because it looks great!

Ugh, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've never had a long enough Disney trip. I think after a certain amount of time Disney should just pay us back and let us stay for free... we're loyal!

I LOVE THAT DOUBLE MONORAIL PICTURE. Omg heaven.

AHHH I want to meet Mexican Donald so badly. He's PRECIOUS.

Oh no, don't worry, I won't really change the Beach Club now, we're too close to the trip and I'm too excited to be there! :banana: I do miss my WL, though!

Haha, Disney should just give us a free trip! I feel like DIS'ers go enough that we should get some kind of reward for going multiple times. This trip was 10 days which by the end, started feeling really long, but that's because we didn't rest enough, which is my fault. I have a hard time resting when I can be in a PARK!!! :banana:

I LOVE that picture too! I was so happy when I saw both of them and actually got a picture of it! I can't wait to see the monorails in person again, in 34 days! :lovestruc

Mexican Donald was really cute, definitely try to meet him!

I love RnRC SO much...seriously, Disney needs to NEVER change that ride. :lovestruc

Ughh rain at Disney is the worst! :mad: When John and I went in June 2009 we went to a water park for the first time and it POURED. Hello, skies- didn't you get the memo? The weather can't be bad over Disney World! :sad2:

Hahaha I can just imagine you posing with Mexican Donald with a margarita in your hand! That would be priceless! :lmao:

They better not change RnRC! I'd die if they turned it into some Disney channel ride or something! :eek:

I can handle a day of rain at Disney, or the afternoon shower or something, but when it starts pouring and doesn't stop, it gets to me. And we were just so unprepared, because we really thought "eh, it never rains when we're here, we don't need ponchos or umbrellas." Lesson learned. PLEASE, Disney Gods, NO RAIN in May for us!!! :angel:

I'm sure people get their pictures taken holding drinks all the time, in fact, I think I have a few pictures from my Disneymoon with my beloved orange slushie from France but it's weird with a character! Especially when there were so many kids in front of us! :rotfl:

OMG, I remember how much rain came in at that time, because after I had to cancel my trip at the last minute, I was actually thinking it wasn't so bad because it was raining so much.

The monorail song!!!! Mono....d'oh! :goodvibes

Ugh, yeah, the rain was AWFUL. It gets worse too, just wait! :sad2:

Seriously, every single time Brandon or I see the monorail in Disney, one of us says "mono...D'oh!" Or "I call the big one Bitey." If we ever go with other people, they will probably leave us behind because we're so annoying with things like that! :laughing:

I totally understand what you mean about WL. 10 days is not enough. I don't even think a month would be long enough :rotfl: Rain always puts a damper on a trip but I never let it get in the way of what I want to do. Just throw on that poncho and keep going. Of course going for a swim is kinda hard but there is so much to enjoy at WL! At least the weather cleared up when you went to Epcot. I love the Donald ride. The end with the fireworks makes me feel all warm and happy inside. Sigh....I want to go back right NOW

OMG imagine being in Disney for a month??? :cloud9:

The rain was annoying, because it wasn't just rain, it was like, torrential downpour! Ugh! We did buy ponchos and did keep going, but it just kind of bothered us, because it was so much! It gets a lot worse in my next update, and then our departure day! :eek:

I love the end of the Gran Fiesta Tour with the fireworks! :lovestruc

GIRL I completely understand your frustration over the mad dash thing. I would have acted like a total brat as well. Actually I probably would have asked for a divorce. :laughing: No one messes with me when it's time to go on TSM and I will battle any crowd without batting an eyelash. I MEAN, IT'S TOY STORY MANIA. And it's not like you didn't tell him about how crazy it is ahead of time. *sigh* I'm glad you ended up enjoying the Backlot Tour though. I haven't done that one in years either!

AHHHH THAT CUPCAKE! YUM! I can't wait to try that and the Butterfinger one on our next trip. The Red Velvet is my obsession, but I really have to try the other ones this time!

I love your Tower of Terror pictures. Best queue ever, outside and inside. I just love the atmosphere around the HTH so much. I want to live there. My dream is that they will build a suite inside of it like they did with the Cinderella Castle suite and the Dream suite at Disneyland and then I will stay there and refuse to leave. I totally understand crying over it, trust me!

Oh how I love the WL. My favorite spot to cozy up is in the comfy chairs on the 4th floor. I agree, it's so hard to balance resort time with park time. There is just never enough!

"hey, ya mind holding this margarita for me while I take my picture with Donald Duck?" THAT IS TOO FUNNY. That makes me think... how many of the drunk people in WS take pics with characters? I've gotten into some pretty silly situations while intoxicated but for some reason that is a whole other level of hilarity to me right now. :rotfl:

I'm glad you understand about TSM! I'm fully prepared for this year and our 2nd attempt at the mad dash, though, if Brandon doesn't want to participate, I'm taking his ticket and going alone! He can go hang out in Writer's Stop or do a ride alone, whatever, I don't care! It's HAPPENING on this next trip! :yay:

Thank you! Isn't the ToT area the best? I love everything about it! I would give anything for them to make a suite up there! I wouldn't leave either! :lovestruc And don't you hate knowing that Cinderella Castle suite is there and we can't stay in it? Ugh, it just bothers me! :( It's SO beautiful!

I love the WL it is really cozy and lovely! I can't believe in 10 days there, we still didn't have enough time to explore! I'm sure we will be visiting there in May, we seem to always stop there, even when we're not staying there!

I can't wait to try the Red Velvet cupcake in May! I want to try the Butterfinger one too, but I think the Red Velvet is my top priority...who knows though, I might just get 2. (Wow, life is tough when you're prioritizing cupcake preference, huh? Oh, I love Disney so much for making my life bearable! Seriously! :love: :worship:)

I try not to drink so much in the WS that I get drunk, I'm always afraid that I'm going to get in trouble or something! :eek: But I've seen some really out of control people at the Food and Wine festival, and I never get to that level, so I guess I'm ok! But I couldn't bring myself to be drinking and meeting a character, it just seems wrong! I'm sure people do it all the time, though, if it wasn't ok, I guess they wouldn't have so much alcohol in Epcot! :drinking1 It's funny, I hardly ever drink at home, but when I'm in Disney, I love it! Probably because everything actually tastes good there!

Great updates! OMG... I am sitting here drinking my coffee and almost spit it out when you wrote about "chugging your margarita" to meet Donald!:lmao: That is too funny! I needed a good giggle this morning!

I know what you mean about leaving certain rides. Everyone may laugh...but for me that ride is Nemo. It was the very first ride we took our kids on during our first trip. It just holds such special memories for me. It is still our first ride and our very last ride. I am usually crying by the end. :sad1:

Sorry about no pool time! Hopefully, you will get some in a few weeks! :cheer2:

Haha, I probably just should have drank the margarita at a normal pace, but I was in such a hurry to meet Donald! I kept missing him all week, I didn't want to miss him again! :laughing:

Awww, that is so sweet about the Nemo ride, that it is your first and last ride! I love that everyone has their own Disney traditions! :cool1:

I am definitely going in the pool in May, Stormalong Bay? No way am I missing that! :woohoo: I can't wait!!!! :dance3:

We made it to the parking lot and into the park before 9, when the rope officially "dropped." Here is what we were dealing with at that time:

P1010088.jpg

O

M

G

And I'm planning to do the Mad Dash in JULY...with EIGHT people!

:faint:

I'll have to remember to take a picture of the crowd for you so you can show Brandon how much worse it could have been!

I can't believe he picked the Backlot Tour. I'm glad you went on it since it seemed to make you feel better, but seriously...WTH? :laughing:

I apologized to Brandon for being a brat, luckily, he knows me pretty well and didn't take any of it seriously so he wasn't even mad at me. He was actually kind of amused. :sad2: But it was over, and we moved on and went about our morning in DHS.

I felt AWFUL for the temper tantrums I threw on our last trip! I was such a B-Word for no reason other than I wasn't getting my way. I'm sure that you were just bummed because your trip was ending and the whole TSM thing just put you over the edge! It happens!

Which one did I get?

P1010101.jpg

The chocolate peanut butter cupcake. Oh. My. God.

Holy moly! Now THAT is my kind of cupcake! Glad you liked it! There are now THREE cupcakes on my list for July....:rolleyes1

I didn't mind the wait, though, it gave me a chance to take some pictures of the beautiful waiting area!

I love taking pics of the ToT queue! It really is beautiful in there! I like it when there is no one around and I can take my time taking pictures and listening to the ambient music. It's just amazing!

Remember how the night before I was sad to leave the Magic Kingdom because it would be the last time we would be at MK for this trip? Well I was feeling the same way at that moment with the Tower of Terror. Knowing you will not be riding it again on your trip is depressing. I almost thought about going on a third time, but then I figured if I did that, I would never be able to pull myself away, so I made myself walk to RnRC before I could burst into tears. (Yes, over the Tower of Terror. I love it that much! :lovestruc)

Yup, this is how I feel about Soarin'. I force myself to not think about the near future and just focus on the now otherwise I'll spend all day crying. :sad2:

(PLEASE, Disney, don't ever change that ride! Aerosmith is Disney music to me now! :thumbsup2)

We say the same thing! :laughing:

At the end, we checked out the ride photos, and I had to take a quick picture of ours before we left, because Brandon's expression is too funny (this is when he finally figured out when they take the picture in the ride!)

P1010114.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yes, we had noticed the sky getting a little gray looking throughout the morning, but it didn't look like it would pour! We ran across the street into the big store, and looked around in there for a while. I found a rice krispy treat I wanted, and Brandon went to pay for it so I could look around a little more. I went to the door to look out at the rain, because it was so foreign to us! Up until this trip, it never rained in Disney for us! I mean, sure, we got the occasional spot shower, but nothing like this!

Ugh I HATE that!!!!! Disney needs to take a page from Dr. Doofenschmirtz and make a Sunny Day-inator! It should NEVER rain in WDW!

It died down a little, so we went back to our car, and drove back to WL. We were planning to go back and go in the pool, but since it was pouring, that plan was out.

Bummer! You could technically STILL go swimming in the rain (as long as it's not thundering and lightning they keep the pools open), but it's just not as fun....although you won't get that wicked sun glare off the pool water....

I think we just went down the stairs instead of taking the elevator and went wandering around the 3rd floor, I wanted to find the little bridge that crosses over the doorway when you first walk into the Lodge!

We found it, and it quickly became one of my new favorite places in the resort!

P1010125.jpg

Cute picture! The WL looks so nice! I'm afraid if we ever stayed there I would never go out to a park though! I would just wander around and find places to nap!

Anyway, we were happy to see that the rain had stopped and it looked like the sky was clearing up on the way to Epcot!

I was ecstatic to see blue skies when we arrived at Epcot!

P1010129.jpg

YAY!!! :woohoo:That looks MUCH better!

I pretty much ran in and over to the wait times board to check out the situations with Soarin' and Test Track...both had wait times that were just way too long, so what do you do when your favorites are unavailable?

P1010131.jpg

You go to Mexico and drink, that's what!

Sounds like a plan to me! :thumbsup2

The line wasn't long, but we were behind a few families, and I felt kind of weird standing in line with kids, drinking a margarita, so I chugged it...it's not like I could have said to the CM taking pictures "hey, ya mind holding this margarita for me while I take my picture with Donald Duck?" It would have been so strange!

We met Donald, and it was great, he was really cute and funny, and he was actually one of my favorite meet and greets from the whole trip!

Photo0090FourBySix.jpg

Haha! You should have just held them while you took the picture! Would have made a funny memory! That was one of our favorite meet and greets, too! We got to meet all 3 of them at one point...I can't remember when it was, but it was fun!

Since Gran Fiesta Tour is right here, and there was no wait, we hopped on and sailed around Mexico for a little while!

OMG I love this ride so much! I know it's kind of cheesy, and people prefer the original over the Donald version, but I love this one, I think it's so cute! I can't wait to be there in a few weeks!! :woohoo: And I really, really need to make an ADR for San Angel Inn. It looks so beautiful from the boat ride, and I hear great things about it, but I can never fit it in!

I like it a lot too! When I first went on it, I was mad that they changed it so I didn't give it a fair chance, but after going on it a couple more times, it grew on me!

After the Gran Fiesta Tour, I was still feeling a little tipsy from that margarita, so I thought I should probably eat something! It was our last night in Epcot, so why not get a few more things from the Food and Wine booths, right?

Oooh! Can't wait to see what you get!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter