• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

One more Dining Plan Question....

Mis4Mouse

<font color="red">I like twirling around 'til I'm
So many dining plan questions on the boards these days...forgive me for asking yet another!!!

If my son and I each have on TS credit more than the amount of table services we intend to use, can we use it for CS, since the CS value is less than the TS?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole process.

Thanks!

Susan

No, you cannot use a TS for a CS....they are totally seperate.

Why not just use the extra table service for a character breakfast or a sit down lunch, or upgrade to a Signature restaurant which uses 2 TS credits per person? Remember, you don't have to stick to 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per day. You could use 3 TS in one day, and 2 CS the next day, etc. I have just the opposite problem....I don't have enough TS for all we want to do so I will end up paying OOP with the DDE card for 1 or 2 sit down meals.

unixadm said:
No, you cannot use a TS for a CS....they are totally seperate.

Why not just use the extra table service for a character breakfast or a sit down lunch, or upgrade to a Signature restaurant which uses 2 TS credits per person? Remember, you don't have to stick to 1 TS, 1 CS and 1 snack per day. You could use 3 TS in one day, and 2 CS the next day, etc. I have just the opposite problem....I don't have enough TS for all we want to do so I will end up paying OOP with the DDE card for 1 or 2 sit down meals.

Thanks for the info. We are going to be there just enough time to spend three days at the parks....I have the adr for all the ts's I want, which coordinate with our park itinerary (mnsshp, fireworks, etc...) But I have one set of TS's that I am trying to use and just can't find the time for another sit down dinner.

I am considering a breakfast, but we like to get to the parks early. We only can eat one large meal a day, so I have most days covered, but the day we are going to be at Epcot...for the F&W fest., we aren't sure if we'll be able to down a large meal after grazing all day.

Breakfast is still an option, but I thought maybe we might the credit to "downgrade" so to speak - since we aren't trying to rip WDW off or anything. It looks like I might have to just let it go....

Seems a waste to let a free meal go - but I don't want to spend too much time sitting down eating, when the parks are calling!

Decisions Decisions!

(BTW i'm sorry you have the opposite problem- wish I could give you my credits!)

Susan

I'm probably wrong, but I thought I remembered reading a review where someone did use TS credits for CS food at the food court the day they were leaving.

Several posters have been allowed to use a TS credit for a CS meal. Most seem to be using the food court the last day.

Just a silly question..but why do you say you can only eat one large meal a day? Is it just that you are not big eaters...and really only see your self being abel to eat once a day....or is it because of the one TS credit per person per day? I know it's a nosiy question...but some people don't realize you can use more than one TS meal a day.

What about the day your arriving to WDW resorts? Is that a park day for you?....if not you could do a nice TS dinner to kick start the trip. Or what about the day your leaving....maybe a TS (even character) breakfast to get the last bang before leaving WDW area???

scrapperjill said:
Just a silly question..but why do you say you can only eat one large meal a day? Is it just that you are not big eaters...and really only see your self being abel to eat once a day....or is it because of the one TS credit per person per day? I know it's a nosiy question...but some people don't realize you can use more than one TS meal a day.

What about the day your arriving to WDW resorts? Is that a park day for you?....if not you could do a nice TS dinner to kick start the trip. Or what about the day your leaving....maybe a TS (even character) breakfast to get the last bang before leaving WDW area???

It's not really a silly question :)

I guess you could say we aren't big eaters. I mean, the TS meals are an appetizer, lunch and dessert. When we were in WDW last, it was all we could do to eat half the entree and a few bites of dessert at the sit down restaurants we went to.

Don't get me wrong - we LOVE to eat, we are big time foodies and in fact my son is considering culinary school in a few years, but we just don't like to eat until we are stuffed. I guess you could say we tend to "graze" rather than eat large meals, and more often than not, we split appetizers, entrees and desserts.

We just find the portions at WDW table service restaurants to be too large to manage more than one meal a day.

As for the other part of your question... we have adrs for Maya Grill the night we arrive.

I went ahead and booked Boma for breakfast the day we are leaving. So now I guess I'm all set!

Thanks for your suggestion!
Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter