One more column about the Bush cruise

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dave_from_Marietta, Jan 1, 2003.

1. Dave_from_Marietta

Dave_from_Marietta DIS Veteran

The local columnist for the Palm Beach Post was onboard the Wonder last week. His write-up about the cruise appears here:

www.gopbi.com/partners/pbpost/epaper/editions/today/news_e3f0fc9602a1400c00db.html

Among the more interesting excerpts:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rae519

rae519 <font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00

Glad to know that people left them alone to enjoy their Disney vacation. Can't imagine what it would be like to be constantly hounded for an autograph or photo opportunity.

Rae

4. ncligs

ncligs Registered

Thanks for the link Dave.;)

5. shmoogrrrl

shmoogrrrl Tigger Goddess

Man! I am so glad that I wasn't on that cruise. I would be so torn.

I am a big First Lady fan. I think I have every book on every First Lady that has beed written, and Barbara Bush is one of my favorites. I would SOOOOO want to walk up and say hello and maybe get an autograph, but since it is their vacation, I wouldn't have. It would have been hard though!

I actually met Barbara Bush once while they were in the White House. My HandBell Choir played there during the Christmas season and they had a little juice and cookie spread for us. She actually came down and said hello and served punch. Very classy lady.

Kathy

6. rae519

rae519 <font color=6666CC>DIS Veteran<br><font color=CC00

Mrs. Bush will write you a personal note if you write her. After 9/11, I sent notes to both she and Mrs. Laura Bush and received very nice letters back from both of them. She gave a very moving talk at Grissom AFB when her husband was still President; she was very gracious afterward to everyone, especially the children.

Rae

7. prymsu

prymsu <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Dave, thanx for the wonderful info. I will have to wait a week and a half to get the skinny from my boss who was on this cruise, since i am getting ready to take off for my cruise tomorrow, and i won't see him until i get back...