one last DL hotel question...I promise...

krismom

<font color=blue>New Rule:<br><marquee><font color
If I want to be closest to the pool / parks entrance (who doesn't? ;) ) so I want to request Sierra and not Bonita right? What about the third tower? Do they usually honor requests?
Thanks ! :thumbsup2

http://www.pacificsites.com/~drhoades/graphics/hotel.jpg

The tower on the rght is the Marina tower where you check in. The tower on the lower left is the Sierra which is technicaly closest to the parks and downtown Disney. The tower on the upper left is the Bonita tower. This is an older picture befor the neverland pool but it is located in the center courtyard bat closer to the corner of the Marina and Sierra Tower. So the Sierra tower is a bit closer to everything.

When I called to make a room request, the CM made a point to say that they cannot guarantee we will get our request, but they will try. Room assignments are made 3 days before your arrival, so I called again just before the 3 days to make sure my request was still in the computer. (Somebody had posted that their request got deleted somehow, so they did not get their request.) The 2nd CM also stated that they could not guarantee that my request could be granted, but that they would try. (I'm thinking they get a lot of people who are upset that they didn't get a particular room...)

Hopefully you'll get either the Sierra or Marina tower. They are the closest to everything. We've stayed in the Bonita tower, it was nice, but the walk was noticably longer for everything.

We were really lucky, got a pool view in the Marina tower, and only paid for the standard view. Free upgrades are the best! :)

we also got an upgrade in the Marina tower to a pool view. The key is to request a "large" room, with two queens and a day bed. (those seem to be the pool view rooms. The only down side, was the year before we had a standard room in the Marina tower overlooking the parking lot, but we could see some of the fireworks.......Also if you have kids, ask for "special delivery" at check in and they will have an envelop with autographed character pic's my dd was awed by the signed pic of the princesses.

And it depends what pool you prefer. We like to stay in the Bonita Tower because it is closer to the Cove Pool! The little pool is sooooo much less crowded than the Neverland Pool on busy days!

We have stayed in all three towers--all are a little bit different but fun and unique. i don't find that walk that much greater from the Bonita than from other towers. My perference is Sierra because I love the DTD view but am usually happy with whatever we get. Because bottom line---I'm in Disneyland!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter