One Happy Dog Family Lands it for Halloween -- 12/29 final post and MVMCP link!!!

Hello, I'm EnchantedPlayroom's DM and she has convinced me to join your PTR so here I am,
I hope you don't mind a lurker.
:surfweb:

Hurray for an update and less than two weeks until Disneyland!!! Can't wait to hear about the reveal! I have a friend that just went to California recently -- they spent the day at Disneyland, and she loved the HM overlay -- she said it was so neat!

Love your Scotland pictures! It is just like I envisioned! The grounds of Holyrood are gorgeous! I love all those old ruins and stonework! :lovestruc So, no to the Haggis and whiskey? :laughing: I don't think I could even contemplate trying them, but I would be all about the shepherd's pie, fish and chips, and fried Mars bars! :thumbsup2 After all, you have to keep your energy up climbing all those hills in Edinburgh! :lmao:

I am cracking up over your boys trying to move the blocks on the Washington Monument! :rotfl:

Hey there!!!! Tell me about it!!!! I missed my own single digit countdown!!!! We leave a week from TOMORROW!!!! :scared1: I am so behind! This fall trip just crept up on me!

Oh that rib-sticking food is perfect for the climate, let me tell you! AND it is a beautiful place -- scotland in general is amazing. With the Washington Monument, that was a random "boy" moment for sure! :laughing:

Your Scotland pictures are aaaaaamazing!

My brother and his wife went to England and Scotland this past summer, they have been to England before as his wife's family is English and they visit quite often. My brother said as much as he loves England he couldn't get over how beautiful Scotland was. I really want to go there someday!

Thanks LL! Well if you get a chance, you need to go! It is truly breathtaking!

Love your photos of Scotland. I'd love to visit one day.
I can't belive your Halloween trip is so close! It's amazing how it just sneaks up on you. I'm in shock that the NCTE convention at the YC is only a month away. Since school started, I haven't been keeping track.

Can't wait to see the camping photos.

I know I know I can't believe it is so close too!! It really has snuck up on me and how!

I so want to visit Scotland one day!! Just to stand on the cliffs and let the wind blow through my hair!! What amazing pictures and it sounds like you guys had an amazing time!!

Now I want Fish and Chips for dinner!! LOL!!!

I can't wait to find out how you plan to reveal this trip to the boys!!! Going to be a great surprise I'm sure!!!!!

I am going to reveal the reveal this weekend I promise! I am laughing about the wind in your hair... LOL!!! :laughing: Too cute! Writing all of that made ME want fish and chips for dinner, too!!!!

Thanks for posting all the Scotland pictures! My DH spent a year of college studying in Aberdeen, Scotland, so it was neat to see those pics. He recognized a lot of things in your pics.

Can't wait to hear about the big reveal!

Scotland really is pretty -- big reveal coming up this weekend!

I loved the Scotland pictures! I so so so want to go someday, just gorgeous!!!!!!!

Not so sure about the fried mars bar though.

:lmao:

13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So much fun.

13 days is now 8!!!! :faint:

Fried Mars Bars are kinda like gooey smores... but no marshmallow... so I guess not like smores at all... :laughing:

What a super update!
Scotland just looks fantastic, I would love to see it some day. I am a Harry Potter fan so thank you for that picture!!!

Those boys of yours never fail to put a smile on my face. Such the little goofs! Just push over the Washington Monument, can you imagine if it had moved?:rotfl2:

Can't wait to hear all about the big reveal!

Thanks WigD!!! It was a fun one to write! It is a pretty place. The White Elephant is a neat cafe. Good stuffed tatties! (baked potatoes).

They are characters, I know! I think I will have plenty of pics to share after our fall trip! ;)

Big reveal coming up this weekend!

Gorgeous pictures from Scotland, I so want to visit one day!

I can't believe you are under 2 weeks already until your California trip, it got here so fast! Can't wait to hear about the reveal!

I know I cant believe it is here, either!!! :eek: More this weekend! :thumbsup2

Wow - Amazing Scotland pictures!!! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear about your reveal! popcorn::

Thanks!!! Coming soon!!!

Wow your pics definatley do Edinburgh justice, it is a beautiful city :thumbsup2 The edinburgh tattoo always brings in the crowds and is a great show to watch. I am with you on the haggis and whiskey! Although the kids like it, we tend to only have it on rabbie burns night, this is at the beginning of the year. A reveal how exciting that will be popcorn:: We do like to decorate our houses for halloween now also although a few lights and some pumpkins is as far as it goes. I am way behind on my TR, hectic schedules have interputed DISing :sad2: We have had some time to do some preparatory planning for our 2012 cruise which is exciting :goodvibes

Oh I hear you on the hectic schedule! I have been so behind myself! 2012 cruise??!! Great! We just paid off our President's day cruise!! getting ready to schedule our Paolo's dinner and tea!

Ooooh I loved your pictures of Scotland! It is just as I pictured. Must be amazing hearing so many different bagpipers. Over Labor Day weekend there was a woman playing a bagpipe being driven around in a boat. It was pretty cool and we were all hotting and hollerin for her!
Can't wait for your big reveal! You always have the BEST ideas.....you should video it and send it in to Disney so you can be on tv ;)
Yes, getting ready for F&W....leaving Saturday am :goodvibes Heading straight over to Epcot to meet up with Melissa and C before they go home. :) I am sooooooo ready to go!! Cosmo Slushie here I come!

Tracy

YAY COSMO SLUSHIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE have one for me... or two...:rolleyes: I will get my act together for the reveal hear shortly.. looking forward to that! I will share it this weekend. YOU will be going off for F & W this weekend, though, so enjoy!!! Have fun meeting C and Melissa! How neat!!!! Scotland is a great place to visit. I fall in love with the place every time we go!

Hi!

Welcome to the DL boards! :welcome: We are like family here!:grouphug:

I love your PTR and all of your pics are wonderful!

You will love the HM overlay! My DD and I love the overlay more than the original. I know....blasphemous. :snooty:

Be sure to check out Big Thunder Ranch for the carved pumpkins, and the Ray Bradbury Halloween Tree in Frontierland. Space Mountain has a Halloween overlay also. :thumbsup2

Have a pumpkin muffin for me! Yum! Or an Apple Pie Caramel Apple! :love:

You will love staying at the Grand! The location can not be beat!
DTD, is right there and so fun to watch everything. If you need a place to eat the first night, one of my favorites is the Jazz Kitchen. Request a table on the balcony, overlooking DTD. :love: If that is too fancy, then there is always the Rainforest or ESPN Zone.

Have your boys been on Indy Jones? Or Pirates at DL?

Well I am excited for you. If you have any questions, please ask away! :)

Looking forward to your report back.
Have a wonderful time! :cool1:

Hello! HI, and thanks for the "welcome" :goodvibes

We are definitely looking forward to the trip. Disney is just a part of the fun. But I am excited for sure! I am not sure what our plans will be the night we get there b/c it will be SOOOO late and even LATER for us on eastcoast time! But I am sure we will figure something out. We ate once at a mexican restaurant, at DTD, which we liked. SO we may go there... My kids have never been to DL or DCA. Only WDW. We are excited to take them in a WEEK!!!!! :yay:

Thank you for all the tips on the fun at Disneyland!!! I can't wait!!! And I will probably eat a muffin for you AND me... LOL!

Woot woot another happydog report. I loved the Nightmare before xmas overlay on the Haunted Mansion. Let me know what you think of it. :goodvibes

KIM

Hi! Thanks! I will! So much to see -- I am starting to panic a little!!! :scared:

Hi everyone!

I am woefully behind in this update, I just finally got to answering responses and I soooo appreciate you all being here with me as I count down the final week before our trip!!! :scared1:

I have a few more responses to get to, will do that tonight, then a real update hopefully later tonight as well, and the reveal this weekend.

I am currently at a hotel on a site visit for a school, so I am super busy with that... and out of sorts with everything else I have to do!!!! So I have not forgotten this PTR! AND I should be updating more frequently in the next few days as we make the final WEEK's countdown!!

SO stay tuned, and thanks for staying with me!!!

Beautiful Pictures. Your trip is coming up really soon, I bet you're super excited. I'm excited for you.

Have a blast!

Yaaaaaaaay!!! I FINALLY made it in time for one of your PTR's!! I always try to subscribe AFTER you're done writing and the DIS tells me that the page is no longer accepting subscribers. :guilty: You would not believe how many of your TR's are bookmarked on my computer for easy referencing. :lmao: It was actually your Xmas TR that lead me to plan my Mommy and Me Xmas WDW trip for this coming December. I even completely copied one night of yours. :rolleyes1 I booked Hoop Dee Doo to be followed by the Sleigh Ride around FW. Thank you SO MUCH for posting that. I have never heard about the sleigh ride and I know my DD will just LOVE it. It's going to be a surprise for her.

She and I LOVE Nightmare Before Christmas and LOVE the Nightmare overlay. (Did I mention we're DL AP's and head up there ALL the time??)

Hi there! Well welcome to my PTR! And soon to be TR b/c by the time I really get rolling it will be time to go!!!! :laughing:

Christmas time is a great time, you will so enjoy the world! I can't wait to be there that first weekend after Thanksgiving! So much fun! I love the Holiday spirit at WDW! It will be so much fun for you! :santa: The sleigh ride is amazing. I am glad I gave you some ideas!!! :thumbsup2

Oh my, you would hate my family. My mom just put our Christmas Tree up this weekend. :lmao: We went to Disneyland on Fri/Sat and as usual, got sucked into the ornament shop. Well, I guess that was enough for my DM. When we got home she sent dad out to the garage to dig out the tree and it is now up and in all it's glory!! :rotfl: But we try to tie it in. I usually put mine up on Halloween night and play "Nightmare Before Christmas" on tv or play the soundtrack as Trick or Treaters come up. Thank you Tim Burton, for making it okay for my family to be nuts!! :lmao:
CHRISTMAS TREE NOW??!!!??!! :eek: Okay I could see the incentive with disney ornaments -- I know that I am uber excited to put mine up, this year I have a separate Disney-only tree! :thumbsup2 I think watching Nightmare before Christmas would be a great way to decorate your xmas tree!

I am so jealous! I just had to cancel almost all of our ADR's for December because we are downgrading to the QS DP. I had Le Chefs booked because DD LOVES Ratatouille and I knew she would have gotten such a thrill from seeing Remy. The bright side is that we downgraded in order to get another trip in for February!! :cool1:
We just stayed there this weekend. DVC Studio. Let me know if you'd like some pics??
OH I would love a pic or two if you have some! SURE!! :thumbsup2

I would tell you a QS plan at Christmas could be a good thing, though, b/c it will be really busy. Might make it easier for you. AND two trips is always better than one! :thumbsup2

We did this exact package the day that WOC opened to the public and let me sadly say...it was terrible!!! :sad2: The restaurant was completely empty, so I have NO idea why it took our dinner over an HOUR to come to the table...cold! :scared1: We never got a bread basket. Our waiter was MIA for most of the dinner, our drinks were NEVER refilled, and once we left the restaurant the WOC CM's didn't seem to know what was going on or where to send us. I am hoping and sending you pixie dust pixiedust: that your experience trumps ours. I'm hoping that it was just because it was the first night of a new ordeal and that they have worked out the kinks by now. The bright side was that our view for WOC was AMAZING!!! :3dglasses :cloud9: I don't know if you'll find this a bonus or a spoiler...but from that restaurant you can completely hear the first show. The venues are very near each other.

Well, hopefully they have gotten the kinks out, yes! :scared: I will cross my fingers. I am sure hearing the music ahead of time will be fine -- I have listened to it on the pod cast myself, so that is fine.

Would you believe...I live right down the street from Legoland?? :wave2:

Just sayin'... :rolleyes1

That is funny! Small world! I am not sure what our plans are entirely, but I will keep that in mind! ;)

I've got to throw this in there too...

I totally love following your family through DIS. I've been telling my mom that she needs to get on here and read your TR's because your family is so great and the kiddos are just too cute!!! Any time DISers have a question about WDW Xmas, I point them in the direction of your TR to help them out. :rotfl: "Oh! Check out HappyDog's HO! HO! HO! TR. It's great!!"

I can only say THANK YOU, and that is really nice, and all I can hope is that my TR is helpful. And gets people excited for Christmas at DISNEY!!!! :yay:

Hello, I'm EnchantedPlayroom's DM and she has convinced me to join your PTR so here I am,
I hope you don't mind a lurker.
:surfweb:

Well, HELLO! So YOU are the Christmas tree before Halloween mom, huh? :rotfl:

Thanks for stopping over and joining the fun! Lurk away, but say HI, too!!! :goodvibes

Good grief, I cant believe it, but as sure as I type it and look at my ticker, we are OFF for CA a week from YESTERDAY, ONE week!

I can't believe it really, and now it being Saturday, we have SIX nights before our trip!!!!
GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

SO let me get these updates going!!!! :rotfl:

The weather finally turned fall-ish! And so a few weeks ago I was inspired to haul out the fall decorations!!! Sadly, since we will not be home for Halloween, I won’t be bringing out the mother load of ghoulish decorations this year… BUT I think it is a small price to pay for Halloween in DISNEYLAND!!! This is my front porch...

Familystuff2010153.jpg

Familystuff2010154.jpg

So, speaking of Disneyland…

I have been reading my book, and scouring the DIS for info. I will put a post together for these updates soon. But I do have some fun pre-trip info to share.

We have figured out our “reveal” for the kids!!!:yay:

When I was at Target a few weeks ago, I found then selling “Count Chocola” and “Frankenberry” cereal… remember these?

Disney001.jpg

Well I bought two boxes at Target, and we plan to empty the box of cereal, and fill the box with “treats” and a surprise announcement for each of them!!!

SO far I have all the packaged candy I bought at Disney this summer (candy I hid! :laughing:) and I bought each of them a themed movie...

Disney003.jpg

DS8 has just started reading Harry Potter, he is only on book 2 and really likes them. SO I figured the first original movie would be fun!

I plan to find a few more "trinkets" to put in the boxes.... I wanted to include a little “Disney” and a little CA fun in the box, not exclusively Disneyland, and thought the candy and movies, and some other fun would do the trick. We will give them these boxes the night before the trip. So they are “ready” to go, and wont be totally surprised, b/c I have to take them out of school an hour early... Away from their class parties... :scared:

We pick them up on Friday the 29th early from school, they will be in their costume! And then straight to the airport… half of me is wanting to take them straight to the airport in their costume, but I know they will not be comfortable!!! :laughing:

Speaking of costumes, okay okay, I CAVED. If you remember from last year, I have made Halloween costumes for each of them since they were born! BUT... I am not going to make costumes this year. With the trip to California and so many work-related details to sort out, I really need to get my act together. When I asked the kids about Halloween, they both wanted to be star wars characters. So for this occasion, I went ahead and bought costumes. DS8 is going to be Boba Fett, since he has the nice helmet from this summer, and DS5 wants to be Jango Fett. So I bought both costumes online, and they have the appropriate blasters as well. Good grief, these costumes are NOT cheap!!! But we can wear them at Disneyland on Halloween, too, so I know they will get a few good days out of them! And I suspect they will fit for a little while.

Now since we are on the topic of Starwars, take a look at these two boys, who were absolutely thrilled to receive a fabulous care package in the mail from Jackie, Charleston Princess on the DIS!, who sent my guys some goodies from her son’s CLONE WARS B-Day party. WHAT a great gimmick for a Birthday Party, and they totally loved what she sent them!! The goodie bags came with all sorts of fun, including an action figure, access codes to the Clone Wars site, and coupons and stickers! Totally up their alley!!! Thanks again, CP!!!!

Familystuff2010142.jpg

Familystuff2010143.jpg

Familystuff2010144.jpg

Now, I do have a few more odds and ends to share, but I will have to post again b/c I realize some of those photos are on my other camera.

Coming to you soon. Really!!! :hmghost:

Your porch looks so festive, I love it!

What a fun way to surprise the boys, you are so clever :thumbsup2

Halloween costumes are ridiculously expensive aren't they? At least in taking them to DL with you, you'll get more than one day's use out of them. I'm kinda sad about Halloween this year, Jared told me that he doesn't want to dress up, he's decided he's too old for it. :sad2: He just turned 10! I guess having an older brother pushed him to that decision a little earlier than I would have liked.

Your porch looks so festive, I love it!

What a fun way to surprise the boys, you are so clever :thumbsup2

Halloween costumes are ridiculously expensive aren't they? At least in taking them to DL with you, you'll get more than one day's use out of them. I'm kinda sad about Halloween this year, Jared told me that he doesn't want to dress up, he's decided he's too old for it. :sad2: He just turned 10! I guess having an older brother pushed him to that decision a little earlier than I would have liked.

Awe, that is sad! I'm lucky that my kids are so young and I have many years of Halloween fun ahead of me. It will be my babies first halloween and he'll be the cutest monkey ever! :) My oldest is going to be a fairy, while her cousins want to be something completely opposite of "cute"! A dead bride and a dead prom queen. :lmao: They'll all look so great trick-or-treating this year.

Happydog:::: I agree your porch looks really great, and I love your idea on surprising your kids. I saw those cereal packages at Target the other day and was tempted to buy some myself.

So glad the boys enjoyed their Star Wars package!!! :goodvibes

Your front porch looks great! Love all those mums! We are off to the pumpkin patch this afternoon to get our pumpkins.

Love the reveal! Connor was about DS8's age when he started reading the Harry Potter books! He loved all of them! (The third one is my favorite. :laughing:) You know...now that he is reading the HP books and about to start watching the movies, you may have to plan on taking him to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. :thumbsup2

The costumes sound adorable! You are right about the prices on them. This year, I asked the kids if they would rather do something Halloween-themed instead of buying costumes that they wear once. They were all for it, but now I have to think of something suitably fun to make up for it. :laughing: I should have planned a Disney trip. LOL!

Five nights until you leave!!! :banana:

Followed you over from MeMom's TR. I have always wanted to go to Disneyland but I do not like to fly. Maybe one day I will get up the courage. Can't wait to see the boys reaction on the big reveal. Very cool idea.

Your porch looks so amazing!! Very nice!!! I have a nice covered area that I'm trying to find some ideas to decorate with!!!

What a great idea for the reveal!!!! AWESOME and so creative!!!

YAY for Star Wars goodies and costumes!!! Can't wait to see the boys in their getups!

Uh, yeah... packing? Nope. Finished with the cereal box "surprises" ? Nope. Manicure & Pedicure? Nope. Hmmmmm..... one thousand other random things that have to be done before I leave my house for a week? Nope, nope, and Nope.

:scared1:

Okay, okay, let me try that again.

:faint:

Seriously. Who am I kidding.

:idea: Hmmmm.... I know! I know!

Lets NOT go.

:rotfl2:

FAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Chance. ;)

More on the way!!! I may be a nervous twitching over-caffinated and exhausted wreck before I get on that plane Friday, BUT it wouldn't be a DISNEY vacation otherwise, RIGHT???? :laughing:

Lots to share, just have to get my behind in gear!

Oh. One last item. I may not have had time for packing and preparing for the trip, you know those trivial requirements for week-long vacations, BUT I did manage to order a new Vera. ;)

You KNOW I have MY priorities straight. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter