One extra day in Port/Orlando area- what to do?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tukkerlove, Mar 2, 2013.

1. tukkerlove

tukkerlove Mouseketeer

Hi! We are going on a 7 day cruise on the Disney Fantasy in June. We will be debarking on Saturday June 15th and will have both the 15th & 16th to enjoy the area.

I wanted to do a day doing something a bit bigger with the second day being more a beach day (we'll be staying at Cocoa Beach). We will have a rental car so transportation is not an issue.

We do not want to do WDW as we were there last year and want to try something new. We have a 7 year old son who is still under 48" and ride-timid so I think we'd miss a lot at Universal (maybe I'm wrong).

I was considering doing one of the waterparks (TL, BB or Aquatica) but I'm fearful it will just be more standing in line than actually being on a slide since it would be summer on a weekend- any thoughts?

Sea World, is that any good?

Anything else I'm missing that would give us a good day experience or recommendations on the above? Oh I did look at going to the NASA museum but that got really mixed reviews so I've crossed that off my list. Help please!!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MissDaisyofTexas

MissDaisyofTexas DIS Veteran

How about Legoland? They have a lot of tame but cool rides there. My boys loved it!

4. NCConch

NCConch Mouseketeer

The Kennedy Space Center is cool. St Augustine is nice. There is a lot to do in Daytona.

5. MCO mama

MCO mama Mouseketeer

SeaWorld gets my vote :thumbsup2

6. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

Even though it is not a long ride are you planning on driving back and forth from Cocoa to Orlando Both days?

And where are you flying out of?

I think the Space Center was horrble that is just my opinion.

LegoLand is a great thought.

There is also the GO ORLANDO card, we did this on 2 week stay in orlando, between park days, and you can see a lot of little things you may never do other wise.

Like..... Wonder works, ripleys, gator land

I just looked it up, also has lego land, space center.....etc

7. stsomewhere

stsomewhere DIS Veteran

Airboat ride, discovery cove, hanging out by the pool, universal,

8. Happy100

Happy100 DIS Veteran

About 4 yrs back we had a couple extra days in Orlando. We did the Space center and Downtown Disney. Bad idea. Space center was rather dated and therefore boring. Downtown Disney is really good for shopping and eating only. If I had it to do over I would do Sea World, Lego Land or another park. :cool1:

9. tukkerlove

tukkerlove Mouseketeer

We are only going to do one day somewhere else- whether it's Orlando or elsewhere- whether it's the day we get off the boat or the next remains to be seen. The other will be a relaxing beach day at Cocoa Beach. I had heard the Space Center is pretty dated- my son isn't really into space anyway so that seemed like a no-brainer.

I assume the waterparks are as I would expect- lots of lines? (this will be a mid-June trip, and it would be a weekend visit.

Thanks for the ideas so far!

10. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

Have you thought about doing the Disney resort close by in Vero beach.

You could have the best of all worlds

beach, disney, and they sure offer a day full of events for kids.

when me and DH went there the pool was full of avtivities and the views are great. the ocean is right out the door. There is a great place to eat there...

11. dizzi

dizzi DIS Veteran

And to answer your question, yes When we did Sea World we did LOVE it.

It is most relaxing ot of any park i think, GREAT shows!!!

We also did the Dinner that is held by the whale tank.....nice!!

A to give you a little thrill there is a roller coaster!!! And a water ride i think too.

12. Stitch'sCousin

Stitch'sCousin DIS Veteran