1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

"One Disney Day...With NO PARKS"

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by MINNIEmeetsTINK, Jul 8, 2012.

1. MINNIEmeetsTINK

MINNIEmeetsTINK Earning My Ears

HELLO!!!!
    Hi everyone... well at least Hello to Someone (hopefully) :)

My name is Ashley and I just returned, about an hour ago, from a SUPER SHORT weekend in Orlando.

This weekend was suppose to be a NON-DISNEY :sad2: weekend to Celebrate my DBF/Skippy 's 22nd Birthday ... however with a little scheming ;) I was able to make it on property with Skippy (who had never even been to Orlando before) let alone Disney.

There is sooo much to tell for such a short trip AND it will be my first Mini-Trip Report!
    I'm excited to share it with you all! Be back tomorrow with photos and Our Leaving aka Day 1!

P.S. Please excuse Grammer and Spelling because though I have a degree it is definatly NOT in English. Its actually in Communication Studies aka I speak MUCH better than I write. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

I'm in! Looking forward to hearing about your quick trip.

4. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

Our last Orlando trip I never got to any WDW parks. :( We toured a bunch of the resorts, though, and I decided that if I were staying onsite, I'd probably want to skip the parks anyhow. :p

So I'm looking forward to your report. :)

5. MINNIEmeetsTINK

Hello to Both of yoU!

I know I promised pictures and an update (and I promise you will still get them)! Right now Im running to see BRAVE with Skippy to complete his Birthday weekend!

So excited to get back!

Oh and I'll leave you with this quote from the trip:
    As we were walking around the Polynesian...
    Skippy, "NEXT TIME we come we are Springing to stay at this place!"
    pixiedust:

It made me sooo happy!

6. Celizd

Celizd Earning My Ears

cant wait to see pics!!! we love doing Disney without the parks.....we live so close, so we dont visit the parks during summer, but visit almost every weekend the rest of the year. so our summers are for resorts! love it :beach:

7. MINNIEmeetsTINK

So let me begin with the 5W’s

Who:

Myself- Minniemeetstink (bet you can’t guess my favorite characters)-Ashley

[​IMG]

^^^This was me about a week before at a VBS kickoff party^^^

College Graduate, Disney Obsessed, and mother to a sweet doxie named Bunny. I grew up going to Disney at least once a year since I was 10 and a few times before that. We ALWAYS stayed on property and I never knew anything outside the ALLStars unless you count a 3night trip to POFQ.

DBF-Skippy

[​IMG]

^^^At the Avengers Premier (he made the entire costume himself, including the shield)^^^

Never been to Disney (loves the Movies but doesn’t “get” my obsession with the World). He is a lover DC comics and a College Student working on a degree in Mechanical Engineering. He loves movies, comics, and figuring out how things work.

My Sweet Doxie- Bunny
    About a 1.5 years old my little Man.

[​IMG]

What:
    Skippy’s 22nd Birthday Trip to Orlando

Originally we were visiting Bryson City NC, which is in the Mountains for a camping, hiking, and whitewater-rafting trip. This is on the complete opposite side of NC from where we live (about a 6 hour drive)….

Then I found a Laser Tag Company that had 6 different arenas indoors and outdoors located in Orlando FL. (Skippy and I play every Sunday night at a local arena…its amazing and a great workout!)

[​IMG]

Once I found this Skippy had to know if we could do this instead. Was it feasible?

Well my first thought was if we can go to Orlando MAYBE I could take Skippy on to Property! So I do the math and it is actually only $40 more to go to FL. So 2 days before we are scheduled to leave for the mountains our plans do a 180 and we are going to Orlando instead Woo Hoo!

When:

July 5th-7th
    Skippy’s Birthday is the 6th

Where:

Extended Stay Deluxe Suites – Lake Buena Vista

I found a deal for $38 a night here last minute on Priceline and couldn’t pass it up! With taxes it was like $93 for two nights. Which was an amazing deal IMHO. I was scared to death at first but let me say this room was large, comfy, and more than minimal. I would defiantly stay here again.

Why:

For Skippy’s Birthday and Laser Tag
    I must admit I had ulterior motives and as soon as Orlando came into play my first question was if we could please go to DTD one day for a little light shopping aka I am going to take you on Property and make you fall in love so we can have an official trip one day soon.

Next up Day 1 Will we ever leave????

SN: All photos are from an Iphone (Sorry for the Quality)

8. MINNIEmeetsTINK

SO i got kind of discouraged after no one responded and then I completly forgot about this report when I realized I had a link to it in my signature...:rolleyes1
    So I am going to try and continue with a post tonight if anyone is reading :)

9. shalom

shalom DIS Veteran

I'm reading. :) I subscribed and I know I intended to comment on your DBF's cool Captain America costume; must have spaced out there. :confused3 Or meybe it was up the time my cat flaked the computer out on me. :cat: If I cleaned my desk off, she'd probably quit walking over the keyboard. :rolleyes1

10. MINNIEmeetsTINK

Shalom :

She would probley still walk on the computer... My grandmother's cat has his very own desk like 5ft by 3ft and still manages to lay on the computer's keyboard (on a completly different desk).

Speaking of animals Bunny (my dog) has a tendency to lay on my laptop too... maybe there is just something about electronics and animals :confused3

Skippy was very proud of his costume... since he made it from scratch in 2 days :rolleyes:

So I definatly didnt post last night :sad2: I forgot but I will get one up by Saturday... I've already forgotten sooo much but at least I remember the important parts ;)

11. RachelCheyenne

RachelCheyenne Earning My Ears

Joining in!

I'm interested to see how this all plays out! I love seeing how sneaky plans work out :)

12. momjeeps

momjeeps DIS Veteran

I'm still here too. :)

13. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

....probably due to everyone's GREEN-WITH-ENVY emotions over the 'Quick Disney Weekend' aspect of your TR....at least, I know that I certainly am....:snooty: [ ;) :rotfl:]

14. kimmar067

kimmar067 TAGS?? It's all about the 'likes' now!

...then, how in the world did you miss MY trippies???!?! :eek: [ :rolleyes1 popcorn:: ]

15. bennynick18

bennynick18 Disney College Program Alumni

I'm following along now. Excited to see where you end up on Property!