• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

one day trip questions

lenzs4

Mouseketeer
My daughter will be dancing in DLP on Sunday June 5. It is a one day stop for a European tour she gets to participate in.
I would like a list a must see differences in themes and attractions... and I am not seeing that information anywhere. My DD is 13.
I think we have park hoppers so I am interested in both parks, if it is worth it to hop, which park I should plan to spend most of my time, where to go first and about when I should hop to see the best stuff....

Also, I have disney gift cards and disney reward point cards. Do these work in DLP? I do not want to count on them and find out it doesn't transfer because it is a different form of currency or something.

Thanks for any advice or help,
Shirley

The gift cards and rewards are not valid in Disneyland Paris due to them being a different currency.

Hopefully someone else will be along to answer about what is different to WDW as I have never been there

Thank you.
This is what I have found searching several boards and blogs....

Dreams is the best from all Disney parks and is a must see if we get to stay until closing.

Studios is a very different park than what we have in the states and we should focus on: crush coaster, toy story land, Ratatoullie - if open and stop in for a visit to Walts for a peek at the Club 33 copy elevator

DLP must see differences - Space, BTR, Castle, Adventure Island, Indiana and Haunted...

Please post if I missed something or you have any other touring advice for me. You feedback is much appreciated. I am a visit Disney for a week at leisure type person and going for one day has me frustrated... BUT at least I get to see it.

Dreams is definitely a must see, if your going beginning of June then Ratatouille will not be open unless a soft opening, it's not due to open until July I think Look for the dragon under the Castle and pretty much what else you have found Space mountain is quite rough and has inversions and a loop which I understand is totally different to WDW

Walts is in the Disneyland park not the Studios

Pirates at DLP is longer than at WDW I think. BTM is also on a sort of Island so different, and the haunted mansion is creepier I think...

Our Pirates is the longest version - comes in at over 9 min?utes and also set out differently (original layput with no Captain Jack either, which I much prefer!)
Also Phantom Manor has a different background story and is different from the Haunted Mansion (it incorporates the mining town around Big Thunder Mountain).

I think that the shows stitch live, cinemagique and animagique in the studios are also unique to Paris and well worth watching. :goodvibes

OH - great thanks!!

Those of you there, or that have been, do you think it is possible, on a June Sunday, to see both parks and dance. We are on a schedule, I think we arrive around 9AM, at some point in the AM they dance - that should eat up an hour or 2, We leave before closing because we have dinner scheduled at 6:30 in Paris. I think I heard it is a 45 minute drive...?

I want to see all of both parks but am at least trying to see all the differences listed here.

Castle dragon, Indiana, Haunted, Pirates
Crush Coaster, Animagique?, Cinamagique, stitch

If time: adventure island, toy story land, ratatouille (hoping for a soft opening), Walts - just to see elevator not eat,

Maybe RocknR Roller Coaster and I think I saw that there was an Armageddeon?

Oh and also,...
If I get there and see that it is impossible to do it all... Which of my list above is must do/skip
Which park is the one you would do if you could only do one....

Also, for timing, which park should I go to first, about what time do you usually hop over to the other...

I have it down to a science here in the USA and don't want to be fighting crowds in a location if I could be elsewhere with no crowds!

Thank you for all the help you have given me and any future ideas!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter