One day or Two?

prairiesarah

Mouseketeer
Wondering if any US/IOA regulars can give any advice... We are planning a trip to Orlando in December with my DH's extended family. My inlaws are taking the 3 grandkids (9, 10, 10) down a week ahead of my DH and I and BIL/SIL. They are planning to take the kids to US/IOA primarily to see all the Harry Potter stuff as the kids are big fans. Anyway, I am wondering if they need one day or two to see everything? They probably won't be riding a ton of rides as I think a lot of the rides (ie, Hulk Coaster or any of the thrill rides etc) are too intense for the kids. We definitely will be getting park to park passes so that they can ride the Hogwarts express. We are wanting to buy tickets ahead of time, but I'm just trying to gauge whether one day is sufficient (long day is ok for them) or whether it might be best to do over two. Also, if they only buy one day tickets, can they add on the second day before they leave if they decided they wanted a second day?

when in december ?
knowing when you will be there, will help in answering your question of how many days will be a necessity.

for me, i would always choose 2 day park to park pass as there will be other things besides potter the boys will want to do while in the parks.

early december is a great time for low crowds.
the week going into christmas, crowds build.
after christmas and up to new years, the parks are quite crowded and busy.

I think most people here are going to agree with macraven that 2 days are the way to go. Going in December, in addition to the regular things, both parks will have their Christmas offerings. While not as extensive as Disney they are worth checking out.

Universal Studios Florida has Macy's Holiday Parade every afternoon and Mannheim Steamroller (on December 5, 6, 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2015). They also have Christmas versions of several of their shows. IOA has Grinchmas with a How the Grinch Stole Christmas show. It is a hybrid between the live action and the cartoon version.

Also, in addition to Harry Potter there are quite a few attractions that wouldn't be considered "thrill rides". Despicable Me, Men in Black, E.T, Shrek 4d, Cat in the Hat, Sky in the High Seuss Trolley. On the slightly more thrilling side, you have Spiderman and Transformers. And that's just to mention a few.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter