One credit left...what would you book?

WeeScotchLass

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm visiting for 14 days later this year on the DDP and cannot wait Disney and food - can't beat it IMO :)

I'm under my 180 days (+10) and have booked in to my first choice restaurants but still have 1 credit left to use, where would you eat? Or is there anything that you would change?

So far I have:
Crystal Palace (breakfast) - family tradition so is a definite
Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner) - new experience for us
Sanaa
Cape May Cafe - new experience for us
The Wave...of American Flavours
The Turf Club Bar and Grill - new experience for us
Be Our Guest- new experience for us
Artist Point - new experience for us
Kona Cafe - new experience for us
Captains Grille
California Grill

My DBF and I eat everything and are not fussy in the slightest so please give any recommendations that you have!!! Also if there are any places that you would definitely not go to please let me know.

TIA

WSL x

'Ohana
Boma
50's Primetime Cafe
Liberty Tree Tavern
Chefs de France - haven't been- but ready to try!

Crystal Palace (breakfast) - family tradition so is a definite - Went when DS was younger and loved it!
Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner) - new experience for us - Have never been, and have heard it's not for the shy.
Sanaa - Have never been / no help.
Cape May Cafe - new experience for us - Have never been, but almost booked on last trip.
The Wave...of American Flavours - Went for the first time in February and loved it!
The Turf Club Bar and Grill - new experience for us - Have never been / no help.
Be Our Guest- new experience for us - Avoided this, but mostly because DS is less adventurous eater. I think from your description you'll like it.
Artist Point - new experience for us - Have never been / no help.
Kona Cafe - new experience for us - Have never been / no help.
Captains Grille - Have never been / no help.
California Grill - Have never been, but have heard good things from friends.

As for the extra credit, it depends on which park/resort you want to eat at. We have enjoyed (in no particular order):
Garden Grill at Epcot (good food, great character interaction...and it spins)
SciFi Dine-In Theater at DHS (just fun)
Tony's in MK (but we were inside, I have heard "glass room" can be noisy)

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK (way back when it had characters, but IIRC it's also kind of cool and quiet - a nice break from the rush)
Tusker House (Donald's Breakfast) at AK
Rainforest Café at DTD (this one is noisy, but worth it)
Boatwright's at POR

Someday I want to do Fulton's Crab House, but that's 2 credits. If somebody convinces you to drop one of the others, I'd add this one.

Another fun thing to do is pick a restaurant based on a resort you're thinking of staying at next time. It gives you a chance to explore a bit.

'Ohana
Liberty Tree Tavern

Thank you FigmentMommy I havent been to Liberty Tree Tavern in YEARS but remember loving it! Ohana is my go to every time I'm unsure where to book so I'm trying to break away a little :sunny:

As for the extra credit, it depends on which park/resort you want to eat at. We have enjoyed (in no particular order):
Garden Grill at Epcot (good food, great character interaction...and it spins)
SciFi Dine-In Theater at DHS (just fun)
Tony's in MK (but we were inside, I have heard "glass room" can be noisy)

Liberty Tree Tavern in MK (way back when it had characters, but IIRC it's also kind of cool and quiet - a nice break from the rush)
Tusker House (Donald's Breakfast) at AK
Rainforest Café at DTD (this one is noisy, but worth it)
Boatwright's at POR

Another vote for Liberty Tree Tavern...it might be a winner! I hadn't realised it was no longer a character meal. DBF will be pleased about that:rotfl2:

Liberty Tree Tavern lunch is better....It's a la carte (you can still get the Thanksgiving type meal, but not all you can eat), so you can get the FAMOUS and oh so delicious Ooey Gooey Cake for dessert.

One question, you say 14 DAYS. Are you staying 14 NIGHTS? The DDP is based on the nights you stay, not the days you play.

If OHana is not an option, my vote is Liberty Tree Tavern. We love that restaurant and are disappointed that they are closed for our trip this year.

Is Ohana a good use of DDP?
I am one night solo before meeting my mom and going to purchase the Deluxe (or higher?) before we go but
I want to maximize my plan. I have PAP and staying at Poly.

My favorite place to eat on Disney property is Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Fantastic meal and if you go for dinner, you can watch Irish step dancers and music. If you like seafood, the Scallop Forest appetizer is worth the out of pocket price!

If you're going to have an AK day, I vote for a Boma reservation after the park closes (usually early when I'm there in fall). Tried it based on DIS recommendations this past Oct and loved it!

I would throw another breakfast in there...Boma's is good. Liberty Tree Tavern would be my pick for dinner! I also see you don't have any Epcot restaurants on your list. Maybe try Spice Road Table around Illuminations time?

Fourteen days? Or fourteen nights? If it's days, that's thirteen nights and you don't have at credits left over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter