One Choice: Flying Fish or Yachtsman?

undertheseaforme

Earning My Ears
Can't decide between Flying Fish or Yachtsman Steakhouse. 2 adults, no kids. Can only pick one for dinner the rest of our ADR's are booked. Never bern to either. Thanks!

We really liked the "new" Flying Fish. Service and food were wonderful, and the atmosphere is more quiet, and geared towards adults rather than families. If you are only interested in steak, then I would go to Yachtsman.

They are just so different. I have not been to the "new" Flying Fish, but I can say that the "old" FF was one of my favorites. I cannot comment on the atmosphere now, but I loved the energy that was there prior to the renovation.

The YSH is a favorite as well. You will find families there, but the food and service will be excellent. Choose this one if you want steak.

We dined at Flying Fish 2 weeks ago. We found the food to be good (not great), and overpriced even for Disney.

We dined at Flying Fish 2 weeks ago. We found the food to be good (not great), and overpriced even for Disney.

Well that's not good! My ADR is for the 10th. I hope that you experienced an anomoly....I really do!

I've never been to Flying Fish (pre or post refurb), but I found Yachtsman to be very salty :(

Well that's not good! My ADR is for the 10th. I hope that you experienced an anomoly....I really do!

In no way was it a bad meal. Service was fine and we liked the food. I expected better. At home we are spoiled by having a lot of excellent restaurants to choose from between Baltimore and DC. I can do better for less $$ at home.

I agree with this. We went to the new Flying Fish in August and we were not impressed. The food was mediocre at best and the service was terrible. The best part of our evening was the pre-dinner cocktails at AbracadaBAR.

If you aren't on the dining plan and want to eat in the EP area, I would actually recommend picking a restaurant at Swan/Dolphin. Il Mulino, bluezoo and Shula's are much better than FF and Yachtsman.

We usually go to Flying Fish but now with their menu change they don't have the NY strip with the sauce to die for, so we will be going to Yachtmen steak house this trip.

We haven't been to the new Flying Fish yet. Not rushing to go either as the menu just doesn't inspire us like the old one did.

We love Yachtsman. Always a great steak there. The onion rolls are to die for.

We went to the Yacht Club for dinner on Friday. There were 7 of us. Crab cakes were good. Steak was not. It was not hot. I sent it back and still not hot.
The side dishes and bread was excellent. When you pay $31.00 for a steak, you should be able to eat it.

Flying Fish. A few years ago I would've said the exact opposite, but now it's not even close for me - Flying Fish is the clear winner. Both the seafood and meat (I had the bison this time) were excellent, and the service was very gracious. Prices are definitely high, but not out of line for the quality.

IMO you really can't go wrong with either. We've had amazing seafood and steak at both. I'd just let your seafood or steak tastebuds do the deciding.

I think this is an easy question.

If you are going to eat steak then most definitely it is the Yachtsman.

If you prefer seafood, then most definitely it is the FF.

We prefer steak. pirate: aRghhhhhhhhhhhh pirate: Beef! pirate: So, we prefer the Yachtsman hands down.

We love both, but we were incredibly impressed with Flying Fish when we dined there this past October. The food, drinks and service were all fantastic. I think we would do this again over Yachtsman.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter