One Bedroom Question

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by Disney Duo, Feb 10, 2003.

1. Disney Duo

Disney Duo We Love Disney

We have not stayed in a one bedroom before, however, since my Mother is going down with my DH and me, we are going to get one for this trip. In looking at the different room layouts, it seems to me that in order to get to the bathroom at OKW(which is our home) you have to go into the master bedroom. Is this the case? It looks like you do not have to do this at BWV or WLV or BCV? Has anyone stayed at OKW one bedroom with someone using the sofa sleeper and sharing the bathroom(other than your children, that is). Is this a problem? Appreciate any information you can give us. Thanks.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

Just request a room in buidling 30 or higher. The first phase, buildings 11-29, have the one-access-to-the-bathroom configuration in all 1BR villas.

All rooms in buildings 30 and higher have two entrances- one thru the MB and one thru the laundry room. The portion of the bathroom that includes the toilet and shower also has a sink and counter, plus two entry doors in these buildings, so it'seasy to isolate from the bedroom.

The other portion of the bathroom has a pedestal sink and the jacuzzi and is separated from the bedroom only by a louvered window- no way to make that area totally private.

Just request a room with 2 entrances to the bathroom and you should be fine.

The danger here is that you will now be spoiled by the 1BR!

Enjoy! :)

4. GAIL HAYDEN

GAIL HAYDEN DVC Member since '92

The first phase at OKW had this drawback, but, the newer ones do have a door to the bathroom through the laundryroom.
    Ask for a building with a door to the bathroom. The only problem, and I am sure ncligs will be thrilled about this, is that if you want a smoking optional unit, you will not have this option, it seems all those buildings are in the first phase.

5. Disney Duo

Disney Duo We Love Disney

Thank you so much for the information.....it sounds exactly like what we wanted to hear!! We did want to stay at OKW this trip, but we were afraid we might not be able to if the bathroom only had one entrance. We are okay, Gail, as we do not want a smoking unit.

You are right Doc, I have been wanting to "BE Spoiled" and get a one bedroom for a long time!!! It is finally going to happen! Thanks again to both of you.

6. ncligs

ncligs Registered

[​IMG]Thanks for the info Gail.[​IMG]

7. GAIL HAYDEN

Anytime Nick. ;)

8. WebmasterDoc

Smoking Optional buildings are 12,19,21,25,41 and 50.

Buildings 41 and 50 will have 2 entrances to the bathroom if you desire a smoking optional room in that configuration.

Enjoy!

9. Bexx

Bexx DIS Veteran

What's "smoking optional"? I thought it was either smoking or non smoking. :confused:

10. WebmasterDoc

"Smoking Optional" is the term Disney (and many others) use to designate a room where smoking is allowed. You are not forced to smoke there, thus making it "optional".

Non-smoking indicates smoking is not allowed in the room or building, but there have been reports of smokers being assigned to a non-smoking room and being told it was OK- even to the extent of providing ash trays.

11. GAIL HAYDEN

Doc,
    You can drop 41 and 50 off the list of smoking buildings, they are being redone to accomodate non smokers.

12. ncligs

ncligs Registered

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. GAIL HAYDEN

Nick,
    I believe that not making units available with the door in the laundry room for smokers very unfair. It does not allow for us in the minority to have guests without giving up some level of privacy. I feel DVC was a bit short sighted in this one and I do plan to make my feelings known in the matter. However, I really liked building 25 and there was only the two of us, so, this time it did not matter.
    And....................I do not wish to make this a debate, just stating a feeling.

14. ncligs

ncligs Registered

[​IMG]

15. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

That'll make 4, wasn't it 7 or 8 last year available for smoking? Maybe it will end up totally non smoking in a few years.

16. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

I really, really, hope not.

I am not a smoker, never have been and hate being around someone who is smoking. I avoid places where smokers tend to congregate as best I can. But I still think there should be some units where people are allowed to smoke.

I do not want to stay in a unit that has had people smoking in it. Not all smokers are as considerate as Gail. Some will smoke wherever they please - too bad if it isn't allowed. There are already reports that some of the CMs give "permission" for smoking in a non-smoking unit. At least under the current system, smoking is mostly confined to specific units and those of us who don't like it (or are extremely allergic to it) have a very good chance of being able to avoid it.

17. GAIL HAYDEN

In the beginning there were many more smoking buildings, but, that has dwindled. I doubt it will ever be non-smoking and I do believe they will stop at 4.
    I really don't think you would want it totally non smoking, some people, as Carol pointed out, will smoke anywhere, anytime.
    That would really cause some problems. Better to leave us in buildings where it is allowed.

18. ncligs

ncligs Registered

"We can only hope".[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

P.S. But Gail and Carol are probably right.[​IMG]

19. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

To clarify, read the maybe as I wonder if, not I hope so. I was simply pointing out that it was an ever shrinking group and I wondered if the prediction for totally non smoking might actually come true someday.

20. GAIL HAYDEN

Thanks for the clarification, Dean. I think it is as likely as all adult buildings, which would be wonderful, but not likely to happen.

21. Sammie

Sammie DIS Veteran

I will take the smokers anyday over the rude and inconsiderate, and lately I seem to see alot of that. We had the horror of spending a day at the quiet pool with 2 little monsters taking sand out of the play area and dumping it in the laundry room and into the pool by the bucket full. They were both about 8 years old. They were completely unsupervised. When I asked them to stop one of them told me to ^%&* off. I called security when they started putting things in the dryer with others clothes. They told security their parents told them if they came back to the room any sooner than 3 hours they would "whoop" them.

Case in point read the post on Resorts about rude concierge guests.