Once Upon A Time

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Hootiss, Oct 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Family Fun Mom

Family Fun Mom <font color=green>No longer tagless... my wit has

I watched it with my kids (older kids, my youngest is 9). We all loved it. I will definitely tune in next week!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. phillmolly

phillmolly DIS Veteran

I enjoyed it!! I will be adding this to the DVR list! DS, 3, was in and out of the room while I was watching and he seemed to enjoy, he liked the horses and the castle, big castle mom!

4. Mermaid02

Mermaid02 <font color=blue>BL II - Blue Team<br><font color=

I liked it- I'm not sure the Queen meant to put herself in the curse.... I'm not sure she knows who she is :confused3 Looking forward to next week!!

5. kimmyann

kimmyann DIS Veteran

We all watched & loved it! Hope they don't snatch it away (seems like that happens whenever I find a new show I like alot). Great to have something to watch the whole family can enjoy together.

6. Hidden_Mickey

Hidden_Mickey DIS Veteran

We watched it. It's a little weird, but I like the concept. I'm going to give it a few more episodes. I would assume ABC would do Disney stories the right way... I hope! It felt a little like Enchanted without the animation.

7. LuvsDragonflies

LuvsDragonflies DIS Veteran

Loved it! I was hoping it would be good and it is!:thumbsup2 Have the series dvr'd in case i forget lol.

8. Toad_Passenger

Toad_Passenger Wild Ride Dreamer

I think the Queen had not intended to put herself in the curse, but, with her magical background, knew where the Wardrobe sent the baby. She knows Emma has the power to break the curse since she sent the guards to kill her on the night of the curse. Once she saw they "sent" the baby away, she knew she had to go with them to hunt down Emma.

At least that's my take on it. :confused3

9. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

I watched, of course as I love all things fantasy. Not bad. A little Neverending Story meets Enchanted, with a dash of "Ink" (weird weird movie that is really out there).

I love Ginnifer Goodwin (Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard). I just recently saw her in "Mona Lisa Smile". Great movie.

I will keep watching for sure. :thumbsup2

10. LuvsDragonflies

LuvsDragonflies DIS Veteran

I think the witch knows who she is and is loving being the "ruler" of the little town, especially knowing that no one else knows. Except for Rumplestilskin, I think he knows too.

11. brookmey

brookmey I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blu

That's what I was thinking, too. When the queen/mayor looked in the mirror at the end, I was so expecting her to say "Mirror, mirror"!

12. ilovemk76

ilovemk76 DIS Veteran

I think the same thing too.

13. kinntj

kinntj DIS Veteran

I watched it with DD9 and we both liked it. The mystery of the ages of the characters. Emma came through as a baby, but now an adult and has a child she gave up. The queen and snow white in modern times, hasn't aged. At least that I know. I may have to watch it again to see if I missed anything.

14. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

The hotel owner knows who is Emma is? Does everyone else know?

15. Toad_Passenger

Toad_Passenger Wild Ride Dreamer

Red Riding Hood's Grandma, or Rumpelstiltskin? I knew Rumpel would realize it once she said her name.

FWIW I always imagined Red Riding Hood was some kind of town tramp. LOL.

16. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

Time stopped in the town and hasn't moved in 28 years until Emma came to town. My only question is Henry...how did he age and how did he end up being adopted by the by the queen?

17. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

I guess since he was born of Emma he is aging.

From the previews (and now going to speculate, lol) it looks like the Queen probably learned the future with Emma (from Rumple) and then got Henry because of that?

There is my shot in the dark.:laughing:

18. threeboysmom

threeboysmom Our life is what our thoughts make it

Gosh, I think I need to rewatch the premiere, lol. I'm so LOST.

Without giving away anything, Snow White, Emma (her daughter), and the Evil Queen are all co-existing in the modern age? Does Snow White know who Emma is? I'm guessing she does?

I'm confused thoroughly as to how the boy came to be adopted by the Evil Queen.

And even moreso, why did the Queen wait 28 years and never once try to kill Emma? Instead she adopts her little boy?? Doesn't make one bit of sense to me.

Am I missing something? :confused3

19. HM

HM My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.

I'm really not sure what I think yet. I'll watch again a couple more times before I decide whether it's worth our time. I've already given up on Person of Interest after the first three weeks. The only new ones I'm continuing are Revenge, Terra Nova and Unforgettable, so far.

20. Feralpeg

Feralpeg Living and Loving Windermere!

I really enjoyed it. Of course, there are many unanswered questions. I just hope they don't go off the deep end and make it so bizarre that I can't follow it. I got lost literally in "Lost" and stopped watching it.

21. Oreo Cookie

Oreo Cookie DIS Veteran

I enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to how the series unfolds. That Queen sure is a meanie!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.