Once, Twice, Three Times to Disney!?! - Updated (finally!) 7/22

Will definitely be looking out for your gender reveal! How exciting!
The house sounds lovely, and will be even better once you've put all your special touches and changes to it!

What a pain about the food, AK sounded busy, hope your parents food wasn't too cold, but at least they got their flame tree barbecue fix!
Wow that table view was brilliant, couldn't ask for a better one :)
Looking forward to reading more

I do like the boneyard play area - lot's of fun for the kids and love that it isn't real sand there

Luke is not alone with regards to that water area - my kids have gotten soaked there!

I love that Everest photopass spot - and it is a bit out of the way so never crowded.

What a great view you had at dinner!

Don't like that foreshadowing though!:(

My DS could LIVE in the Boneyard play area! He can never get enough. I remember taking him for the first time and having a lot of trouble finding the digging area too! And last time we were there, there was a stack of buckets and shovels off to the side that must have been left there, so I will no longer worry about making sure to get another bucket before going to play. lol Especially since you had an hour wait at Restaurantosaurus!! Oh my word, that is crazy talk! And we have gotten that same hot dog several times and there's usually a lot more mac & cheese on top. Sounds like they were really having an off day while you were there!

Aww, Luke looks like he is having a blast in that fountain! It's it funny how we spend so much on a Disney vacation, but the kids are usually happiest playing on playgrounds and in fountains?!

Joining! Three trips in a year sounds perfect to me ::yes:: We went twice in 2014, then twice in 2015 plus a separate trip to Universal during which we couldn't resist a day at MK.

LOVE your expecting announcement, and congratulations party:

Your AK day sounds perfect. That stomach bug foreshadowing though.......sounds like our last Nov. trip :sad2:

Enjoying your trip report and following along!

Thank you and :welcome:!

Congrats on the new set of mouse ears too!

Thank you! We are over the moon about our new Mouseketeer on the way!

Will definitely be looking out for your gender reveal! How exciting!

Thanks! About 2 weeks and I should have a post to let everyone know. I don't care either way, I think either one would be great. But I think it's another boy. That's my guess.

The house sounds lovely, and will be even better once you've put all your special touches and changes to it!

It is a little overwhelming right now since we are trying to get most of the renos done before our combination housewarming/gender reveal party. So we are getting close to that deadline and there is not a lot I'm allowed to do. But we are so excited to have it done and have it be just the way we want it.

What a pain about the food, AK sounded busy, hope your parents food wasn't too cold, but at least they got their flame tree barbecue fix!

True, but they are definitely glad it is back to its usual spot and quality!

Wow that table view was brilliant, couldn't ask for a better one :)

It was perfect! I wouldn't say it is better to watch the fireworks here, because there is something special about seeing them by the castle. But this is a whole different experience. It is peaceful and quiet and you aren't crammed in with 10,000 other people. It almost feels like a private fireworks show!

Expedition Everest! We experienced some broken track
Haha, if one didn't know better, they'd be wondering why all the other rides were closed down instead of this one. :rotfl2:

IMG_5258_zpsybxis3sl.jpg
Nice!

Fantastic fireworks view! :thumbsup2

A perfect end to a perfect Disney day! Unfortunately, tomorrow will not go as smoothly (foreshadowing)...
:scared:

I do like the boneyard play area - lot's of fun for the kids and love that it isn't real sand there

It was a really neat area! It makes me sad that we will never get to try out the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Maybe they will build a new Star Wars playground?

Luke is not alone with regards to that water area - my kids have gotten soaked there!

It is such a fun little area that we just stumbled across and now make a point to go there every trip!

I love that Everest photopass spot - and it is a bit out of the way so never crowded.

This may be my favorite photopass spot besides the castle. (Because you can't beat the castle!)

What a great view you had at dinner!

It was so nice! And nice to know we weren't having to battle those crowds on Main Street!

Don't like that foreshadowing though!:(

Yeah. Not too good. :sad2:

My DS could LIVE in the Boneyard play area! He can never get enough. I remember taking him for the first time and having a lot of trouble finding the digging area too! And last time we were there, there was a stack of buckets and shovels off to the side that must have been left there, so I will no longer worry about making sure to get another bucket before going to play. lol Especially since you had an hour wait at Restaurantosaurus!! Oh my word, that is crazy talk!

I will remember that for next time! I was planning to just pack the one we have, but if there are some there, we may just do that.

And we have gotten that same hot dog several times and there's usually a lot more mac & cheese on top. Sounds like they were really having an off day while you were there!

The hot dog wasn't bad. I still wasn't at my best recovering from the stomach virus so I am not the best judge, but it tasted fine. It just wasn't what I had it hyped up in my head to be.

Aww, Luke looks like he is having a blast in that fountain! It's it funny how we spend so much on a Disney vacation, but the kids are usually happiest playing on playgrounds and in fountains?!

Hahaha! I know! I think he would be content to just do the Boneyard and splash pad! He does really love Triceratops Spin, though...

Joining! Three trips in a year sounds perfect to me ::yes:: We went twice in 2014, then twice in 2015 plus a separate trip to Universal during which we couldn't resist a day at MK.

:welcome:! We definitely want to make it to Universal one day when the kids are a little older and can do more!

LOVE your expecting announcement, and congratulations party:

Thank you!!!

Your AK day sounds perfect. That stomach bug foreshadowing though.......sounds like our last Nov. trip :sad2:

After reading that, I had to go look up your trip report. Following now!

Haha, if one didn't know better, they'd be wondering why all the other rides were closed down instead of this one. :rotfl2:

I know! They have a ride with broken track, one that flies off the track and into the air, a ride that goes straight though a briar patch, and one that is overrun with ghosts! But they are worried about a few technical difficulties! :rotfl::rotfl2:

Fantastic fireworks view! :thumbsup2

It was truly a perfect evening!

It was a really neat area! It makes me sad that we will never get to try out the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground. Maybe they will build a new Star Wars playground?

I have heard a rumor the HISTK's play area will re-open but re-themed to a Bug's Life. Hopefully they do have something for kids to play with in Star Wars land - especially as the attractions they have described so far don't seem aimed at small kids ... though maybe the feeling is Toy Story land will be more for little kids

I have heard a rumor the HISTK's play area will re-open but re-themed to a Bug's Life. Hopefully they do have something for kids to play with in Star Wars land - especially as the attractions they have described so far don't seem aimed at small kids ... though maybe the feeling is Toy Story land will be more for little kids

Hope this is true! But you are right, the opening of Toy Story land should drastically increase the amount that Luke can do at DHS. Right now the only rides he can ride are TSMM and GMR and to be honest he doesn't really love either of those. He is too young to really participate on TSMM and GMR is a little boring for him.

Hope this is true! But you are right, the opening of Toy Story land should drastically increase the amount that Luke can do at DHS. Right now the only rides he can ride are TSMM and GMR and to be honest he doesn't really love either of those. He is too young to really participate on TSMM and GMR is a little boring for him.

and I think that is the main reason that the waits and craziness to get FP for TSMM are so high ... it is one of the true "for all ages" attractions at DHS (or at least amongst the "big" attractions)

Joining in! Our kiddos are around the same age. DD is 2.5 now :)

What a cute pregnancy announcement! And that is insane how that worked out with the house! The universe was really looking out for the both of you.

Loving your TR so far, but I'm not liking that foreshadowing!

How did you like staying off property? I'm usually an "all Disney or nothing" kinda gal, but we're talking about taking a trip with another family. They have someone who has a house to rent, 4 miles from AK. So we'd probably stay there. I've only stayed off site once, and I was so young I don't really remember.

A Morning at Magic Kingdom with a Premature Ending

Everyone woke up in a good mood this morning and we enjoyed a leisurely breakfast at our resort. We didn't rush, but still left relatively early since we are early risers. Here is Luke, ready for his big day at Magic Kingdom.

We took the monorail over from the Ticket and Transportation Center and still managed to arrive at Magic Kingdom at 9:15, just 15 minutes after rope drop. Here is the crowd we encountered as we walked in:

It looks fairly crowded, but once we got off Main Street the crowds dispersed. And everybody was heading in a different direction than us. You can see there was not much traffic at all the way we were headed.

Our first stop was the Magic Carpets and Aladdin and Jasmine got on the ride too! I thought that was pretty neat, you can see them in the pictures below.

If possible, Luke loved this ride even more than Triceratops Spin! He really loved the added feature of being able to manuever us up and down to try to get us sprayed by the camel!

After our ride, we walked around the front of the ride to see if we could get sprayed by the other camel. We succeeded and also got a quick picture.

I don't know if it is just pregnancy hormones, but thinking back to this moment gives me a few happy tears. It was just one of those simple, but perfect moments. The weather was beautiful and we were all there together, in my happy place, my son cracking up over everyone getting squirted by a camel! Ahhh, Disney bliss!

Jungle Cruise was under refurbishment at this time, so we walked over and jumped on Pirates of the Caribbean with no wait! After a great ride, we decided to hit up something we always skip - The Enchanted Tiki Room. I'm not sure if we visited this as kids, but I don't remember having seen it before. I had read it was a favorite with toddlers, so we stopped in!

I must say, though, Luke was not amused. He found this rather boring and was pretty squirmy. It didn't make it onto my favorites list either, so we will probably skip this one for awhile. Next up was our first fastpass of the day at Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Always a favorite! We took turns riding. During my parents turn, I realized that Luke was having trouble drinking out of the Thermos cups I had purchased for this trip. So we ducked into the gift shop by Splash Mountain and picked up a super cute Mickey cup!

This was a lot easier for him to drink out of, so we just kept the milk in the Thermos cup until he was ready for a drink and then transferred the milk to the Mickey cup. And he still loves the Mickey cup, so we have gotten a lot of use out of it!

After DH and I took a turn on Big Thunder, it was time to use our fastpasses for Splash Mountain. My mom decided to sit out as she wasn't feeling well. We all just chalked it up to the heat, especially since there was no shade where they were waiting by Big Thunder. My dad sat out with her while James and I rode. When we got back, my dad and James decided to ride while I sat out with my mom. She had some Frogg Toggs and used those to cool down and we had a nice shady spot by the little play area. After resting for about a half hour, she was feeling a little better so we decided to continue on.

Our next stop was Haunted Mansion. The standby line was about 20 minutes, so we went ahead and jumped in line. We were only in line a few minutes though, before my mom said she wasn't feeling well and decided to leave the line. She said she was okay to just grab a bench, so we let her go while we waited in line. We hoped that it was just the heat getting to her, especially since we were in a very congested part of the line. But deep down, I knew better. By the time we had finished our ride, my mom felt much worse and she and my dad decided to leave the park.

James and I decided we would stay, since this was the only full day we had planned at Magic Kingdom and since we knew that Luke would likely interfere with my mom's ability to rest quietly. Plus we had a lunch dining reservation and we didn't want to lose our deposit.

Up next: We tackle Magic Kingdom as a party of 3. Find out how the dreaded stomach virus will affect the rest of our trip.

Last edited:
Joining in! Our kiddos are around the same age. DD is 2.5 now :)

:welcome:

What a cute pregnancy announcement! And that is insane how that worked out with the house! The universe was really looking out for the both of you.

Thank you! We are both very thankful for how everything worked out.

How did you like staying off property? I'm usually an "all Disney or nothing" kinda gal, but we're talking about taking a trip with another family. They have someone who has a house to rent, 4 miles from AK. So we'd probably stay there. I've only stayed off site once, and I was so young I don't really remember.

We have really done it all. In the 8 trips as adults, we have done offsite in a house we rented, offsite in a condo/resort, offsite in a hotel, onsite in a value room, onsite in a moderate, onsite in a deluxe, and onsite at Swan/Dolphin (I consider these separate from the deluxes).

I prefer to stay onsite. But I think they all have their merits. We stayed in a full size house for the cost of one value room. The 3 bedroom condo was less than one value room. It is definitely cheaper, especially if you are traveling with a group. I do miss the feel of a Disney resort when offsite. But if I could have two Disney trips a year and stay offsite or one onsite - I would stay offsite.

That's cool about Aladdin and Jasmine riding the magic carpets! I've heard of Alice and the White Rabbit riding the Tea Cups first thing in the morning, but not Aladdin and Jasmine

I love those little Disney moments that bring you back to a happy place - and they are usually time together as a family just enjoying that

Sorry to hear about your mom - I hope it wasn't anything big!

I prefer to stay onsite. But I think they all have their merits. We stayed in a full size house for the cost of one value room. The 3 bedroom condo was less than one value room. It is definitely cheaper, especially if you are traveling with a group. I do miss the feel of a Disney resort when offsite. But if I could have two Disney trips a year and stay offsite or one onsite - I would stay offsite.

Thanks! I'm so used to/love being in the Disney bubble! I also really love Disney transportation. We used my car a few times on this last trip, and I really didn't love it. But I'm sure it's easier to manage with an extra set of hands, between having a stroller and a tired toddler!

I love your baby announcement!
And going through your past trip report your son Lukes little pooh bear overalls are the cutest things I have ever seen!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter