Onboard photo - vertical or horizontal?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by riley2008, Sep 26, 2012.

1. riley2008

riley2008 DIS Veteran

We are leaving in a few days and bought a picture mat to get signatures. I was wanting to put a scrapbooking cruiseship or may "Magic 2012" on the bottom and didn't wanted signatures covered.

Do I orient the mat vertically or horizontally? We are planning on purchasing a photo with us and Mickey, if possible. Is there a standard way these are oriented? May I request they change the orientation?

Thank you.

(65 hours and 30 minutes till we hit the road to Magic!)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Momma2Jax

Momma2Jax DIS Veteran

We had pictures in both formats at shutters. It seemed like most of the inside pics with characters were portrait formats.

As far as getting it signed, when you turn it in, they will note it on the form if you want it portrait or landscape.

4. dolphingirl47

dolphingirl47 In Search of the Tag Fairy

On every cruise that I have done since they offered the CDs, they have always taken one photo in portrait orientation and one in landscape for each photo opportunity.

Corinna

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

Most of ours were vertical, but there are only 2 of us. For large groups, most seemed horizontal. But that could be just my perception...

6. marciemouse

marciemouse Raised on Disney

We just picked vertical and thankfully ended up with a nice one that worked. You may want to use something (maybe blue painter's tape?) to block off the area you want to save for your scrapbook design and/or caption and then note which end is supposed to be the top.

7. DebbieR

DebbieR we came...we saw...we wanna go back!

We just got off the Magic last week and I had decided at the last minute to get a photo mat signed. I hadn't really thought it out before we dropped it off at Guest Services and they asked if we wanted it portrait or landscape. I said portrait and then noticed almost all of our photos in Shutters were landscape. After that I just asked the photographers to do them portrait. At the end of the cruise we had a few different shots to choose from. There were only 2 of us, so it looks OK. If there were more people, portrait might look too "squishy".

8. riley2008

riley2008 DIS Veteran

Thank you all.

I think I'll go with landscape and check in with Shutters early enough to hopefully get a picture that will work. (And we'll likely take plenty of pictures too, so that make work just as well.)

Thanks for they idea about painters tape!

Jamie