Onboard booking question....any ideas?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Billinaz, Jan 24, 2004.

  1. Billinaz

    Billinaz Waiting to spend time in our home away from home..

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2003
    Messages:
    2,048
    Online booking question.

    I got a price from calling DCL for a land/sea cruise. It has a discount built in for booking early.

    I am on the Wonder Sunday Feb 1 and am thinking of holding off on the deposit until the cruise.

    Does anyone know where the 10% discount come into play?.. Is it the price AFTER the early booking discount?

    I just want to make sure I dont get myself stuck if I book it and them find out that I could have saved a bunch more by waiting a few days.
     
  2. kcashner

    kcashner DIS Veteran

    Joined:
    Dec 4, 2003
    Messages:
    33,285
    The 10% is after the current lowest price. I was told on the ship that the price would "never" be lower (which I knew wasn't true as I had seen last minute price reductions), but that if DCL ever had a lower price on the same cruise, they would match the lower rate for people who booked previously.

    I think that if by some chance the price was lowered below what I had booked (including the 10%), I would get the lower price, but not the lower plus 10% off. Does that make sense?

    So, yes, the 10% is AFTER the early booking discount.
     
  3. Dean

    Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 1999
    Messages:
    32,738
    Beyond the obvious availability questions, are there limits as to what one can book on board? Say one is planning a family cruise with several cabins but a couple was going before that, could they book all the cabins with the discount and per cabin credit? The reason I ask is that my wife and 17 y/o will be on the Magic in March. We are also planning a group cruise with my sister and family, my mom and my daughter come June 2005. We had planned to do the Mariner of the Seas for that trip as my sister wantss a casino but I was hoping she would give in if I could save her some money. At least I could book it then decide later about cancelling if things didn't work out or the RCCL prices were cheaper still. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
     

Share This Page