• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Onboard airline check-in: can I check an additional bag at the airport?

trstno1

Never look back darling. It detracts from the now.
If I use onboard airline check-in to check my bags, is it possible to check an additional bag (with toiletries and last minute items) when I get to the airport?

This seems like it would be a common question, but I've searched this forum and google and I haven't found an answer. Thanks!

If I use onboard airline check-in to check my bags, is it possible to check an additional bag (with toiletries and last minute items) when I get to the airport?

This seems like it would be a common question, but I've searched this forum and google and I haven't found an answer. Thanks!

You could probably gate check it but for some reason I am thinking I read that someone tried to check a bag at the airport and could not because they were using the OAC program.

If you are worried about your toiletries on the last morning....I usually pack all non essentials and just leave out my make-up and a few travel sized essential toiletries (I try to use them up during the cruise so I can toss them after I use them the last morning before leaving the ship).

MJ

We were able to check an additional bag at MCO after our NYE cruise. We were flying Delta.

Yes just go to the ticket counter, they'll pull up your reservation and will add in the extra bags... For a fee

You can check another bag when you get to the airport. But to me that defeats one of the big perks of OAC, skipping the ticket counter which can be a zoo at MCO. We either have travel size items for the last morning or finish off the last of a larger size so we can just dispose of it that last morning. If it's a special product, I would rather buy small bottles/containers and put one morning's worth of my products them for that last morning than hassle with another bag AND pay the cost of a second checked bag.

You can check another bag when you get to the airport. But to me that defeats one of the big perks of OAC, skipping the ticket counter which can be a zoo at MCO. We either have travel size items for the last morning or finish off the last of a larger size so we can just dispose of it that last morning. If it's a special product, I would rather buy small bottles/containers and put one morning's worth of my products them for that last morning than hassle with another bag AND pay the cost of a second checked bag.

Yep, I agree!

MJ

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll see if we can get buy without holding onto that last bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter