On the Magic what is your favorite place to eat Breakfast and why.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Mel2421, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Mel2421

Mel2421 Mouseketeer

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. 3Mickeys

3Mickeys Mouseketeer

Lumiere's. Leisurely, vacation luxury. Feels like an event instead of a buffet or rushed cafeteria feel.

4. GoofyTwinDad

GoofyTwinDad Mouseketeer

Lumiere's on sea days for a relaxing meal and Topsider's Buffet on excursion days.

5. sissy_ib

sissy_ib DIS Veteran

Topsiders then bring it back to the room to eat.

6. Happy100

Happy100 DIS Veteran

Topsiders everyday. Eat outside, on own time and decide what to eat by what looks appetizing. :thumbsup2

7. Melissa S

Melissa S DIS Veteran

100% agree on this comment for lunch. We loved trying the different themed foods while sitting outside and enjoying the beautiful view. However we found on our two cruises this summer that the food got progressively worse each morning for breakfast. The first day the food was fine and then it was like they gave up. So we had no choice to eat at Lumiere's. The only downside for some people ("luckily" we have a toddler that wakes up at dawn) is that you need to get there early or else you have to wait for a table. Once you are seated the wait isn't that bad since they bring you drinks and breakfast pastries while you want for your food.

8. MaryLou1962

MaryLou1962 LoveMyBoys

Our favourite place to eat breakfast is room service on our verandah. I don't care that the food is ordinary--the setting more than makes up for it!

9. jiminyC_fan

jiminyC_fan <font color=FF00CC>Missing Captain Mickey!<br><fon

Topsiders everyday. We don't like the long drawn out breakfast. We want to get on with our day.

10. wdwishes1990

wdwishes1990 DIS Veteran

Ditto for us!!!

11. Ajojo

Ajojo Mouseketeer

Eating outside in Topsiders

12. Golden Rose

Golden Rose Princess by Choice

Room service, for the privacy and the view.

Palo brunch, for the romance and the quality of the food.

13. havaneselover

havaneselover DIS Veteran

Lumieres. Cannot handle the runny eggs at Topsiders plus I don't want to overeat in the morning--ruins the whole day.

14. RedxPanda

RedxPanda DIS Veteran

Resist breakfast and eat PALO Brunch on a sea day! We made the mistake of eating a breakfast before going... bad idea. Super stuffed.

We ate at topsiders every morning because DD(1) was in a stage where she woke up at 6am or earlier every day. She was starved by the time the buffet opened up. It and Goofy's Galley were the only things open the earliest (7/730).

This next cruise we will try for Lumiere's/Triton's at least once. The menu looked yummy.

15. lorimay

lorimay DIS Veteran

Palo is the very best choice for us.

But can't do that everyday so we love to sit up at Topsiders and enjoy the views.

To avoid the runny eggs BLECK! I order two over easy from the omelet station.

16. cgolf

cgolf DIS Veteran

For us it is always up at Topsiders sitting outside. I love the view in the morning looking out over the ocean, so peaceful, it reminds me why we love to cruise:yay:.

17. RedSox68

RedSox68 DIS Veteran

Either Lumiere's or an early Palo Brunch. Both are "classy" and so relaxing. I like being served breakfast and get kinda tired of the foods at the breakfast buffets.

18. wendyoconnor

wendyoconnor DIS Veteran

Sitting outside at Topsiders, nothing better then watching the ocean pass by, smelling the sea air and enjoying a Mickey waffle. :)

19. mouseearstx

mouseearstx Earning My Ears

It doesn't really seem to matter where you eat breakfast, they all seem to serve the same reconstituted powdered eggs and bacon the consistency of watercolor paper :crazy2: We just got off the ship Sunday and tried Topsiders, Lumiers, and Parrot Cay! We were able to find great stuff for lunch and dinner, so I'm not one of those people who just thinks their food is horrible, quite the opposite. We just did not like their breakfasts.

We only cruise ever 3-4 years, the quality of breakfast was notably declined since we last cruise in 2009.

That said (to answer your original question), pick your spot for the ambiance you are looking for, the food is all the same. we had children with us, so we ended up at Topsiders most because we could get in and out quickly.

20. dsrose345

dsrose345 Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info! I didn't know you could eat breakfast at Lumiere's too.....

21. Feisty Fairy

Feisty Fairy DIS Veteran

Lumiere's because it is quite and relaxing and they bring you your food. Also I love the pineapple and french toast stack there, delicous.