On the 1st Day of Christmas Walt Disney Gave to Me.....Final Chapter 5/14/10!

Everyone be thinking warm !!!! I want WARM for February 4th thru 11th!!! But I will have a good time any way !!! Heck I'll be in Disney !!! Last May didn't stop us !!!:rotfl2:

Sorry I've been MIA...I went to Cali to cheer on our Buckeyes at the Rose Bowl!! What a great game! Anyways, I love all the pictures from Epcot with the characters. And that Cinderella you had is SO CUTE - she looks perfect!

so did you drive down or did Kami come up to meet you?

Oh, no, we stayed home.... but we met them on their way home at a fun little Jacksonville hole in the wall for lunch. The kids all had fun and it was nice to spend a relaxing hour with them since we couldn't do Disney together.

Oh me too it's cold enough here .. i do not want 2 1/2 weeks more when i should be warmer hahaha

Oh Kara i am so glad you got to see them and that they enjoyed it anyway

It is already warming up this week so you should be fine when you're here Erin. Don't forget to give me the dates again, and a way to reach you while you're here. Ally REALLY wants to meet Chloe and have a British pen pal!

So glad you got to see them for lunch!! :goodvibes How wonderful your sis is such a happy one, attitude is everything!:goodvibes

It's true, and I do believe that good things happen to good people.

Everyone be thinking warm !!!! I want WARM for February 4th thru 11th!!! But I will have a good time any way !!! Heck I'll be in Disney !!! Last May didn't stop us !!!:rotfl2:

I hope it will be nice - it's already going to be in the 60's this next week. Last week was just a once in 20 year fluke!

Sorry I've been MIA...I went to Cali to cheer on our Buckeyes at the Rose Bowl!! What a great game! Anyways, I love all the pictures from Epcot with the characters. And that Cinderella you had is SO CUTE - she looks perfect!

No you did NOT!!!!! That is AWESOME!!! I was cheering loud and proud from the comfort of my family room on New Years Day!!! The Rose Bowl is on my bucket list.... to see the Buckeyes win there!!! Even my Michigan friends were cheering for OSU - that is what I love about the Big 10!!!

It is already warming up this week so you should be fine when you're here Erin. Don't forget to give me the dates again, and a way to reach you while you're here. Ally REALLY wants to meet Chloe and have a British pen pal!

I will do, i'll send you a message on fb with all details .. i showed Chloe your message from fb earlier and she screeched and cheered, she is excited to meet Ally too!

On the 7th Day of Christmas Walt Disney gave to me....

7 bathroom pit stops
6 Epcot "Santas"
5 million dancing lights
4 parks one world
3 season passes
2 1/2 hr drive
and a room at the Wilderness Lodge

As we left Cindy's pad, it was just beginning to get dark.... So we headed over to Tomorrowland to check the wait for SM..... 50 minutes. Too long for me.... Plus, we knew we would be coming back to MK the next day.

So back through the hub.....

MKCastle1.jpg

MKCastle2.jpg

And right as we arrived, the Move It Shake It Celebrate It parade was coming by.

I LOVE this parade!!! Once I see it I can't get the song out of my head and I'm movin it, shakin it, and celebratin it all white girl style!!! Ally is mortified when I do this, which makes it all worthwhile!

What I never realized, however, is that the parade STOPS in front of the hub, and the characters hop off the floats and grab kids to dance!

Now this is great during the day, but at night? They form a conga line and take off!!!! So imagine darkness, crowds, and your child is in the hands of Mr Incredible! No problem! :rolleyes1

Ally Dancing with Mr Incredible!

It was crazy crowded in the hub, and I was a nervous wreck! But Ally had fun being chosen and that's all that matters.... well, since we got her back!

As soon as this party pulled out, everyone stayed in the hub and I realized it was for the castle lighting.... so we waited along with everyone else and we were AMAZED!!!! I don't think I ever watched it lit up little by little like this!

Before....

MKCastle3.jpg

After.....

MKCastle4.jpg

And the transformation.....

Castle Lighting

After that, as beautiful as it was, I was um, er, in dire straits. I needed a ladies room. A little girls room. You know the drill.

So there I headed.

As soon as I emerged, we all headed to POTC. But then it hit... again. So I told Jeff and Ally to go without me. They came off the ride, I told them to go somewhere else, ANYWHERE, just leave me to my own plans for awhile!

They went up the treehouse. Can you believe in all my trips to Disney I've never made it up there? And tonight was no exception.

Then we met up outside Jungle Cruise. Got in line. Nope. Got right out of line again..... This was NOT turning into a fun night in MK!

Finally my tummy settled enought to ride JC - and we had a pooper (pardon the pun!!!) of a skipper. And the skipper makes all the difference on this attraction! But I love riding JC at night, and I loved being able to make it all the way through without, well, you know.... ;)

It was just about time to find our spot for Spectro and I love watching from Liberty Square. So we did! Jeff and Ally ran off to get snacks and drinks, and I think they even went and watched Hall of Prez (right behind us) while I held the spot. I just did not want to move.

This is the part I just love. Getting a spot, and watching all the latecomers try to weazel their way in. Even Jeff and Ally got back about 20 minutes before it started our way.

Up next, Specto and Wishes.....

"I LOVE this parade!!! Once I see it I can't get the song out of my head and I'm movin it, shakin it, and celebratin it all white girl style!!! Ally is mortified when I do this, which makes it all worthwhile!
OMG that is just to funny. I couldn't stop laughing just with that picture in my head. Thanks I needed it today. Happy you got over your bathroom problem. Good day.

I love the celebrate parade too! Ally looked like she had a great time dancing with Mr. I.

Glad you were able to just sit and ... ahem... relax before the parade started.

"I LOVE this parade!!! Once I see it I can't get the song out of my head and I'm movin it, shakin it, and celebratin it all white girl style!!! Ally is mortified when I do this, which makes it all worthwhile!
OMG that is just to funny. I couldn't stop laughing just with that picture in my head. Thanks I needed it today. Happy you got over your bathroom problem. Good day.

Not a pretty picture to have in your head.....jus sayin. :rolleyes1 And yes, I did get over my issue..... thank you!

I love the celebrate parade too! Ally looked like she had a great time dancing with Mr. I.

Glad you were able to just sit and ... ahem... relax before the parade started.

It required some serious "concentration" to sit there and hold our spot. But I made it! And I did discover which are the cleanest bathrooms in Adventureland! Amazing the things you discover when you are "indisposed."

Cute video of Ally Shakin' it! It does seem :eek: to have someone run off with your child in the dark! Oops! on the "bathroom troubles" not fun any time, but especially in a theme park! Glad it turned out okay, or should I say "came out allright???" :rotfl2: Sorry. couldn't help myself.

Hi Kara!! I just found your TR!! I'm excited to read it as we're planning a trip to WDW this December!! :goodvibes Your Ally is so cute!! My oldest daughter's name is Ally, too!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

I got behind, but am all caught up now. Dinner at Cindy's pad looked like a lot of fun. Ally sure loves to smile for the camera. I have a 10 year old nephew who is photogenic like that. They would look so cute together in a picture.

Ewwwwh to the IBS attack (that's what I'll call it). That happened to me in June, but fortunately I had already made it back to AKL.

Sorry the weather was too crappy to make a quick visit to the world. I hope its warming up down there. Poor Ally. She must have been so disappointed. Kids don't care about bad weather. It's just us adults who do!

Cute video of Ally Shakin' it! It does seem :eek: to have someone run off with your child in the dark! Oops! on the "bathroom troubles" not fun any time, but especially in a theme park! Glad it turned out okay, or should I say "came out allright???" :rotfl2: Sorry. couldn't help myself.

On the bright side, go ahead and ask me where the "quiet" bathrooms are in Adventureland! I know!!!! :thumbsup2

Hi Kara!! I just found your TR!! I'm excited to read it as we're planning a trip to WDW this December!! :goodvibes Your Ally is so cute!! My oldest daughter's name is Ally, too!! :goodvibes Can't wait to read more!

Is she an Allyson???? Jeff and I fought over the spelling of her name - he wanted Allison, and I wanted it a bit different. So the birth certificate sat in my room for 2 days until finally I just filled it in MY way. He looked at me like, why do you get to decided? My answer? He got to pick the shutter colors on our house - he wanted green and I wanted blue, so it was my turn to pick!!! :rotfl2:

I got behind, but am all caught up now. Dinner at Cindy's pad looked like a lot of fun. Ally sure loves to smile for the camera. I have a 10 year old nephew who is photogenic like that. They would look so cute together in a picture.

Ewwwwh to the IBS attack (that's what I'll call it). That happened to me in June, but fortunately I had already made it back to AKL.

Sorry the weather was too crappy to make a quick visit to the world. I hope its warming up down there. Poor Ally. She must have been so disappointed. Kids don't care about bad weather. It's just us adults who do!

I have no idea where she gets her smile - neither Jeff or I are photogenic at all. As for my poor sister's trip in the cold. I felt really bad for them, until we met them for lunch on their way home. They were all very upbeat and happy - so they made the best of it. But my sis is a very positive person so it takes a lot to get her down....

I love this, too! So fun!

Really sorry about the bathroom runs (oops, pardon the pun :lmao:). Hope you were feeling better soon!

Ooooh, that was bad!!!!! ;) Funny, but bad!

I will work on an update soon.....

We've been in the midst of a possible job transfer back to SC and we are fighting it as best we can, but it looks like we are going to lose. It's a great job promotion for Jeff, but we just love Florida!!!! So, needless to say, we are very bummed right about now, but hopefully it won't happen til summer, at least for Ally and me. Jeff may end up gone, and commuting home on weekends, but we won't all move until end of summer, or when the house sells, whichever comes first......

Sorry to hear about the unwanted job transfer and relocation. I am sure I would not want to leave Florida either. Hope everything works out OK.

Is she an Allyson???? Jeff and I fought over the spelling of her name - he wanted Allison, and I wanted it a bit different. So the birth certificate sat in my room for 2 days until finally I just filled it in MY way. He looked at me like, why do you get to decided? My answer? He got to pick the shutter colors on our house - he wanted green and I wanted blue, so it was my turn to pick!!! :rotfl2:

She sure is!!! I liked the different spelling as well!! :thumbsup2 I love your story--too funny!! Yes, my Ally is Allyson Grace. I had wanted Allyson Claire but her initials would have been ACL. So I saved Claire and named my 2nd daughter Claire Elyse!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry about the possible job relocation. I wouldn't want to leave FL either. My DH would LOVE to move to FL and get a job with Disney!

Sorry to hear about the unwanted job transfer and relocation. I am sure I would not want to leave Florida either. Hope everything works out OK.

Thanx, we'll make it work though. We are actually moving back to the town we lived in for 13 years, so it's not like it's someplace we don't even know. It's just that we never imagined we'd LOVE living in Florida!

She sure is!!! I liked the different spelling as well!! :thumbsup2 I love your story--too funny!! Yes, my Ally is Allyson Grace. I had wanted Allyson Claire but her initials would have been ACL. So I saved Claire and named my 2nd daughter Claire Elyse!! :goodvibes

I'm sorry about the possible job relocation. I wouldn't want to leave FL either. My DH would LOVE to move to FL and get a job with Disney!

I love this part of Florida - today is in the 70's and beautiful. We do get a bit of a winter, the leaves fall and we get a few hard freezes, but highs are usually in the 40's or 50's even on the coldest days. I hate the snakes, gators, lizards, frogs, etc..... but it's a fair tradeoff for the wonderful weather. And there is so much to do within a 2-3 hr drive for us. Amusement parks, beaches, space center, you name it!

As for Allyson, Jeff reminds her all the time when she can't find one of those cheap personalized things in a souvenier shop - "blame your mother." :rotfl2:

Good luck with whatever your moving situation turns out to be. :hug: DH keeps saying he wants to move back to MS in the country. :scared1: I don't know how serious he is, but I love Florida. :lovestruc

Good luck with whatever your moving situation turns out to be. :hug: DH keeps saying he wants to move back to MS in the country. :scared1: I don't know how serious he is, but I love Florida. :lovestruc

Me too! If you'd asked me 5 years ago I'd have said there is NO WAY I'll ever live in Florida - now I'm dreading leaving!!!! I've grown to really love it here - the weather, the people, the weather...... :rolleyes1 Well, you get the idea!

And did I mention I love being 2 1/2 hrs from the Happiest Place on Earth??? I've already told Jeff I want one week plus one long weekend each year. This is what I got.... :sad2: We shall see.

On the 8th Day of Christmas, Walt Disney gave to me.....

8:00 Wishes
7 bathroom pit stops
6 Epcot "Santas"
5 million dancing lights
4 parks one world
3 season passes
2 1/2 hr drive
and a room at the Wilderness Lodge

So I'll leave this one pretty much just my photos. I've seen Spectro so many times and taken so many pics, that I don't even know what I have yet!

OK, just so you know, we love these guys....

MKSpectro1.jpg

So much so that when we are playing the WDW music in the car and the Spectro song comes on, Ally and I mimic their movements, much to Jeff's embarassment. You know, the really sharp up and down of the horns, and side to side with exaggerated movements? Yeah, that's us.... in the car.....

MKSpectro2.jpg

MKSpectro3.jpg

MKSpectro4.jpg

MKSpectro5.jpg

MKSpectro6.jpg

MKSpectro8.jpg

MKSpectro9.jpg

MKSpectro91.jpg

MKSpectro92.jpg

Up next, Kara almost ends up in the Disney slammer...... oh yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter