On reg DP, which meals are best out of pocket?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
We've upgraded free dining to deluxe the past few years, so haven't had to worry about credits. In 2013, we're downsizing to the reg DP, but still want to do HDD. We may add a couple extra TS as well. Is HDD best to do out of pocket, giving us two extra TS? Not sure which TS, but thinking about Cape May breakfast and Coral Reef lunch/dinner. Since we just upgraded to APs, we may get the Tables in Wonderland card, if it makes sense, since we'll be also be paying for breakfast at AS Movies food court most mornings. Wish we could do DXDP again, but with DD turning 10 this year, its almost 1500 more to upgrade... I'm consoling myself with the fact that most of the TS we'll do don't have appetizers anyway :rolleyes2

Asking which meals are best out of pocket when on the DDP is a tough question to answer without knowing what your ADRs are. In general, 2 TS credit meals (Signatures, Dinner Shows, CRT) are not worth the cost of 2 credits. However, HDDR may be the one 2TS credit restaurant that I can almost justify using the DDP on. Also, with the exception of maybe CM, breakfast is not worth using a TS credit on either. As for a la carte restaurants, you really have to check out the prices and what you would actually order to see if it works better with a TS credit or OOP. The best use of a TS credit while on the DDP, IMO, are buffet dinners.

You need to look at the menus for the restaurants you've picked, then determine which are the least expensive meals. Those are the ones you pay OOP for. Those are most likely going to be the breakfasts, but there could be some dinners that are not as pricey so you need to check them all.

We definitely pick cheaper table service restaurants to pay OOP for. For example, Kona Cafe (for breakfast) or something like Sci-Fi, Plaza, etc that has options for sandwiches at lunch. Then you can get an appetizer, entree and dessert for the price of one entree at a signature restaurant.

Definitely go on allears.net and check out your menus/prices :goodvibes

a lot can change in 11 months, maybe you can still upgrade :) if not I would never pay OOP for a 2 TS, look at your cheapest 1 TS typically breakfast or lunch :)

When we pay OOP, we try to go to buffets. This way you get appetizer and dessert. Restaurants like Biergarten, Tusker House, Crystal Palace, etc. I would use the TS for breakfast unless it was a character breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts