On-line check-in problems?

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by doconeill, Apr 9, 2009.

1. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

So we finally moved within 10 days of our trip, so I thought I'd try out the online check-in so I could throw in a room request. But when I click the link from the dvcmember.com details page, it says the information doesn't match their records...

Anyone else having issues? Is it a DVC thing? Or is it yet another curse on my because my Irish forefathers didn't realize that apostrophes in names give computers indigestion?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. maburke

maburke DIS Veteran

This seems to happen if something doesn't match, like the name (maybe the first name?) on the reservation, and the name on your dvc.com account?

4. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

On-line check-in is a Disney application on the Disney website. DVC Members access the application through the DVC website. The Disney site expects the records on file to match your input. If it doesn't you get the failure message.

In all honesty on-line check-in doesn't do anything for the Guest. We still had to wait in line, we still had to provide ID and one time they wanted to see our credit card. We didn't experience earlier room ready and at SSR we were told that the on-line check-in had erased our room request.

Why bother. :sad2:

5. Sheribo

Sheribo DIS Veteran

Same here! Not worth the bother and you don't get any real room requests either. At SSR we got to chose ground floor or close to transportation. That's it. You can't choose a location and any previous requests we had made were gone.

6. doconeill

doconeill Fastpass Jedi Master DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Well then...guess I won't bother with that route then... :)