On-line check-in and Room Request

Clare

Mouseketeer
We are checking into the Polynesian on Saturday....we have a large group with 3 rooms, and have requested that two of them be connected. We have also requested the Rapa Nui building.

Should I go ahead and check us all in on-line? Is the quick check-in worth it? I've read before that the online check-in can make you less likely to get your room requests (yes, I know, they are only a REQUEST).

Experiences with this?

Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on whether you get your requests granted.

As the PP stated, online check-in has no bearing on room availability, which has everything to do with requests.

However, I always tell people if you do have requests, it is best to check-in when you arrive instead of doing online check-in. To me, it sort of defeats the purpose of online check-in when you arrive and the packet is ready and waiting and then you want to talk to the CM, reiterate your requests, state that you wouldn't mind waiting a few hours, etc. I believe the purpose of online check-in is for people who have little or no signficant requests and would like to have a room available when they check-in, rather than waiting for a specific area or room type, such as connecting.

Thanks. I couldn't think of any reason why it would, but just needed some reassurance after some comments I've seen here.

Thanks. I couldn't think of any reason why it would, but just needed some reassurance after some comments I've seen here.

You can do a search and will see tons of threads started where people ask whether online check-in effects your room assignment or not.

People will swear by it, because they have used online check-in twice and both times they received their requests, so they just naturally assume it is because of the online check-in.

You will see the same thread, people will post they have done online check-in multiple times and never received their requests and assume that is what is driving the reason for not getting them.

The long and the short of it is that it doesn't matter how many people do or don't do online check-in each week, room assignment and requests are based on how busy or not busy the resort is for that particular week.

doesnt matter you can give room requests during online check in..it gave me some choices and it said to pick top 2 priorities..so i did..so either way no advantage

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!