On-line annual pass purchase

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by mimmiepnp, Jul 9, 2009.

1. mimmiepnp

mimmiepnp DIS Veteran

What website do I go to to buy annual pass with DVC discount? I am sure that I am looking in the wrong spot but I just can't seem to find it.

Thank you

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

there is a link on the member website; i think it's under perks.

4. AKVTiger

AKVTiger Earning My Ears

5. BigEeyore

BigEeyore DIS Veteran

I just ordered our AP's and I had to do it over the phone. MS told me that you can only do renewals online w/ your DVC discount. Also told me prices are most likely going up beginning of August, so I was glad I ordered now at today's prices. They don't mail you anything FYI - you give a CC# and get billed for it now, then when you get to WDW you have to go to a guest relations booth and present ID and membership card to get your AP's.

6. cheezNE1

cheezNE1 member since 2006

I ordered mine thru the dvcmember site the first time, they sent me the plastice card which i bring to the park to exhange for the actual pass. Then i renewed on the same website and they sent me 2 new green plastic cards that i need to bring to the park to exchange also.

7. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

that is very strange, i've only ever bought NEW ap's on the site and always got a voucher in the mail. maybe if you're too close to your trip they have you pick it up at the will call window. in fact, i tried to RENEW online once and had problems so just renewed at guest relations once i got down there.

8. iteachlit

iteachlit DIS Veteran

I bought four APs through the link on dvcmember.com. It forwards you to a Disney ticket page with the correct rates for the DVC pass discount. We got a print-at-home voucher. We weren't mailed a thing.

9. Donna

Donna Where Magic Lives

that must be new since i bought mine which was awhile ago. sounds much more efficient too.

10. iteachlit

iteachlit DIS Veteran

I ordered them in February of this year. It doesn't take long to spend $1,600, does it?

11. mom2rb

mom2rb DIS Veteran

This is what I did last night. With the rumor of a price increase, I didn't want to wait until September.

12. lulubelle

lulubelle <font color=darkorchid><marquee> I am Miss Klutz W

Can you buy/purchase one now and not activate it until 2010? I know I am buying one for our trip next year and am willing to pay now instead of later to save $$$.

13. BirdsOfPreyDave

BirdsOfPreyDave Disney Lover, DVC Member, SSR Fanatic DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Yes, when you buy online or over the phone what you get is a voucher (or will-call confirmation number). The date doesn't start ticking on the annual pass until you exchange the voucher at a Guest Relations location.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to go back and find the quotes to pull from the rest of the thread, but there are actually two different places to go for annual pass purchases.

If you're buying a new pass, you do it through the link on the member web site. A link has been posted in this thread, but to find it again, you follow this path through the web site...

Member Privileges (at the top of the page), Member Perks (on the page that appears), Walt Disney World (on the next page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings and More Disney Magic" (on the WDW Perks page), "Walt Disney World Annual Pass Savings" link (near the top of the next page), "Walt Disney World Ticket Store" link (mid-way down on this page).

Pfew! It is buried.

If you are renewing your current DVC discounted pass, you do it through the annual passholder web site. Go to the main Disney World web site at http://www.disneyworld.com. At the top right of the Walt Disney World section, you'll see a link for "passholders." This link will require you to sign in by entering the information from the back of your annual pass. Once you've logged in, you'll see a link on the left side of the page for renewals.

When you enter the renewal page, it will recognize that your ticket was purchased with a DVC discount, and show you the DVC discounted renewal rates. I just did this about a week ago and it worked fine for me.

Since you need to go to a Guest Relations window to exchange a voucher for a pass anyway, I chose the "will call" option. I didn't see any point in paying to have them mail something I need to go to the same window to exchange. I figure I'm responsible enough not to lose the email confirmation.

A word of advise. Some folks have posted that they were not offered the DVC discounted rates on this web site. Make sure the system recognized your tickets and is giving you the correct rate before you pay. It will clearly say "DVC annual pass renewal" in the description.

If you're a new DVC member and will be renewing a pass that wasn't originally purchased with the DVC discount, you won't be able to do that online. You'll need to do it over the phone or make the purchase at a Guest Relations location.

The phone number for annual pass renewals is 407-560-PASS (7277).

14. mimmiepnp

mimmiepnp DIS Veteran

I just checked the web site to order which was easy enough but the shipping asked for either will call or ticket delivery by mail.

What will I be getting if I ask for mail delivery as I only want the voucher so I can activate in November when I go. Is it the voucher that they will be sending or the annual pass ticket. If it is the AP when is it activated, is it the day they ship it?

Now I am confused

Thanks

Mimmiepnp :)

15. erionm

erionm DIS Veteran

If you select delivery, they will send you an exchange voucher. You will then have to trade the voucher for an actual AP once you get to WDW. Your year begins when you exchange.

16. mimmiepnp

mimmiepnp DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the help. I just placed an order!!

Yippee. Now another reason to go more!!

Mimmiepnp

17. kimpossible

kimpossible DIS Veteran

Just to add to this. I tried to renew our passes online to avoid price increases, but you can only renew 30 days before expiration. If someone knows otherwise, I would love to know. Thanks.

18. BirdsOfPreyDave

Give them a call at 407-560-PASS (7277) and see if they'll do it early.

19. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

When you get the renewal voucher through the passholder website, how long do you have to turn it in for your renewed ap? Our pass expires in dec but we won't be back to Disney until next Sept. We still want to renew since an ap is cheaper than the park hopper. Can anyone tell me how nuxh the savings is between a new dvc ap and a renewal?

20. BirdsOfPreyDave

When you do a renewal, the date of the new ticket is based on the expiration of the old ticket. Your renewed pass will expire one year after your existing pass regardless of when you exchange your voucher. You could pick up your AP in September, but it would expire in December.

That's part of the dilema of choosing between a renewal and a new ticket. If you can't be there for several months after the renewal date, it may be a better value to buy a new pass instead.

When will you return again in 2010? If it would be between December 2009 and September 2010, purchasing a new AP instead of renewing your current one would allow you to get two trips out of that one pass.

New pass with DVC discount: $369
    Pass renewal with DVC discount: $324

21. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

Thanks Dave. Regardless of whether we renew in Dec or get a new one in Sept we will only get the one trip out of it as we won't return after that until mid Oct 2010. We were hoping to buy vouchers before the rate increase but we won't have the extra cash until after this years trip.