On hold 28 Minutes so far...

pjhootch

DIS Veteran
I have to say my patience is wearing a bit thin. I tried to call last night and hung up after 15 minutes on hold. I thought I would stick it out tonight, but maybe I should just hang onto my money instead of changing my resort from value to moderate!

I know they have high call volume, but in all the calls I've made over the years I never had trouble getting through like this.

I think my cell battery is getting draining. I'm going to be so aggravated if my battery dies just as someone answers. ;)

pjhootch said:
I have to say my patience is wearing a bit thin. I tried to call last night and hung up after 15 minutes on hold. I thought I would stick it out tonight, but maybe I should just hang onto my money instead of changing my resort from value to moderate!

I know they have high call volume, but in all the calls I've made over the years I never had trouble getting through like this.

I think my cell battery is getting draining. I'm going to be so aggravated if my battery dies just as someone answers. ;)

58 minutes last Wednesday to pay off my trip....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

58 minutes last Wednesday to pay off my trip....

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

NO:crazy2:

Not that I'm bored or anything, but now I'm at 44 minutes. Still have battery but I am beginning to think really favorably about just staying at Pop. Was joking before, but am not now.

I had made a very firm decision earlier this week that if I called to give them more money by upgrading to a package and add days, and I had to wait over 20 minutes I wasn't going to go. Period.
With the joke that this website launch has been and now the hours on hold for people to hand over their hard earned money it has become ridiculous.
Somehow I got through right away. So I would advise calling first thing in the morning.
However, once I got through the cast member was having problems and dealing with system errors so it ended up taking over 45 minutes anway:rolleyes1

Glass Half Full, you still hold the record, I guess. It took 55 minutes for me to get through and 2 minutes to make the changes to the reservation. Since we have 2 rooms linked together, I couldn't do it on the website (IF the website is even working).

I was on hold yesterday for about 20 minutes - that's longer than I wait for most rides!

It wasn't too bad, though - the kids and I were sitting around the phone like crazy people, getting excited listening to all the parks music they were playing on hold :)

Why has the call volume been so high? And what's wrong with the website? I booked a cruise a couple of weeks ago and I needed to change something, so I tried to do it online...no dice. Then I called and waited 30 min. and 15 minutes before I got to talk to somebody. It took 3 minutes. :confused3:rotfl2::rotfl:

I always call during the day....around 2 ish. Dont wait more than 5 minutes or so. Remember...Evening in the east is say 7pm in west...alot of folks calling.

I waited 25 minutes the other day, then got put on hold for them to talk to IT. They couldn't pull up my name because there was an error. Told him I had to go make dinner and would call back the next day. This was to make a resort ressie, mind you.

Next day, called back and same issue. The lady asked for my husband's name and voila, it pulled right up. As far as I know the issue with my name was never fixed. So I booked the ressie under my husband's and that was the first time it went under his name ever. Maybe mine has a bunch of bugs because it was too much info for the systems to condense and they imploded. :thumbsup2

This is ridiculous. Why on earth would they change the website before they'd worked out all of the features? All I want to do is make a payment and confirm my details (since none of the details are on the website other than my hotel piece). 35 minutes so far on hold. :mad:

Called right now at 2:48 PM. Went through by 2:50 PM. Two minutes.

i called and got through in 5 minutes. after this post i was expecting the worst but it was fast

I was also pleasantly surprised to get through today with a 4 minute wait (after a 45-min wait 2 weeks ago!)

Don't forget if you're an AP holder there is a different phone number you can call to make/change/modify reservations. I have no idea if the wait time is any better on that line, but it never hurts to try!

It wasn't too bad, though - the kids and I were sitting around the phone like crazy people, getting excited listening to all the parks music they were playing on hold :)

LOL...we do the same and now DD walks around singing "yo ho ho its a pirates life". 3 more weeks of this!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter