On board tour, yes or no?

tltay2005

DIS Veteran
Would like to see comments on whether or not to take the guided on board tour of the ship. We are on a 3 day on the Dream in June.

I went on the Art of the Theme tour on the Wonder.... loved it and all the trivia info.

Just found this YouTube vid on the Wonder to give a little sample...

Last edited:
Sure is fun. You see a lot of the ship and get a bit of insight into the design. You can explore on your own just fine, but this tour adds a level of explanation that brings it all together. I'd say it is a matter of taste, if you want to spend time learning about the theme and how it all ties together, then go for it. If not, walk around at your leisure.

We didn't because there was so much else going on but I wish we had- we were very interested in the ship and heard good things about the tours.

There are two different ones offered. The ones the first day will give you the general lay of the ship - where things are, etc. The Art of the Theme Show is different (and 18+) and goes into the little details you might not notice otherwise.

Personally I'd skip the first one - signage is pretty clear as to what's where. But I LOVE the second.

We took the art of the theme tour on our last Dream cruise. It was nice. Got to see inside of Remy, which was neat. If you get tourguide, future cruise director IMO, extraordinaire NATASHA from South Africa, it'll be extra special.

We took the 'general lay of the ship' tour Day 1 on the Wonder. While the tour guide was great, I can't say we learned too much and it moved at a quick pace. I would skip it next time. The 'Art of the Theme' tour sounded great, just didn't have the time to go. Maybe next time? :earsgirl:

I've done both the general tour and the art of the theme show on both the Wonder and the Fantasy. If this is your first time on a Disney ship, I would recommend both. If you've been on a Disney ship before, than just do Art of the Theme.

I found it hard to take the time to do this on our 3 night cruise. Too little time and too many other great great things to do, especially with the kids.

Now on the 7 night later this month I plan to do the Art of the Show tour...it sounds fun.

I did a Galley tour once time, but I don't think they offer those anymore due to sanitation issues.

I finally did the art of the theme tour in November (cruise #4) and I loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter