On board airline check-in ???? Is First class charged for baggage ?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by sandrakit, Oct 1, 2012.

1. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

I am wondering if anyone can answer this question ! Our return tickets are in First class , we are participating in the onboard airline checkin and am wondering if Disney will still charge the amount to transfer bags where we are allowed 2 free bags each with First class ? We already paid for our transfers ...thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Bear3412

Bear3412 DIS Veteran

They will not charge you. If they do accidently, a call will fix.

4. mmouse37

mmouse37 DCL Diva!!

Be proactive....visit guest services and make sure they know. We (and others) had to visit guest services when we noticed we were charged baggage fees.

MJ

5. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

Thank-you for the replies ! I called Disney Cruise this am & the person I was talking to said she didn't have any idea . I asked her if she could ask anyone & find out & she said NO . Have any of you been ticketed in Business / First class & not been charged ? I will certainly go to gets services & let them know . Thank you all so much ...

6. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

As MJ said, go to GS IN ADVANCE. They will take the info and not charge you. THis applies to any program where you don't have to pay for bags--first class tickets, Delta AMEX card, etc. GS will take the info and not apply the charge. It is easier to do this than to have the charge removed later.

7. Duhey2

Duhey2 Mouseketeer

Put me down for a "go to Guest Services in advance" too.

What airline are you flying? I know United will show a matrix with bag fees by person on the itinerary or receipt. That could be handy.

8. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

We are flying USAir .

9. RaglanRoad

RaglanRoad So Cal Girl

We flew USAirways last year and were charged.
    I just emailed Disney customer service once I noticed and they immediately refunded the amount. I had even asked if we would get charged (while I was still on the ship) and was told no but at least they were quick to fix the error.

10. DisneyMom70

DisneyMom70 Mouseketeer

We flew Delta, but since we have a Delta card, we have no bag fees for the first bags checked. Disney charged us, but DH caught it the night before we disembarked. CS removed the fees immediately. No problem at all, but we were aware that might happen, so we made sure to check our cabin statement.