Omni Rosen

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by Karel, Jul 9, 2003.

1. Karel

Karel <font color=deeppink>There's a little poem about s

I have a friend staying there for a wedding. Anyone know anything about this hotel? TIA!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Don't think it is the Omni anymore (but I could be wrong). It has gotten mixed reviews. The Rosen group owns a TON of hotel rooms in the Orlando area and this is thier "best" property. ( I think they also own the Comfort Inn LBV.) It was a nice hotel, but I am not sure upkeep has been great.

4. Pooh Corner

Pooh Corner Earning My Ears

We've been to eat at the Omni Rosen many times and can well recommend it. It is right next door to the Orange Convention Centre on I Drive and a short walk to Pointe Orlando.

The hotel looks quite swish-has a nice pool area and well located-I think you will be fine here

5. Karel

Karel <font color=deeppink>There's a little poem about s

Thanks for your help. My friend couldn't find any info on it.

6. jwhiting

jwhiting Mouseketeer

I have recently returned from a 14day holiday staying at the Rosen Centre on International Drive.

I too was a little sceptical about this property especially after Virgin withdrew the hotel from their 2004 brochure. I later found that this was a contractural problem and nothing to do with the quality of the hotel.

However, I cannot praise the hotel enough, we had an absolutely brilliant time and were very impressed by the level of personal attention offered at such a big hotel.

I'm sure your friend will have a very enjoyable stay.

Julian

p.s. Get them to ask for a rear view room for a fantastic display of fireworks at Sea World every 10pm.

7. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

try seraching just under Rosen. I seem to recall the Omni affiliation has been removed.

8. kylara

kylara Wish I was still in Orlando/Kissimmee

Here is the website for the Rosen Centre. I haven't stayed there but attending a conference there a few weeks ago. It was a nice hotel and those staying there really loved it.

http://www.rosencentre.com/main_orh.html

9. daannzzz

daannzzz OMG...Theres my favorite scrambled

The Rosen Center website is good but doesn't show ( typical) a picture of the standard room the most people will get. Our room was nice but didn't look like any in the picture. We liked it here but were only there for one night before moving over to WDW. Redd's Deli was very good.

10. denisenh

denisenh used to have tags

I stayed at the Rosen in Orlando in February for one night and was not impressed. The room was smallish and had a horrible smoking smell. It was a non smoking floor. The bathroom is very small with a poor setup. I don't care for the through the wall A/C unit. It seemed out dated and worn in general.
    I wasn't completely miserable there, I tolerated it. I just wouldn't go back.

11. dennise

dennise DIS Veteran

We stayed at the Rosen Centre for six days in April; this was our third stay. We really like it, it is at the quieter end of I-drive. A room on the back side is a good idea, you seem to get more sun and can see the fireworks. The I-ride bus passes out in front and is an economical way ato get around. You can even get to DW if you change to a Lynx bus near Seaworld. Wolud stay again with no problem. The pool is really large and uncrowded, lots of towels and lounges. have a great vaca!