OMG Possum in the pool!!!!

PoohBWV

<font color=green>Moderator<br><font color=red>Pro
My daughter went to let out our dog tonite and started screaming. There was a possum swimming in the water on top of our pool cover. He was panicing and freezing. This led all of us to alternate between panic and laughter as we watched dh rescue the possum with a snow shovel - good thing we hadn't put it away yet - and a piece of wood. I can't believe this but we actually dried him off with a towel, then made a bed for him in a sheltered area beside our house with an old blanket. We even made a heating bag for him with an old tea towel with rice inside - kind of like a Magic Bag.

My other dd, actually found a web site for possum rescue - can you believe there is such a website? She called one of the phone numbers and a very concerned lady south of Barrie, Ontario told her we were doing the right thing, but that we should probably bring him in the house!!! Are you kidding me. Fred, as the kids are now calling him will remain outdoors. Most excitement I've had in weeks.:)

I couldn't find a possum in a pool but I found one in a bucket
- say hi to Fred!

We decided that if its a girl we're going to call it Maria after the possum rescue lady. My only question is who is going to get close enough to find out if it's a boy or a girl?

BTW, Mamudduck - your picture looks just like him/her!!!LOL

That is so cute! So you guys now have a possum pet!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:)

LOL! That's funny Pooh! There is actually a thread about this subject over on the Community Board. From what I read there, they don't make very good pets.

Sorry but it reminds me of the "Beverly Hillbillies"LOL

I can't stop laughing! Too Funny!

Thanks for the good laugh!

Scratch
:smooth:

I really don't think he was anyones pet. Sometime through the night Fred/Maria left his cozy blanket and ran away, hopefully never to go swimming in my pool again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter